Harley’s Crew | Book Club 42: The Suicide Squad

Hey there, everybody, it’s time for another black-ops mission (or two or three) w/ Task Force X! :boom:

:00_suicide_squad: Before the Squad sets their sights on the corrupted Justice League (in Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League), Amanda Waller has taken control of the recently rebuilt Arkham, and her brutal tactics and merciless methods have led to the most secure asylum Gotham has ever known. But when the cell doors open, and the inmates are left in a free-for-all death match, Waller’s true intentions reveal themselves: identify the strongest, smartest, and most brutal to serve her on Task Force X!

:open_book: This activity will be running ALL month long (or as long as you need)! Read one, read them all—the choice is yours!

:boom: Reading begins: Right now!

:boom: Discussion begins: As soon as you‘re ready! Have you read it before? Did you enjoy it? What did you think of the dialogue, plot or artwork? Who was your favorite character? Anything at all about the reading you’d like to discuss—drop your thoughts below when you’re ready. :black_heart::diamonds:See ya soon!

:harleys_crew: You can join or learn more about Harley’s Crew HERE.

13 Likes

:dc_history_club: If you’re looking for more Suicide Squad/Suicide Squad Comics History: The #dc-history-club took a :point_right: deep dive on the 1980s Ostrander Suicide Squad. Come check it out!

Also, Kill the Justice League has finally arrived! :video_game:

IMG_0123

We have a discussion thread for it :point_down: here.

:boom: And here’s the prequel comic coming soon!

10 Likes

Brought some mood music :notes:

9 Likes

Hopes The Dream Team will stop by.

7 Likes

Upon Hubby89’s recommendation I think this should be Task Force X’s official anthem:

:smiley: :+1:

8 Likes

Hi Razz! :grinning: I have, I did and I’d highly recommend it. This run of Suicide Squad seemed like it was over too quickly, but it was a great read. It’s got action and a good story, but the character moments that have been missing in more recent runs were well done, particularly in the last issue. I’d say this is probably my favorite Suicide Squad, with Ostrander. Hope others enjoy it. I haven’t read Peacemaker yet. I’ll come back.

7 Likes

Hey there! :smile: I did like this run a lot, too. I read it back when it was originally being published and had read some TSKX before (hadn’t read Ostrander yet). But this is the run that turned me into a fan (and is why I wouldn’t mind one bit if my lil peanut​:diamonds:Harley, joined the Justice League). :woman_judge:t2:

Anyway. Hope you enjoy Peacemaker Tries Hard! Professore @TheCosmicMoth recommended it, and it did not disappoint. Take all the time you need—threads not going anywhere. No worries.

7 Likes

Ps. Just remembered some variants. :purple_heart:

10 Likes

The SSKTJL prequel has arrived in the library. :books:

Not bad so far :green_heart:

And here’s this :gift: :video_game: #gamecodes

8 Likes

:face_in_clouds: I’ve read so little Suicide Squad. I’ll check this one out next. After I’m done with Nubia and Amazons Attack.

I enjoyed this one a lot. It was fun, surprising and the art was great, which is how I like to spend time in Gotham. Liked the therapy sessions and Man Bat the most. :00_harley_quinn: 4 out of 5.

7 Likes

Kill Arkham Asylum is good so far. Layman is developing the story in a compelling way to set it apart, which isn’t usually the case for tie-ins. 2019 Suicide Squad started strong and ended strong. That’s how the team should be written.

7 Likes

just finished the first issue in the prequel SSKTJL. I liked it.

6 Likes

The prequel is exactly the recipe for disaster I was hoping for. :00_suicide_squad2:

6 Likes

“Recipe for disaster” is exaaactly how I like my squad. :laughing: :00_suicide_squad: :purple_heart: Glad people are enjoying it so far. (Also :wave: hello @vct2041! Hope you’ve been well. Thanks for coming by)

6 Likes

I watched more of the game last night. I’m still really loving the storyline! I don’t have a cool gaming system (the ex took all her gaming systems when we broke up even though I asked nicely for the Xbox One, she never played lol ) so I probably won’t play this.

5 Likes

It’s on Steam, if you’re interested, @Chain_Twix. And I’m sure it’ll go on sale soon enough. :purple_heart: But I know games aren’t a top priority for everyone. Anyway. Here’s this:

8 Likes

that’s really cool! I would need to upgrade my desktop, it’s super basic, just mainly for work purposes.

5 Likes

5 Likes