HARLEY QUINN S1, E9 Reaction Thread - šŸšØ WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD šŸšØ

While the joker movie ended with ā€œIā€™m gonna roll myself up in a big ball and dieā€, that would better fit here

1 Like

I definitely noticed! (see earlier comment below. I like or at least hope thereā€™s a story with Cheetah in Season 2.

2 Likes

Wow. Hard to say. Both got me. But if I had to choose one, it would be the second one. Jokerā€™s betrayal hurt bad, but losing her friends and crew really struck deep.

2 Likes

Honestly I loved the episode it was an episode that was i wanted til now, harley paying the consequences of falling back to joker and not listening. It seems this time she really got it, btw is anyone noticing that shark men literally makes every episode have a funny moment. Im excited to see what happens moving forward.

1 Like

It Appears that Harley Keeps fallin fr dat bulls*&% Check out my reaction! https://youtu.be/y0QCbIqoZoM

Probably Lex or Joker took it to help with there plan to hurt Harley and get Ivy.
Or it was just the luckiest/most skilled photographer ever.

2 Likes

In my opinion it was the worst episode so far, just didnā€™t make me laugh and the story was boring

The character development on this show is stupendous!

3 Likes

For a funny show, the scene where Harley is dumped out of the helicopter is one of the most genuinely sad things I have ever seen. Batman delivering that line right after made it even more impactful. Reminded me of the scene in ā€œMad Loveā€ where a tied up Batman reveals the harsh truth to counter Harleyā€™s unrealistic vision of a future with the Joker. Just great stuff (in both stories!)

1 Like

This episode felt different than the rest. There were the usual jokes, but there was an emotional weight that I enjoyed.

First off, Harley abandoning the crew and leaving them to Bane was hilariously sad. Bane is just too awesome and deserves more screen time.

Things get a bit less funny with Harley and Ivy. When she agreed to meet with her to discuss those plans, I just knew that sheā€™d stand her up.

Everything just took a nose dive with Joker. Like, Iā€™m quite sure everyone who knows about Harley and Jokerā€™s relationship understands how toxic, manipulative, and unhealthy it is. Itā€™s usually played for laughs, but this time around, it was just ā€¦ sad.

Gotta love Batman catching her. You know things are bad if the Bat feels sorry for you.

Also, I just love how they zoomed in on Ivyā€™s face when she saw that picture on the news. Anger and hurt are a bad combination. If Ivy was thinking straight, she wouldnā€™t have gone on that mission solo.

But no matter how bad I feel for Harley, she kind of needed to get knocked down a peg or two. Maybe being alone will make her realize how important her friends are.

I just hope this leads to her rescuing Ivy by getting the crew back together. They would certainly band together for that mission considering how quickly Ivy rushed to King Sharkā€™s side when he was hurt. Thatā€™ll make for a great crew bonding mission. :poisonivy_hqas: :kingshark_hqas: :psycho_hqas: :clayface_hqas: :harleyquinn_hqas:

Oh and two side notes: 1. Frank continues to amaze. 2. I could have sworn they cast Catwoman for this show. Was there any info on whether or not she was going to show up? I was just confused considering the seasonā€™s almost over.

1 Like

Second act finale. Our anti-heroine is at her lowest point.
-Given that Alan Tudykā€™s voicing the Joker, I canā€™t help but say ā€œCurse your sudden, but inevitable, betrayal!ā€ I honestly canā€™t believe that Iā€™m the first person to bring that up.
-Batmanā€™s moment of compassion for Harley was great. I like it when Batmanā€™s not written like the Punisher in a cape.
-The synopsis for episode 11 says that Harleyā€™s rescuing Ivy from Scarecrow, but Lex is probably the one who ultimately had Ivy abducted. He said he wanted her, maybe he didnā€™t mean for the LOD. Plus thereā€™s that commercial. It feels like it was designed specifically to bait Ivy. I have to wonder what his plan is.
-Thereā€™s actually a creature from Inuit mythology that changed form from orca to wolf and back. The Akhlut.
-Frank is Ivyā€™s emotional support plant. Which says a lot about Ivy. On the other hand, I liked the hat; stylish, but also carries plant seeds for her to use.

2 Likes

When they brought Dr. Psycho, King Shark etc. to the basement for their living quarters. I instantly thought of Office Space. When they kept moving the guy to smaller offices & finally to the custodial closet. It want as funny as the previous, but u need an episode here & there to kind of play the straight man in a comedy duo type deal. This episode was more like a letā€™s take a breather & will jump back in with the nonstop gags later. Necessary, imho, to switch moods/directions & establish a premise for the next episode. Basically, I guess Iā€™m saying it was the most serious episode so far. The Bane & Todd thing was great. Iā€™m beginning to move Bane up the ladder, love the voice work on his character.

2 Likes

I hope they make a season 2

2 Likes

Thatā€™s cool. I never read ahead to what the new episodes premise is. I like to have everything as fresh & unknown as possible when I go in to watch it. I almost put I think the Scarecrow was responsible for gassing her. I wouldā€™ve looked pretty dumb if it literally tells u that on the next episode synopsis. I also believe Lex is behind it more then likely in cahoots with Mr. J cuz Joker was being way too cordial with Harley & we all know heā€™s always got an ace (or Joker) up his sleeve.

1 Like

If you have not seen episode 9, then it is best to avoid this thread. Iā€™m not really sure how spoilers work so I apologize if I formatted it incorrectly. I donā€™t want anyone to miss out on experiencing content for themselves.

We all know the story of Joker and Harley, of how horrible Joker was to Harley. As goofy brilliant as this is, itā€™s also incredibly deep and for episode 9 we all got a mass dose of that , Iā€™m sure. And Iā€™m also sure that what I have to say isnā€™t anything special that hasnā€™t been said before but Iā€™ll go with it anyhow but in the moment that Joker did what he did to Harley , I related to that. Trying so hard for someone and always being there for them when all they do is hurt you, abandon you, and youā€™re always the one reaching out to them but they donā€™t even put an ounce of effort towards you? I totally felt that. Iā€™ve been through it.

How the illusion of what she thinks they had is just truly shatteredā€¦ I really hope that as they continue with the series, we continue to see some awesome character development for Harley Quinn & the others and I canā€™t wait to see what comes for her after this.

I always personally related to Harley Quinnā€¦ Not because Iā€™d want a Joker/Harley Quinn relationship , not because of Margot Robbieā€™s totally hot take on Harley Quinn , and definitely not because sheā€™s some really cool popular character, but because I can relate to her struggles and attaching my identity to people Iā€™ve loved, and then getting screwed over by them. It is through my own traumatic experiences in life that I became interested in psychology and why it is that people do the things they do, how I can be able to better understand them, but alsoā€¦ how can I break out on my own cycle and redeem myself from the things Iā€™ve done and the things that have been done to me so that I can be my own individual and encompass my own purpose?

Feel free to comment, agree to disagree, or whatever!

2 Likes

Taking the season as a whole, weā€™re about at the equivalent of the end of the second act, which usually accompanies some sort of setback for the protagonist(s) to overcome in the third act finale. It wouldnā€™t be very interesting if the protagonists succeeded too easily; the victory has to feel earned in order to feel meaningful.

1 Like

The only moment of true ā€œemotionā€ (sad) for me this season was after Joker threw Harley out of the Helicopter and Batman saved her, what Batman said to her. besides that, the show is comedic or neutral for me. Even the Harley/Ivy fight

After episode 8 I suggested it was all some sort of Machiavellian plot by Luthor. And now we see what his goal is. He said himself that he wants Ivy, if not as a willing member of the Legion then maybe as a prisoner and forced laborer. I can see Lex juggling the various dramas, having Joker separate Harley from Ivy so as to weaponize Ivyā€™s abilities. And it seems that Harley was still crushing on Joker despite who she claimed to be free of him. A soft touch, a kind word and she was putty in his hands. Even batman felt pity for her.

1 Like

There are 13 more episodes already completed once the first 13 air. There will be a break in between. What we want is a 3rd season. Fans Unite!

1 Like

Have to admit itā€™s a bit hard to feel bad for Harley this episode. She went into that meeting eyes wide open about him. In many ways she sabotaged herself.

I do find it curious nobody mentioned the last image we see of her falling is drawing herself up in the fetal position.