[Lantern Corps] Alan Scott: The Green Lantern #3

Greetings @LanternCorps!

This series of posts is to discuss the latest issues of Green Lantern. This issue can be read here.

Feel free to use any, all, or none of the questions below as discussion starters.

1. What was your favorite part?
  2. Was anything surprising to see?
  3. What do you think of Spectre in this series?

Previous discussion can be found here

7 Likes

I really liked the connection formed between Scott and Corrigan. I mentioned earlier in the Club Room, but I remember a Spectre story where he tried to deal with the issue of whether or not homosexuality was a sin, and it had some strong writing. So seeing him being more supportive and caring feels like a nice callback

5 Likes

Loved the Spectre this issue. I’m really glad the writers didn’t frame this discussion as the typical “church vs gays” debate.

2 Likes

1) What was your favorite part?

The relationship and conversation between Alan and The Specter. Specter was really trying to build GL up.

2) Was anything surprising to see?

Again, the authenticity of the story, pertaining to gay men and how they would sneak around to meet. Also, the conversation between GL and Flash at the morgue. Again, the authenticity, how a dead gay man meant nothing at that time. We still see this today, with other marginalized people. Also, Flash dropping that he knew about GL, and how this was personal for him.

3) What do you think of Spectre in this series?

Like I said above, he was my favorite part of this issue. His efforts to pull GL out of his self-doubt and negative feelings was touching to me. He really wanted GL to understand his own value.

2 Likes