Justice League Draft 2023

Go East!

5 Likes

giphy

6 Likes

Excited to be in the Final and to see what y’all have in store for us! The Heroines of Justice are ready for anything!

8 Likes

CONSOLATION WEST: THE NEW FRONTIER

World War II is over, and the world has entered the Atomic Age. McCarthyism and anti-Communist attitudes has led to vigilantism becoming outlawed; the Justice Society of America disband, and various superheroes are either retired, arrested or killed. The Age of the Superhero is in decline. But where are the heroes of tomorrow? The New Frontier recounts the dawning of the DCU’s Silver Age from the perspective of those brave individuals who made it happen. Composed of Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman, who survived the anti-hero sentiment of the Cold War, as well as newcomers like test pilot Hal Jordan, Black Canary, and scientist Barry Allen, who are poised to become the next generation of crimefighters.

Operating in human disguise as GCPD Detective John Jones, Martian Manhunter discovers to his horror the presence of a prehistoric entity known as “The Centre”, born in the primordial core of the Earth. It had been observing the activity of the surface for millions of years via telepathy. Upon viewing the growth of humanity and their potential to replicate the destructive force that killed all the dinosaurs, the Centre decides to wipe them out.

As this unstoppable force lands on America’s doorstep, ravaging everything in its path, the DC Universe’s greatest heroes are called into action—but even their combined efforts may be no match for this deadly new foe. Will this challenge bring America and its heroes back together or tear them apart?

Highlights:

• Superhero teams are non-existent in this era, your leagues must find or rediscover each other if they are to work together to defeat The Centre
  • The Centre is a giant, flying, immortal (but not invincible) sentient island which is home to dinosaurs and other reptilian creatures whom are hostile to humanity. It’s psychic abilities are enough to overwhelm Martian Manhunter.
  • Show off your Golden and Silver age heroes!

Instructions:

• Pick the league you feel would best prevail in this scenario
  • Assume the characters in the synopsis are replaced with the leagues in the poll
  • Even if you know the story, the plot could play out completely different with this unique group of league members
  • Add your perspective in the comments! Use your best judgment with spoilers
  • Team captains: Feel free to add some convincing but brief comments on why your team is the superior choice!
  • Winning team: when the poll is over feel free to share your perspective on “how it all went down” in as extended a manner as you wish.

idle453.87595 (Justice League Eclectica)

Battlecry: “We’re coming for you Cheeks!”

• Oliver Queen (Green Arrow)
  • Mitchell Shelley (Resurrection Man)
  • Ambush Bug
  • Mon-El (Valor)
  • Jennifer-Lynn Hayden (Jade)
  • Damian Wayne (Robin)

VS.

brvciewayne (The Survival Squad!)

Battlecry: “Challenge Accepted!”

• Zatanna
  • Ryan Choi (The Atom)
  • Jason Blood (Etrigan)
  • Yamashiro (Katana)
  • Jefferson Peirce (Black Lighting)
  • Selina Kyle (Catwoman)
  • Justice League Eclectica
  • The Survival Squad!

0 voters

RexRebel (The Justice League Society)

Battlecry: “Skittles! Find the Rainbow.”

• Rick Starr (Space Ranger)
  • Michael Holt (Mr Terrific)
  • Jason Rusch/Martin Stein (Firestorm)
  • Linda Strauss (Doctor Fate)
  • Faith
  • Zauriel

VS.

cindrshot3549 (Cindershot’s League Of Angels)

• Wally West (The Flash)
  • Jay Garrick (The Flash)
  • John Stewart (Green Lantern)
  • Ronnie Raymond/Martin Stein (Firestorm)
  • Cisco Ramon (Vibe)
  • Jesse Chambers (Jesse Quick)
  • Cindershot’s League Of Angels
  • The Justice League Society

0 voters

4 Likes

I will admit, I haven’t reread the New Frontier in a while.

I will say that Ollie is the kind of hero that works very well in the golden/silver age overlap. He was from the golden age and remained unchanged in the beginning of the silver. Although he obviously would be just starting out in this event, he does have all the island experience to draw upon

Ambush Bug would be able to remember this is a comic and gather the team without much difficulty.

Damien will be able to figure a way to defeat the Centre with whatever comes to hand. (and whoever)

Lar and Jade are competent heroes who will work well regardless of era or situation. And Mitch is my weak link, but if the Centre kills him, he could very well come back with a power to counteract it.

6 Likes

I’m interested to see how @brvciewayne interprets it, but I like Etrigan in this. Other than being as old as time or however old he is, I think he’d quite literally fight like hell to keep humanity going just so the sinners can continue to fill Hell’s ranks.

4 Likes

Oh for sure, and he’d enjoy it. I’m crafting my proposal so we’ll see…or will we?

5 Likes

:sparkles:ta da :sparkles:

[Zatanna has set up a psychic mind link to communicate with The CENTRE.]

CENTRE, THIS IS RICK FLAGG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. WE HAVE THE SURVIVAL SQUAD LOCKED AND LOADED. LEAVE EARTH OR FACE THE CONSEQUENCES.

the CENTRE lives on. the CENTRE will not surrender. all will fall to the CENTRE.

CATWOMAN: “So, it didn’t surrender. I wouldn’t either if I was a floating sentient island.”

THE ATOM: “Nope. Is that too hard universe? Huh? A reasonable bad guy?”

ZATANNA: “It’s never that easy. They always take the hard way.”

ETRIGAN: “Hooray, I prefer the hard way. Harder is painful, and for that I am grateful. Pain can only lead to good things, I cannot wait to see what this fight brings.”

CATWOMAN: “Is the rhyming another power or straight-off-the-top-of-your-horns type of thing?”

BLACK LIGHTNING: “Man, you are all kinds of freaky you know that? But we can use that. We’re going to have to fight? Are we ready for that?”

KATANA: “Always.”

CENTRE, THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING.

the CENTRE will have earth. the CENTRE challenges this survival squad to fight for their pathetic lives.

RICK FLAGG: “Ya’ll ready? What should I say?”

SURVIVAL SQUAD: “CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.”

Catwoman and Atom would initially detect and figure out the cults. Zatanna and Jason Blood would detect the psychic influence, and Zatanna would cast various protection spells on her teammates to keep them safe and superpowered-boosted.

BL would negotiate with any “sceptics” in the US government, winning them over with his natural charisma and a strong sense of leadership. Plus CW’s charms never fail.

CW, BL, and Katanta would stay on the ground, fighting the dinos and other lizard things. All are formidable fighters that will easily take down anything that comes their way.

Z would transport Etrigan and Atom to the Centre where they would absolutely trash it. Zatanna could use a multitude of reality-shattering spells to injure or kill it, but could also work to psychically defeat it as well. Etrigan would wreck it physically at first, moving around blasting fire, cutting off those squiggly tentacle things and just having the time of his life and rhyming like nobody’s business. Atom would shrink down to the “center” and work on messing with the molecules to start an imbalance. In the end Zatanna would use some kind of dispersion or multiplier spell to spread Choi’s shrinking powers all over the island, killing it just like Palmer and Flash did originally.

This is just besides sending it to the phantom zone or literal hell where it wouldn’t stand a chance.

SURVIVAL SQUAD HATH SPOKEN.

THE END.

6 Likes

7 Likes

As players are eliminated, we’ll hang your jersey in the Hall of Fame! (see top post)

If you want to give me 3 colors to use for [main color, stripe 1, stripe 2] I’ll color it that way. Otherwise I’ll use the prominent colors from your team portrait. I’ll use whatever color is most legible for the number and team name.

Free to give me a some “color swatches” or RGB values

7 Likes

Could I have a deep blue, neon green, and deep red

3 Likes

Of course!

Noted. Yeah I’ll take them now or whenever you get eliminated.

@Analyst9998, let me know if you want yours updated.

6 Likes

Red, Black, and White

3 Likes

Awesome! Also feel free to give me a some “color swatches” or RGB values.

4 Likes

Also Juri, don’t think we’re not going to test your team for performance enhancing drugs. I’m looking at you Hourman.

4 Likes

Since I’m pretty sure I’m gone when this poll ends, I would like Green for the main color and red and blue for the stripes. Thanks

5 Likes

Matthew Tyler isn’t powered by drugs

4 Likes

Lol I know, I just wanted to make that joke.

3 Likes

That’s what all the Tyler’s say till its too late.

4 Likes

tenor

5 Likes