How Are You Celebrating Wonder Woman's 80th Anniversary?

The downside is he gets select TPBs but not all of them which usually means I have to travel 20 minutes to get the newest ones, like that Black Canary book that came out today.

4 Likes

Well, Amazon gets all of the latest TPBs, (and at a discount) so you can avoid that 20 minute side trip in the future, y’know. :wink:

4 Likes

Just checked Amazon and there isn’t a discount on the Black Canary book. That is probably for the better as I use my tip money for comics.

4 Likes

There isn’t? Damn you, Bezos! Then again, Amazon discounts most new trades, so this one can slide, Jeff.

Tip money is fun money, therefore comic money. You are wise to spend tip scratch on comics.

4 Likes

Bezosbub doesn’t need even more of my money. I am more than happy to support small businesses, especially if they are comic shops. That is actually the reason I have a physical copy of Sensational Wonder Woman, even if I bought and read the digital copies on Comixology.

4 Likes

I’m absolutely happy to support good comic stores.

I bet Bezos enjoys a good comic. He might like to flip through a WW book.

4 Likes

Amazon also delivers about 80 percent of TPBs I’ve ordered from them damaged, to the point that I refuse to buy TPB through them anymore. I’m not saving anything if I have to invest the time and gas to drop returns off at the UPS store. I’d rather pay more for a company that’s going to pack my book with care.

3 Likes

For you HeroClix fans…

There are subsequent videos detailing the booster packs. Just click around the WizKids Games channel and you’ll find 'em. :00_wonder_woman_stars:

3 Likes

I read a bit of Wonder Woman Earth one vol 3, earlier today. did not realize it was her 80th. I just realized WW is the youngest of the trinity. I would love it if they changed wonder woman to being the youngest of the trinity in the comics too instead of being the eldest. Injustice for me Ruined Diana as the first Wonder Woman. I like the idea that her mother was the first Wonder Woman. which in a way Endless winter has established. I like that the Hyppolita is taking the mantle for now.

5 Likes

Ditto. She’s been involved with the League before, but it’s neat to see her back on the team in current continuity.

3 Likes

Well ive already read every Wonder Woman comic from the golden age to the modern day from its brightest to its darkest. But I will probably make a point to read Joye Hummels run on Wonder Woman again.

Im really looking forward to ‘Nubia and the Amazons’
And will probably sit back and enjoy some of my favorite Wonder Woman tales such as Renae De Liz’s Legend of Wonder Woman and Kurt Busieks Wonder Woman mini series.

6 Likes

I will watch Wonder Woman which is definitely a top 20 CBM for myself and read Wonder Woman: Spirit of Truth.

3 Likes

Definitely gonna get the 80th Anniversary 100 page super spectacular! Can’t wait to find out what the covers look like so I can pick one!

3 Likes

You can pick one, but you could also buy them all, as Diana would certainly appreciate it (to say nothing of DC themselves). :wink:

Seriously though, I’m game for any cover that would be by Jim Lee. Sure, he did the cover for her 80th anniversary collection, but what’s one more WW-based gig?

SN: I would love to see Jim Lee do an arc of Wonder Woman. He’s already done Batman and Superman’s solo books, so now we just need him to get a gig on Wonder Woman to finish his trilogy of solo Trinity tales.

3 Likes

Well, my budget sadly doesn’t stretch to all 10 variants at 10 bucks a pop. That’s 100 dollars! If I like the content enough, though, I might pick up the Deluxe hardcover that usually includes all of the variants! I did that for Action and Detective 1000, though I didn’t for Wonder Woman 750 because I sadly was very disappointed with almost all of the stories. (I bought the George Perez cover for that one, and don’t regret it, but I wouldn’t buy a second copy)

3 Likes

I’m in the same boat. That’s why I usually go with a Jim Lee cover, then check out the other covers on Google or eBay until the eventual Deluxe Edition hits.

Speaking of anniversary books in a deluxe form, has the Green Lantern 80th one-shot from last year been released that way? AFAIK, it hasn’t yet had a deluxe release of it’s own or been released as part of a GL-based collection.

3 Likes

No, sadly, doesn’t look like GL 80th has gotten the Deluxe :(. Neither has Robin 80th, which is my personal favorite (I bought both covers featuring Steph, for obvious reasons :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

noodles about the interwebz

It looks like the Batman-related 80th books from last year (the Robin, Catwoman and Joker one-shots) are available in the Batman: 80 Years of the Bat Family trade, which also features the new story from the Detective Comics 80th Anniversary 100-Page Giant and 'Tec #1000.

I would’ve thought the GL book would be sandwiched into one of the volumes of The Green Lantern: Season Two, but that doesn’t look to be the case ATM.

3 Likes

yeah, I leafed through that in the store, but it didn’t have the variants. :frowning:

Let’s hope that WW 80th is popular enough to get a Deluxe, and good enough to justify me buying it!

3 Likes

As Gandhi said on MTV’s Clone High: “Say whaaaat?” :shock_ga:

I can see retailer variants not being included, but by Haly’s Circus, why would DC not include the decade specific variants? That’s not cool.

3 Likes