Introducing: The DC Community Member of the Month!

Happy Friday, DC Fam!

To close out what has been an awesome week, we’re introducing a piece of new monthly programming to the DC Community site: The Community Member of the Month!

Here’s the deal:

This community is what makes DC Comics as incredible as it is. To celebrate this, every month, someone new will be highlighted as the Community Member of the Month. The Community Member of the Month will have the opportunity to share a little bit about why they love DC Comics, what shows or movies they’re enjoying, and they even get to curate a list of their favorite comics to go on the recently unveiled new home of DC Comics: dc.com!

How do YOU become the Community Member of the Month? Easy! Just keep doing what you’re doing…being respectful, engaging in conversations or events, and just generally making this community the wonderful home for DC fans that it is. Let’s celebrate each other, shall we?

To kick things off, our very first Community Member of the Month is…@Razzzcat! Having been a community member since 2018, Razzzcat is one of our most active users, and is always down for some DC Community hype! Here’s a bit more about Razzzcat and how they celebrate DC:

What originally got you into DC Comics?

When I was learning to read, I was handed a small stack of Wonder Woman comics and my little eyes went directly to George Perez (WW #5, specifically). Diana was it for a while until I met three ladies who I adored immediately. You may have heard of them: Catwoman, Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy. When I got a little older, I made friends with an extraordinarily generous lady who owned a comic shop. She put more of those 4 characters in my hands, but also knew that I enjoyed indie comics, pulp, and horror by then, and introduced me to Vertigo and some other characters who sealed the deal, Constantine, Swamp Thing, Huntress—basically everyone in JLD and Birds of Prey.

Who is your favorite DC character, and why?

The above is my shortlist, but Wonder Woman and I go so far back that she’s practically like another sibling. I will never not love that she wields truth as a weapon, and appeals to our better nature in order to solve conflict and achieve equality. She’s intelligent and confident, and she’s not afraid of competition, so she’ll lay down the law if she must, but she wants people to rise to the occasion, because then there’s nothing that can’t be achieved honorably. Plus, I’m a sucker for Greek, Roman (or Egyptian) mythology. And ice cream. And animals. And swords. And that her hair is always on point.

What books are you currently reading?

This week: Poison Ivy (2022), 8 Billion Genies, Dark Knights of Steel, Ambush Bug: Year None, Hillhouse: Sea Dogs, Aquaman: Andromeda, Impact Winter.

Are you watching any DC movies or shows?

Harley Quinn Animated Series, and starting this week, The Sandman.

What are you most looking forward to within the DC universe?

Lots of things, but more immediately, Black Adam, Multiverses, GCPD: The Blue Wall, and :crossed_fingers: hopefully another season of HQAS.

Join us in congratulating @Razzzcat for being our first DC Community Member of the Month!

75 Likes

Congrats to the one and only @Razzzcat!!! :hugs: :purple_heart:

36 Likes

Awesome idea, Congratulation @Razzzcat, you really deserve it. :smiley:

23 Likes

Congratulations Razz! Perfect choice for the 1st ever Community Member of the Month! :heart: :green_heart:

25 Likes

Congratulations @Razzzcat !! You deserve it!!

InexperiencedWhisperedDavidstiger-max-1mb

ElementaryLargeJuliabutterfly-max-1mb

24 Likes

Congrats, Razzz! :grin: :tada:

28 Likes

Yay @Razzzcat! I cant think of a better person to get the first title!

22 Likes

Congratulations, @Razzzcat! You really deserve this!

22 Likes

This is a:00_wonder_woman_gold:esome™:+1:.
Congrats @Razzzcat :tada: on being the first. Very well deserved.

22 Likes

:tada: congratulations, @Razzzcat! :tada: I didn’t get a vote, but if i did i’d have voted for you!

fusion

23 Likes

Thanks, everybody! Especially for being a part of my time here, and making it special—every single one of you, past present and future. :hugs::purple_heart:

:dc: :dancer:t2: 1-woman parade, right here. :laughing:

41 Likes

:hugs:

21 Likes

I like that @Razzzcat is in cahoots with us.

19 Likes

giphy

Congrats @Razzzcat
:hugs::sunglasses::star_struck::+1::clap::clap:

20 Likes

Nice going, @Razzzcat!

19 Likes

yaass

Nice! @Razzzcat is a model inmate user, and friend :100:

24 Likes

Congratulations to you @Razzzcat! You are such an integral part of this community and honestly you keep people engaged and feeling part of the community. Very happy that you were selected for this. You deserve it!

21 Likes

Congratulations! :tada: :tada: :tada:

20 Likes

Congratulations @Razzzcat , a well deserved honor.

19 Likes

:partying_face: Congratulations, :fireworks: :sparkles:@Razzzcat :sparkles: :fireworks: ! :partying_face:

22 Likes