How Are You Celebrating Wonder Woman's 80th Anniversary?

Well, it was already 400 pages. I guess another 40 pages for the decade variants wasn’t cost effective? I’m pretty annoyed, though.

3 Likes

Shades of the early days of trades when covers were sometimes left out for cost-cutting purposes.

Ah well. I would hope a Deluxe Edition of a WW 80th book would “catch 'em all!”. It’s just gotta!

3 Likes

I have some of those trades. Or when they jam all of the covers on one page. Such sadness. :frowning:

Let us hope indeed for a Deluxe Wondy 80th!

3 Likes

I didn’t mind the lack of covers in some trades, as it made me go and get the singles for them, but I’m always for their inclusion.

In the modern era, I think covers are a must for trades, especially since some people only read comics that way, and nobody in this day and age should go without rad covers in their reading experience.

3 Likes

I guess I’ve been celebrating the 80th Anniversary by signing up for DC Universe Infinite here recently and reading a lot of issues I previously missed. I didn’t realize it was her 80th year celebration, but I’m happy to come along and join in the fun.

I came here about to write about how I’m thankful for those who put together the 80th celebration list of comics that shows up on the homepage. I’ve made sure to save that to my collection to read. Also, @Vroom thanks for your recently helpful first post on all the content to look at. I appreciate your attention to detail getting this thing started.

In addition to my comics I’ve also gotten more practice playing Wonder Woman in Injustice 2. Last night I fought Cheetah and won a match to get Epic gear even though I was level 17-18 and she was 30. Took me about 4-5 tries but it felt good getting that victory.

I rewatched Justice League (the 2 hour version), Batman vs. Superman, and I’ll probably rewatch Wonder Woman (2017) here soon. The Batman vs. Superman was the Ultimate edition copy, adding in the extra 30 minutes. I had a lot of fun seeing all these films again and getting back into the stories.

So that’s how I’m celebrating Wonder Woman’s 80th Anniversary so far.

Cheers.

6 Likes

I completely forgot about the DCUI voucher for $25 off at the DC Shop and what’s more my Gmail app apparently decided to put all emails from DCUI into a promotional folder that I never knew about or checked! Thankfully I did and just redeemed the coupon, getting the WW Believe in Wonder tee, for free (plus shipping :woman_shrugging:)

:raised_hands:

4 Likes

Rad! I hope you enjoy your free tee while drinking tea, ho, ho, hee, hee! :grin:

I still have my voucher, but have yet to use it (nothing of interest in the store yet). How long does the voucher last?

4 Likes

Folks, if you haven’t already, check out the Wonder Woman 80th Anniversary collection that can be found on the homepage.

It’s…wonderful! :0_wonder_woman: :00_wonder_woman_stars:

3 Likes

You got it, and thank you for checking out the thread. :slight_smile:

Your mentions of on-screen WW-starring/co-starring content has me wondering if you’re planning on seeing Justice Society: World War II. WW is a definite ass-kicker in it, so I highly recommend the movie, if you’re interested.

4 Likes

Awesome! Make sure you post a picture on the community once you receive it, the Wonder Woman t-shirts are amazing. :wonderwoman:

3 Likes

Yo, @Vroom , I’m so glad you brought this to my attention today. I have not been keeping up with the latest animation releases, as I’m a bit behind in the times. While I did see Bloodlines, I didn’t know they had a new release.

That said, Yes, now I’m planning on seeing it at some point soon, as you probably thought I would. :star_struck:

4 Likes

Cool beans! While not a WW-centric movie, she’s a starring badass in it, so be sure to drop in when you have seen it and share your thoughts. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And now im watching commercials for fun Wonder Woman comics

Legend of Wonder Woman

Diana Princess of the Amazons

3 Likes

For sure, @Vroom . I think I’ll need to wait for a little while, but not too long. Then hopefully I can add to the discussion of it.

I saw also this Wonder Woman: Commemorative Edition title, and I’m like, “How did I miss that?”

3 Likes

I still have mine :grimacing:

3 Likes

It actually lasts a full year! I’m still holding onto mine also, and it’s nice to know that we’re not even halfway through the period where it can be used

3 Likes

So, I dropped Wonder Woman from my Infinite Frontier reading list, but…it’s been replaced by Wonder Girl to carry on my fix of monthly Wonder Woman-related goodness.

Also, I’m digging Sensational Wonder Woman. Anyone else reading that one?

3 Likes

Im enjoying olde school Wonder Woman goodness

2 Likes

Wonder Tot is the best!

I especially like how Hippolyta calls her daughter “Wonder Tot” instead of her actual name.

2 Likes

With Kanigher establishing Wonder Tot (and Wonder Girl) were seperate characters and not Diana, for all we know that could be her name!

2 Likes