[Lantern Corps] Alan Scott: The Green Lantern #4

Greetings @LanternCorps!

This series of posts is to discuss the latest issues of Green Lantern. This issue can be read here.

Feel free to use any, all, or none of the questions below as discussion starters.

1. What was your favorite part?
  2. Was anything surprising to see?
  3. How do you like this red lantern?

Previous discussion can be found here

4 Likes

This brings up a lot of questions regarding the origin of the Crimson Flame. Did the Guardians of Oa also concentrate old magic into that magical source? If so, why when they already created the Starheart that powers Alan Scott? And how will this affect the cosmic side of the Red Lanterns moving forward?

2 Likes

1) What was your favorite part?

When Alan gave Johnny that sucker punch.

2) Was anything surprising to see?

Perhaps that Johnny was more affected by his feelings for Alan than he was willing to admit.

3) How do you like this red lantern?

As a character, he’s interesting, however, I don’t like that it appears that most of what Alan remembers was faked by Johnny. That’s why I liked the sucker punch so much.

3 Likes
  • What was your favorite part?

When they fly through that random family’s living room while they listened to the radio. Made me laugh.

• Was anything surprising to see?

Was legitimately not expecting Johnny to have been a spy the whole time. I figured he went crazy or lost control from the rage energy or something.

• How do you like this red lantern?

Excellent. Very different from the mindless hate-filled versions we typically see.

1 Like

I loved this issue. I went back and forth on whether Johnny was actually gay or just playing that as a spy.

2 Likes