Have We Met?

1 Like

Ooookay!

1 Like

Madame Mantis is an entirely original character from LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League: Gotham City Breakout, and has yet to appear in any other form of DC media. So if she didn’t meet a character in that film, she hasn’t met them at all!

3 Likes

Batman and this incarnation of Fate’s first meeting occurs off-panel, as when the gestalt Eric/Linda Doctor Fate appears to confront Darkseid in Cosmic Odyssey #4, it is on Batman’s orders. However, due to Eric being the one in control, and the mantle passing being a relatively recent occurrence, it’s possible that Batman may have believed him to be Kent Nelson at the time. Batman and the Strauss Fate are both present for the event’s conclusion, but exchange no words.

By the next (and last) team-up between Linda and Batman, the Justice League America/Justice League Europe 4-part crossover “The Teasdale Imperative” (JLA #31, JLE #7, JLA #32, JLE #8), Linda alone controls the Helm of Fate. While getting accustomed to her new abilities, Linda offers to tag along with the Justice League America.

Batman isn’t a fan.

The final time we see Linda as Fate with Batman is at Mister Miracle’s funeral in Justice League America #40 – although it turned out to actually have been a robot duplicate of Mister Miracle, with the real Scott Free having been imprisoned by the alien despot Manga Khan. (He then escaped, naturally.)

5 Likes

Hello @HubCityQuestion,
Has Shade ever met Slade? Today I notice that their names almost rhyme the same way, so I was wondering if they ever met? Thankyou.:grinning:

4 Likes

Both Starmen were involved in the battle against the Anti-Monitor in Crisis on Infinite Earths, but never occupied the same time and place. Both are also involved in the DC/WildStorm “DreamWar” crossover, but do not encounter each other.

In 2019’s Justice League #34, Ted Knight rallies all Starmen across time and space, Thom Kallor included, to lend him their power to restore The Totality, in a bid to defeat the creation goddess Perpetua. It wasn’t a close contact, or a very lengthy one, but it’s the best they’ve got so far.

4 Likes

First: I must report that Millennium has never, from its original publication in 1988 until this day, ever been collected or reprinted, physically or digitally (apart from some tie-ins).

Second and third: The first such specifically mystic meeting that comes to mind is 1985’s Crisis on Infinite Earths, where a consortium of the greatest mystics in the DC Universe is formed to lend their combined power to The Spectre, for a one-on-one battle with the Anti-Monitor. Those present include Zatara, Zatanna, Doctor Fate, Phantom Stranger, Thunderbolt, Sargon the Sorcerer, Madame Xanadu, White Witch, and Jennifer Morgan, most of whom had not interacted prior to this meeting.

3 Likes

A very interesting idea, but the meeting has not occurred! I might argue that Two-Face doesn’t consider what he does “gambling,” but leaving choice up to fate. He’s not actually betting one way or the other when he flips a coin, but taking action depending on how it lands.

3 Likes

Insightful, as usual good sir. I certainly won’t take issue with your take on Two-Face. You are of course right about Crisis. I’d forgotten about that all hands on deck classic series. Enjoy your time off. And as always …

Stay safe and be well.

2 Likes

Poison touch theme

Mano and Mr. Bones

1 Like

Henery Hawk has appeared in both Superman & Bugs Bunny, and Wonder Woman/Tasmanian Devil – but, appalingly, Hawkman was absent from both.

3 Likes

3 Likes

He has! In fact, Deathstroke comes after The Shade with a contract on his head in the first issue of The New 52 Shade series.

5 Likes

Cool, Thankyou!:grinning:

2 Likes

As seen in Joker’s Last Laugh, Doctor Sivana was one of the many “Jokerfied” villains from The Slab penitentiary.

2 Likes

Nope. The Dead Boy Detectives typically stick to the Vertigo edge of the DC Universe, where Deadman don’t come a-knockin’.

5 Likes

Alas, no. Or rather, I should say, not yet. The closest they’ve come is when both are in the crowd of villains summoned by the Crime Syndicate of America in Forever Evil #1, but there is no interaction between them.

4 Likes

Well, Shiva is featured as a servant to Deathstroke’s father in the first six issues of the 2014 Deathstroke series, but regretfully that appearance doesn’t serve her much better than Knights and Dragons.

3 Likes

They haven’t met, but I wouldn’t be too surprised if Guy read his sports column.

4 Likes

Is Guy literate?

1 Like