Have We Met?

Hello again HCQ. :wave: :sunglasses:

I’m back again with another meeting inquiry. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :ask_the_question:

This time… Have Flash (Barry or Wally) and Swamp Thing met? :flash_hv_1: :st_swamp_thing:

Thank you. :clark_hv_4:

3 Likes

Yep!

3 Likes

This sparked an idea: I’d love to see a “The Brave and The Bold”-type series featuring team-ups between two characters… except the catch is that the characters would be chosen at random. It would inevitably lead to pairings that we’d otherwise never get to see, and it would be cool to see the dynamics between characters who otherwise would never associate with each other in their regular series.

6 Likes

Ah, excellent HCQ! :smiley:

Perhaps even more reading material for @Alec.Holland:thinking: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Well, till the next meeting inquiry then, thanks! :ask_the_question:

5 Likes

[DC PRIDE SPOILERS!!!]

How many of the JLQ members in DC Pride #1 had already met? This might take a while, but thanks!

3 Likes
Summary

OK, the full roster is more or less pictured here:

Going clockwise:

Steel (Natasha Irons): Natasha dated Traci 13 in Superwoman (2016).
Wink & The Aerie: Too new to have interacted with any of the others.
Ray: Briefly met Extrano (center) as a member of the Justice Foundation at the end of Justice League of America (2017).
Bunker: Member of the Teen Titans along with Crush and Aqualad (not pictured here), but at different times. Though Bunker and Crush were both in the first issue of Teen Titans Academy (2021).
Batwoman: I don’t believe she’s met anyone here before.
Crush: See Bunker.
Syl: He’s new to this issue.
Tasmanian Devil: Married to Extrano, featured in Midnighter and Apollo (2015).
Shining Knight: Hasn’t met anyone here before, but appeared to Batwoman in a vision once in a story about the Demon Knights.
Tremor: Hasn’t met anyone here before.
Midnighter & Apollo: Together, but tend to hang out with other WildStorm characters as opposed to these DC folk. Midnighter has met Extrano on multiple occasions, as alluded to in this issue, and in Midnighter and Apollo itself.
Traci 13: See Steel (Natasha Irons).

4 Likes

Plastic Man and Condiment King.

2 Likes

Never happened.

2 Likes

Bird theme

Hawkman and Harvey Birdman.

3 Likes

Nope. He’s met Black Vulcan, and Apache Chief, but none of the core Super Friends.

3 Likes

Amos Fortune and Harvey (Two-Face) Dent? This pair came to me after watching an old Twilight Zone about catching the gambling bug!

5 Likes

In looking at some of these Have We Met queries, my eye is drawn to the fascinating cover from the Spectre #11 (vol. 2). It was one of DC’s early multi-title crossover stories (if memory serves), wasn’t it? Three questions for you sir. Has that many chaptered Millennium story ever been reprinted? Second, was that the first time such an assemblage of mystics had ever been called together in the DCU? And did it create any first time meetings for some characters? My memory really fails me here. Thanks!

4 Likes

Aggressive, hot tempered, heroic, and hilarious red heads theme-

Guy Gardner and Steve Lombard

5 Likes

Time to work my way into the industry.

3 Likes

(Off-topic)
The one about “the Fever”? Good times! I was shocked by how right the slot machine’s voice was. That’s exactly how a slot machine sounds!

3 Likes

Give me a few weeks and I’ll think of how this is relevant to DC!!

2 Likes

Has Martian Manhunter and/or Miss Martian ever met Ares and/or Mars?

3 Likes

If not, they totally should!

3 Likes

Ultra-Humanite and Gorilla Grodd.

2 Likes

Have Superman and Captain Marvel Jr met?

2 Likes