How Are You Celebrating Wonder Woman's 80th Anniversary?

I think they drink Ovaltine, right @Razzzcat?

Chocolate milk is an adult beverage.

6 Likes

:thinking: wonders what ancient Amazonian Ovaltine tastes like. Also, chocolate milk is deliciousā€”agree!

Came to drop this off too :00_wonder_woman_gold:

8 Likes

A great two part story for Diana, Nubia parties okay but tries to fit a bit too much in

6 Likes

I bet Amazonian Ovaltine would be absolutely delicious. Do you have some? Iā€™ve a Wonder Woman tumbler if you do.

4 Likes

Ooh, I know how Iā€™ll celebrate! Iā€™m gonna by the Blu-Ray when it releases and watch that!

6 Likes

Wonder Woman on HBO Max.

And waiting for Wonder Woman 1984 to come back to HBO Max ā€“ 'cause I donā€™t buy nothing no more, I just stream. (Ha!)

And Zack Snyderā€™s Justice League on HBO Max.

And I of course fondly remember as a kid when Wonder Woman was on ABC back in the 70s. That was like the greatest thing ever.

When it was set during World War II, at least. When they brought it to the current timeā€¦ not as good. (Ha!)

Comicsā€¦

SENSATIONAL WONDER WOMAN.

Digital-first and streamingā€¦ Iā€™m about that George Jetson life, yo. Anyway.

WONDER GIRL.

Joƫlle Jones is so good it makes my teeth hurt.

From INFINITE FRONTIER #0.

Unless they announce something new with the June solicitations, this is looking like the only ā€œInfinite Frontierā€ title that Iā€™ll be getting.

And Wonder Woman-adjacentā€¦ NUBIA: REAL ONE.

That breakdown articleā€¦

I was interested in it but I was hesitant to pull the trigger. And Iā€™m not the target audience but it intrigued me. The breakdown sold me.

Coupled with the CBR piece.

Kudos, DC Comics.

EDIT: Oh, and Iā€™d be remissā€¦

I donā€™t have any Funko anything, but me likesā€¦

From WONDER WOMAN #178 and the ā€œMod Era.ā€

I remember reading about that years ago and it was just so wild to me. So kitschy cool.

7 Likes

I should dig up my grandmaā€™s WW fan club badge from my storage for show and tell.

But I probably wonā€™t.

6 Likes

Yes, yes, YES times infinity and beyond for Yara Florā€™s upcoming ongoing! Itā€™s easily one of my top five most anticipated IF titles.

The George Jetson life is nice. Except for Mr. Spacely, but you can just tune him out. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

To quote Evil Ash from Army of Darkness: ā€œDig, damn you! DIG!ā€ :grin:

If youā€™re able/want to, feel free to show that badge off here. Thatā€™s neat that your grandma was a WW fan.

5 Likes

Iā€™d love to dig it up but I donā€™t remember exactly where it is and I donā€™t particularly want to spend my day off in my garage right now. Someday Iā€™ll find it again. Too lazy/tired to right now though.

4 Likes

No worries. A day off in the garage can be rewarding, but also highly tiring and not in a good way, depending on what one is doing in said garage.

Have a good day off. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

:pleading_face: :cry:

Copy that @TurokSonOfStone1950. Will be sure to in the upcoming weeks.

7 Likes

October 21st (the anniversary of her first appearance in All Star Comics #8) is gonna be lit!

4 Likes

7 Likes

I am trying to talk a friend into doing the Wonder Woman run, more as a motivation for myself to start getting back into shape.

I bought Wonder Woman: The War Years a while back and that needs to be read but there are soooo many other books on that pile, including WW by Rucka vol 1, WW, and Justice League America vol 2 among others.

For those of you looking for a deep cut to watch, I suggest the old Ruby-Spears Superman episode Superman and Wonder Woman vs. the Sorceress of Time and is available for free streaming via Tubi TV!
You can read more about this episode here!

7 Likes

Thatā€™s absolutely my favorite episode of Ruby Spears Superman! A solid episode of a solid, sorely underrated series.

WW-wise, has anyone read this weekā€™s Wonder Woman #770? I enjoyed it and think Becky Cloonan will tell a tale worthy of Dianaā€™s 80th.

4 Likes

I bought it while I was at work, a huge upside of working next to my LCS. I got home and was pretty exhausted after a 10 hour day. It is near the top of my stack to read tomorrow, my day off!

4 Likes

That reminds me of when I got a job next to my then-comic shop years agoā€¦and on the day said store unexpectedly closed. :frowning:

Did you nab the wraparound variant for WW #770? I snagged it and the wraparound variant for Superman #29. Theyā€™re badass, and Iā€™m looking forward to the similar variant for this monthā€™s issue of Justice League.

5 Likes

Oh no!!! I will say it is nice to pop in there on a Tuesday night before he closes and get all of my books. Really, this is the only real perk of my job.

4 Likes

You have to admit that the convenience of getting paid and then taking money from one building and putting it into the one right next door is a pretty neat perk. :slight_smile:

4 Likes