Harley’s Crew 📺 BATMAN & ROBIN 💥 (BYOM) Watch-Along! MONDAY 4/26 @ 6PM PST/9PM EST

4 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

I’ll add some songs that are from the movie that I actually really love. For all it’s fault, the soundtrack can be pretty fire and could fit a regular Batman movie.

And what’s funny is that either another version or similar song would later be used in the first trailer for Watchmen.

5 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

So, some of you may have noticed that I’ve been remarking on Alicia Silverstone’s somewhat dubious appearance as ‘Batgirl’ in tonight’s B’Man & Robin WAL.

Now, while I don’t recognize her as the true BG (that honor will forever only belong to Barb), to his credit Batman And Robin scribe Akiva Goldsman did in fact do a bit of legwork in his reimagining of the character. Barbara Wilson is based in part on Alfred’s niece Daphne Pennyworth-

So, Silverstone’s character does carry some DCU cred and wasn’t just an out of universe amalgamation of BG with other elements as originally thought by myself and a number of other DC fans.

That still doesn’t mean I’m not gonna’ shade her tho (in good fun of course :laughing: :+1:)

7 Likes

Not sure how much I’d be into that. Like, I get that we want Harley to stand on her own, but I do feel like her origin and involvement as Joker’s “girlfriend”/henchgirl.

If they wanted to go that route, I mean, there is literally a character called “Joker’s Daughter” out there…

4 Likes

First, while I do prefer Babs as Batgirl, I do have to say that Cass and Steph are definitely worthy of the moniker.

Second, that is pretty interesting! I figured that if Goldsman was doing any comic reference I figured it was sort of Julia Pennyworth. But I honestly just figured that considering that Gordon has never really played a big role in the movies that it would make better drama if she was related to a character who was actually involved in the movies like Alfred.

5 Likes

Just about 30 to go!

4 Likes

Reason Joel Schumacher had the batears off so her hair can go everywhere or whatever. If a woman is a Superhero the last thing she need is to worry how her hair look fighting crime!:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

They’re worthy of wearing the costume, but neither could ever replace Barb. Steph even goes so far as to refer to Barbara as ‘Batgirl Prime’, a sign of respect that my gurrrl has most certainly earned in spades.

6 Likes

Since there was a vast age difference between Pat Hingle (Commissioner Gordon) and Alicia Silverstone at the time of B’Man & Robin’s release (Hingle was 77, Silverstone was just turning 21) I would’ve accepted Silverstone’s character as Gordon’s grandaughter and then they could’ve put all the BG canon in place under that narrative structure.

3 Likes

True, but the point I was making was that in terms of these movies, Gordon doesn’t really matter much, if at all, much to the series detriment. This is part of why I think the Nolan trilogy works a lot better and part of why I’m looking forward to the upcoming comics because I believe they’ve said that Gordon will play a bigger role. But, Alfred has played a bigger role and is easier to get a relative of his involved.

5 Likes