HARLEY QUINN S1, E9 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

Wow. This episode was really emotional. I dont know what hurts me more the fact that Harley fell for the Joker’s tricks again or that her whole entire crew abandoned her. :frowning:
I hope things improve for her in the next episode.

3 Likes

Yeah, but if Harley saves Ivy easy, just like that, it kinda makes her poor decision seem less significant. It pays off better this way.

2 Likes

Ehh, I dunno, they seem kinda loose on what Joker’s Gas can do…
In the First Episode it Melted guys faces, Later on, it was just an explosion, very little actual Laughing has come from it. Not to mention, joker goons call him “boss”

Idk, we’ll find out next week!

Clears throat

HELL YEAH

3 Likes

While it was tough to watch Harley fall back into her old destructive habits, it was also really well done from an emotional perspective. Having her hit rock bottom like this even after achieving her dream should really be the kick in the ass she needs to (mostly) get her sh*t together, and I’m looking forward to seeing how she bounces back in these last few episodes

7 Likes

I’ve watched every episode so far and this show is awesome! I think this is my favorite episode yet. Or, at least tying with the first one.

What I like most about this show is that not only does it have adult humor; but it is also telling a story and one that is very emotional.

Part of me understands why Harley broke up with Joker. But, part of me also always thought they would be good together. This episode got me because I was hoping, like I think Harley was, that maybe Joker respected her now and they could be together and try things again now that they are on an equal level of status.

But, then he threw her out of the helicopter and I just went silent. I think it’s because I’ve been in similar situations in the past of not knowing if I could trust someone I dated, and then it fell apart, and then the person wants to see me again.

This entire episode was so very relatable and I love how it touches on how entering again into that type of relationship effects those around you and how everyone sees you differently if you try to give someone like that another chance.

I felt so bad for Harley and this episode made me want to cry. But, that’s just how well it was made. Keep up the great work and I love this show.

7 Likes

Alas poor Harley, destined to walk the sepulchered streets of Gotham. A doomed husk of a woman. Do not cry for her.

6 Likes

Continually impressed by this show. Originally didn’t think it would be something I would care about, but it has me laughing out loud on the regular, and has me rooting for Harley. Cuoco does a fantastic job with the character. In this particular episode, it’s the Bane stuff that kept me laughing. And Tudyk does a great job as Joker. He’s perhaps the only person that could pull it off as well as Mark Hammill. Great cast overall. I’ve been looking forward to Fridays to watch new eps. Great job, team.

4 Likes

A great episode.

The Bane stuff was the best. All the spolsions.

Ivy’s stuf was nice. Her eco terrorist plan that was evil was a fun scene. Especially since I go to an environmental collage so is everyone at my college evil (maybe). Her stuff with Frank was hilarious enjoyed the pot guy.

The crew felt sad for them. Being considered goons. And poor king shark. Enjoyed his fish who cried orca but was a wolf named orca story.

Harley and Joker stuff was great. Classic Joker manipulation I saw coming but had me for a bit with the escape and then it happened. Nice for keeping me shocked at something predictable.

Batman feeling sad for Harley was sad. See bats does have heart.

Overlay and awesome episode and what a cliffhanger. I knew there would be a gang breakup moments some point in the show but the way it was done was awesome. Definitely agree this is Lex and the LOD’s plan to get Ivy as she’s the one they want.

4 Likes

Technically in the original it’s cheetah and Giganta.
So their should be two female members. I’m not sire why they only have cheetah by herself.

1 Like

What just happen?! This episode, by far was the most nerve recking to watch! Harley completely destroyed everything she built up to this point by falling into the same Joker trapp she was trying get away from! Honestly tho, I can relate, I’ve made some bad choices that almost cost me everything. That’s what I love about this show the fact that the drama is so relatable! Also every Bane scene was hilarious!!!

4 Likes

News report or nightmare?

4 Likes

I’m completely convinced now. Planetwide pavers is an extension of Lexcorp This has all been a set up and a trap laid by Lex. He collaborated with joker to get rid of Harley‘s crew and her best friend to isolate her and make her weak. and not only is Harley alone but now so is Ivy which made it easier for Lex to capture her. And now there’s going to be a hit out on Harley to have her killed orchestrated by Lex to ensure that Harley cannot come after Ivy

9 Likes

I have enjoyed the series thus far, love its humor and references to the comics and dc characters. Favorite DC characters mentioned on show other than Harley for me have to be Bane and Clayface.
I liked the whole Bang Bane comment reference that was pretty funny. :joy::joy::joy::+1::+1:
There was a lot more emotion in this episode and I liked it, it shows that not only is this show funny but, it can also convey emotion and have a certain tone to it that makes it unique from the Family Guys or your American Dads.
As for the whole betrayal part, i was kind of expecting that to happen, cause no matter if Harley fixes her mind or not there will always be a glint of conditioning from her beloved joker that will keep her from properly rebelling. When it comes down to it Harley needs her allies as much as she would rather be independent character from them. She will need them to help defeat joker. In order for Harley to truly be free of him she will not have to rely on her friends and not batman, as Batman will always want to put him away in arkham and won’t take the steps to put him away for good. They won’t cross that line. But I think that’s best option as for Harleys mental health and redemption. Batman could help her recover. As its shown he cares more for her than joker. However, he could still have that hold over her and as long as she is part of LOD Lex will keep using her. Harley was kind of veering in that same direction as Batman or others that won’t cross the line, but if she continues to be a part of the LOD as the Queen of Fables once told her she needs to start polevaulting over lines she won’t cross. Unfortunately, if she crosses that line there is no chance for further redemption. Despite, her friends helping her Harley has to do this for herself and its a difficult choice for her to make. And I believe the ending will be her moment to make a decision. Overall, it was a pretty good episode and series. Can’t wait to see her choice played out. She already has snapped out of it; and maybe spending time with her family is what she needs to convince her that her decision to be away from joker is sound and maybe that will support her decision to further to mend with her friends to defeat him.

1 Like

So one of the many things that I love about this series so far is the little Easter eggs the writers put into a lot of the episodes, and I mean they go into some REALLY obscure lore.

When Lex called his personal assistant “Esteban” (even though that’s not his real name) I got curious and googled “Esteban and Lex Luthor”. It turns out that Esteban Garcia is the Venezuelan voice actor who voiced Lex Luthor in the Spanish version of “Superman: The Animated Series” and the Justice League cartoon.

If that was their intention, I have to say that was a nice callback. If not, than at least I learned something new.

7 Likes

I think Harley at rock bottom is a really dangerous place to put her in. She now has nothing to lose. As soon as Joker proposed a drink, you could see how that was going to play out. She should have done coffee in the afternoon instead. It would have been less emotional risk, but maybe, hitting rock bottom is what she needs.

4 Likes

I just want to know who took the picture

6 Likes

lol, you know the paparazzi is everywhere.

3 Likes

This episode was a roller coaster ride of emotions that I didn’t fully come in prepared for. But I love that it did that to me.

It started out pretty typical of a Harley Quinn episode. While not as funny as last episode it has dome good laughs. Most notably the orientation video, especially Dr. Psycho’s moment with Black Manta in the background.

Also great as always was Harley’s crew bouncing off each other, which never fails to be good for a laugh. Ron Fuchs, Alan Tudyk and Tony Hale have great chemistry together. It is hard to believe they most likely were not even in the same room doing their lines for their scenes together. Because they bounce off each other perfectly.

Also loved the gag with the potato chips in the vending machine. Don’t know why but that whole bit had me cracking up.

Also laughed out loud at the meeting room where they debated the possibility of a sequel to Up. An easy one, but seeing the most evil villains of DC debating a pixar film was good for a chuckle.

One nitpick about that scene though, Cheetah was at the meeting. Given the whole theme that the Legion of Doom was a boy club they gave us before, seems odd they would have had a female member before Harley. Kind of seems contradictory to the theme. I know, no one else probably noticed, but do feel it was a bad choice even if it was only a 2 second moment. Not like DC was short on other recognizable Villains they could have put in that spot.

Also Bane was funny as always. I wish he was on Harley’s crew because he always delivers the laughs when he shows up. And never get tired of him being the constantly dumped on member of the Legion. Harley and her crew think they get no respect… at least they are not Bane.

But then The Joker started manipulating Harley’s emotions on their business meeting, and after having to sit through another kiss between Harley and the Joker… by the way if the show can take a break from that and not show us that visual again until episode never, that would be good. But anyway, after Batman showed up the show went from making us laugh to hitting us right in the feels.

I am sure no one who has ever read Harley and Joker’s interactions in the comics… or heck watched TV before was surprised when he dumped her off that helicopter. But it was done great just the same, from the look on Harley’s face as she realized she let him do it to her all over again, to Batman’s line of “some things never change Quinn”… delivered excellently be Deidrich Bader. And even thought it was not a surprise development it really made me feel for poor Harley.

Then things only got worse for her as her crew and Ivy found out why she ditched helping them all out and walked away from her. Well… except for poor King Shark… his bit of wanting to if he was not hooked to a catheter was a nice way to break the tension of an emotional scene so we didn’t go into being depressed.

I was really impressed with how all of this was done too. Not many adult animated series are able to truly go from laughs to showing their heard the way this episode did.

It is not easy to balance over the top humor with moments that make you feel for the characters the way this one did without making the audience feel like the tones don’t work well together. But this one did, and was able to pull it off in large part by making us feel connected to these characters in the first 8 episodes before it.

Also I am definitely curious to see where they go with the cliffhanger. Obviously Harley will come to Ivy’s rescue, my guess is after the Legion of Doom deem Ivy not worth their time to help. But given this show I expect some surprises along the way of getting there.

5 Likes

It’s episodes like these that goes to show how talented the writing team truly are; going for slapstick comedy to drama like it’s nothing, while at the same time providing meaningful character development, and a clearly defined arc for the characters.

At this point they can go anywhere with Harley Quinn, she can stay in the LOD, leave & go solo, or depending on how Joker & the LOD treats her, Harley could go down the anti-hero route like in the comics.

In either case, she’s going to have to eventually save Ivy from whatever predicament she’s in. Whether that involves her recruiting her former crew or getting the help of Batman and/or Kiteman, guess we’ll see.

4 Likes