[Lantern Corps] Green Lantern (2023) #5

Greetings @LanternCorps!

This series of posts is to discuss the latest issues of Green Lantern. This issue can be read here.

Feel free to use any, all, or none of the questions below as discussion starters.

1. What was your favorite part?
  2. Was anything surprising to see?
  3. What do you think of Sinestro’s attack?

Previous discussion can be found here

5 Likes

Solid issue that’s mostly standalone, Gives a hint of what might be going on in the larger picture regarding the comment of the motional spectrum. And I’m interested to see Sinestro use a Red Ring.

4 Likes

I enjoyed it. Hal’s color-changing visor was pretty cool. Interested to figure out Sinestro’s ring, going from yellow to red like that. Hyped to see where this all ends up.

The storyline with Sinestro’s kid is getting pretty good as well. Excited to see where that goes.

3 Likes
  1. What was your favorite part?

I enjoyed Hal shooting out twin constructs to take out the drones on opposite sides of the Earth. It feels like one of Adams’ mission statements for this book is to have Hal do at least one insanely cool thing with his ring that pushes the boundaries of what the rings are capable of – which is a pretty great one to have for a book like this.

1. Was anything surprising to see?

Sinestro’s ring turning red was a great cliffhanger. Hal’s not the only one pushing boundaries. I’m curious to see how that was possible and what this might mean for all the Corps and the Emotional Spectrum moving forward.

1. What do you think of Sinestro’s attack?

It makes sense for his character, but I’m more interested in what his endgame is for after he gets off Earth.

1 Like