Justice League Draft 2023

Thank ye kindly

3 Likes

ofc!

3 Likes

Captain Atom can probably take down Black Adam. He’s able to go toe to toe with Superman and could probably win. He also works with the army and should be able to do a political approach with Black Adam. Kyle Rayner as such had probably taken kn a ton of political issues as a member of the Green Lantern Corps. But if worse comes to worse he could probably handle Gigantica
Tim Drake could also talk to them coming from how he is a business man. If need be he could probably stop Man-Bat and lady Clayface. I’m pretty sure he’s fought Man-Bat and Clayface and won.
Silver Sorceress and Booster Gold can help with the rest. If need be I think The Phantom Stranger would also help because of them trying to destroy the world.

I think that The Phantom Stranger could help Dr. Manhattan rediscover his humanity. He can literally do anything within the power of god, since his power is provided directly by god. In the same sense I feel like he could also stop Dr. Manhattan if need be. Captain Atom could also talk to him. As he is powerful enough to probably destroy the earth but instead protects it.

Sorry for any inaccuracies and mistakes!

5 Likes

I think I’d like to give the Heroines of Justice the edge here. Doomsday Clock is a philosophical clash of ideals, and Nubia and Power Girl are exactly the figures needed to counterbalance Black Adam and Doctor Manhattan.

5 Likes

I do like a potential Phantom Stranger and Dr. Manhattan discussion. But are they too similar in power level and demeanor? I wonder if Stranger is more likely to see Jon’s side of things than the other way around.

I actually haven’t read a ton of Phantom Stranger stuff so it could go either way for all I know.

4 Likes

Since the Phantom Stranger gets his powers from god I don’t think god would let that happen. But who knows :face_with_monocle::woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Added some more reasons and what not to my debate.

4 Likes

Nightwing, Supergirl, Beast Boy, and Frost will help as best as they can.
They can’t help everywhere, but they can at least do something.
They’ll split up. Beast Boy and Nightwing will be one team. Frost and Supergirl the other.
Nightwing and Beast boy will do their best to help the people of whatever city they’re in while Frost and Supergirl will help a different city.
As this is going on Simon Baz and Raven are completing one of the most vital parts of the plan. With his ring Simon will get Raven as close to the Sun as he can. According to Brainiac 5 only a green lantern ring could construct a device capable of surviving what lies ahead. Hal said there are two ways to dispel the darkness. Either to Shine a light or to draw the darkness in. Raven can do both. With that the earth is saved.

4 Likes

Sorry @Cradle2theGabe@Detective7 convinced me.

6 Likes

Let’s go! Thank you very much @Jurisdiction.

5 Likes

Totally fair, my team didn’t work particularly well together but it felt like a good characterization of what my members would do. Can’t win em all!

5 Likes

I’m liking the new pfp @FelixLeiter!

5 Likes

I’m reading Generation Lost in preparation for one of the upcoming consolation rounds. You’re pretty spot on with the Captain Atom comparison.

Also makes sense since I believe he was the original inspiration for Manhattan. A version of him anyways.

4 Likes

Yep! From what I’ve seen it says that Dr. Manhattan is based off of Captain Atom. He’s just a little more powerful than the Captain.

5 Likes

Congrats @Detective7 and @FelixLeiter for making it into the finals! As we’re going to first run through the entire Consolation Bracket we probably have 1-2 weeks before Finals. We’re still keeping it a mystery for now, but Juri and I are going to have the winner pick the next draft “theme” e.g. Suicide Squad, Titans, etc. We’ll give you a few options to choose from.

Good game Detective7. You definitely have one of the best teams in the draft!

For @Analyst9998 and I that’s the end for our teams but we can hold our heads high for making it into the final 4! We will likely start Consolation West tomorrow followed by East the next day. I’m very much looking forward to appearances from your leagues again!

7 Likes

Good game @Cradle2theGabe!

4 Likes

Congrats!!

5 Likes

Congrats @Detective7 and @FelixLeiter

5 Likes

Go JL East!

4 Likes

West 4 life!

4 Likes