Introducing: The DC Community Member of the Month!

@Jitsu when will it be up?

16 Likes

Razzz’s picks should be up this week!

17 Likes

The new site is already live, but Razzz’s picks should be up sometime this week!

17 Likes

HAPPY DCUNIVERSARRY @Jitsu!!! I can’t believe it’s already been a year! I’m so glad you decided to come to this community and help to shape it into the amazing site it is today!

15 Likes

@Razzzcat :hugs:

17 Likes

Happy DCUIAnniversary @Jitsu

14 Likes

Happy DCUI anniversary @Jitsu! :tada: :tada: :tada:

14 Likes

Happy anniversary, @Jitsu!

12 Likes

Congrats @Razzzcat!!! :partying_face:

18 Likes

So, when is @DC89 gonna get the honor?

15 Likes

Congratulations! @Razzzcat :dc: :tada: :partying_face:

17 Likes

This is really exciting, and definitely well deserved! Congratulations, @Razzzcat! :tada: :00_wonder_woman_stars: :poison_eyebrowhqtas: :harley_delicioushqtas: :catwoman_hv_5: :tada:

17 Likes

Thank you!!

11 Likes

Thanks, Rex!

11 Likes

Aww- thx for this @patterson65.37405. Very kind!

17 Likes

(I’m officially back :eyes:) Thanks again, everybody! :hugs: You are all superheroes, and without you I wouldn’t be here. So…:clinking_glasses: to YOU, and to 4 more years of #Cahootery. :purple_heart:

Ps. @FelixLeiter You’ll be happy with one of my picks, for sure! Real talk: About 1000 things popped into my head, and I :face_with_spiral_eyes: overloaded for a few minutes :laughing: so I kept it short and diverse (very me thing to do). Honestly, I can’t wait until you get the chance! I feel this way about a lot of members, but you always have such great books or info to share.

31 Likes

Hey there @Reforged! :wave: I definitely get what you’re saying. Although (speaking only for myself), I’m fairly quiet compared to others and tend to do my own thing- cataloging, reading, making emojis and playlists, and hosting/coordinating events, so I don’t believe this is designed to make people just take up space or assimilate. I wouldn’t like that either. It’s not unlike the old Community Hero program, and I think this too will take the time to celebrate all kinds of members and fans. :purple_heart: I would love nothing more, because everyone here deserves introductions and to be appreciated—fact. :balance_scale: So don’t be shy.

[edit] This is for @iJest - the one that started this ride, lol. :snake: :wondersquadron1:

28 Likes

Well now I really can’t wait to see your curated list!

11 Likes

:laughing: Sneks are notorious for loving hugs :snake:

10 Likes

It is, you can think of this as Community Heroes 2.0. Living in a pandemic still creates some legal and logistical challenges in terms of sending out gifts to users within the community, so we tried something a little different.

I don’t believe that there’s a way that we could ever make this an objective process outside of boiling this down to raw data such as likes received and comments posted. This program is designed to recognize the members of the community that go above and beyond to improve the community, include others and generally represent all the best parts of it. It’s not easy to do that in a way that is objective as what you think improves the community is not necessarily the same as what I think. However, as the community managers for this specific community, I think we have a pretty good handle on these values.

This is something we considered and if it does become a problem, it’s something that can easily be rectified by either myself, Jitsu or any member of our moderation team in a matter of moments. This is designed to promote something that’s positive, so if the receipt of it causes someone to become negative then we will take care of that.

This program took a fairly small amount of our resources to put together and the rest of our efforts are always focused on improving engagement and finding new ways to allow members of the community to interact with us and with each other. I don’t foresee that this program will cause any issues with general interaction within the community and, so far, we haven’t seen any negative trends in our regularly populated threads.

It’s not a bad point to make though and we are keeping an eye on various aspects of this in case the program requires some tweaking in the future.

Speaking of…

There’s a chance that this is going to be influenced by community nominations in future months. This works in a variety of ways, but most importantly negates the feeling that this is just a way for us to pick our ‘favorites’ over anyone else. No one really knows the community better than those inside it, so this is something that makes sense to us.

I appreciate your thoughts on this, thank you for sharing the feedback.

19 Likes