[Lantern Corps] Alan Scott: Green Lantern #5

Greetings @LanternCorps!

This series of posts is to discuss the latest issues of Green Lantern. This issue can be read here.

Feel free to use any, all, or none of the questions below as discussion starters.

1. What was your favorite part?
  2. Was anything surprising to see?
  3. How do you like Red Lantern Alan Scott?

Previous discussion can be found here

4 Likes

1 - I liked how this series re-establishes the origin of Alan’s powers, a good summary for newer people

2 - I liked seeing the Starheart actually be warm to Alan

3 - Red Lantern Scott lasted for a moment but was cool

4 Likes

Seeing Alan’s conversation with The Emerald Flame. The conversations about is origin, as well as the Flame reminding Alan about the man that he is, and why he deservers to be Green Lantern.

The fact that Alan and Vlad still care about each other. Specifically Vlad for Alan, the way he was trying to help him recover from the Red Flame.

I don’t think I saw enough to have an opinion, but I can say I prefer him as Green Lantern.

3 Likes
  1. Seeing Red Lantern fake his identity as Johnny Ladd and betray Alan.
  2. There being multiple Red Lanterns
  3. I like him more than Alan, at least in this book.
3 Likes

Great book! This series is so well written and drawn. I wish this series would continue.

3 Likes

What was your favorite part?

The ending where the other members show up. Pretty hyped for the next issue.

Was anything surprising to see?

Wasn’t expecting the Starheart conversation. The subtle playing around with different colors seems to allude that it’s more powerful than just the traditional green willpower aspect of the the spectrum. Then again, I’m not all that familiar with the Starheart, so maybe that’s a normal thing.

How do you like Red Lantern Alan Scott?

Ii was nice to see him fighting more chaotically, instead of the same but red. Kinda surprising that the red was paired with death, but it kinda makes sense if you consider all the blood the Red Lanterns deal with.

1 Like