Green.Lantern: Last Flight

Hi everyone!

This is without a doubt the least fun post I’ve ever had to write (which isn’t much of a competition, since I’ve written so many fun things here), but I wanted to let you all know that today is my last day as a moderator for the DC Community. I’m starting a new job next week that is a very good opportunity for me, and unfortunately there wasn’t any way to make both it and moderation work together.

This has by far been the best and most fun job I’ve ever had, and it’s not easy at all for me to leave it, and leave what’s literally the best community on the internet. (And it also won’t be easy to stop thinking of ideas for Mixtape Monday and Who Would Win constantly).

It’s been an amazing three plus years here, and I’m happy to leave with countless great memories, and knowing that the community is in the best of hands with @Jitsu, @staticshocks, and all the wonderful moderators here.

If I’ve learned anything from reading comics, it’s that nobody’s ever really gone for good, so I’ll just close by saying take care everyone, and hopefully I’ll see you around!

48 Likes

Can’t thank you enough for all your work and presence in the DC Community. You’ll be missed around these parts! :saluting_face:

19 Likes

Thank you SO much for all your hard work these past few years. You’ve been a fantastic part of this team and an absolute staple within the community – we’re going to miss you!! :sob: :green_heart: :00_lc_green_lantern:

18 Likes

Very sad to see you’re leaving @Green.Lantern, but at the same time, good luck in your new opportunity! I’m sure you’ll succeed in ways that will make the Guardians smile with joy. :gl_hv_2:

Parting gifts for thou:

Please stop in when you can, as we’d love to see you and once more, good luck with your new gig. :00_lc_green_lantern: :green_heart:

17 Likes

Thanks so much! This is a good reminder to me that I do need to finally get a Hal figure. :stuck_out_tongue:

19 Likes

You did a good job and will be missed by many.

“No matter how bad things get, something good is out there, just over the horizon.”
- Hal Jordan

14 Likes

Thank you, that’s really nice to say and a great quote. :slight_smile:

16 Likes

13 Likes

You don’t have one?

Well, we must fix that, we must!

In addition to the above, you’re welcome to these:

Hal figures don’t always have to be of him as a GL. :wink:

13 Likes

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :sob::sob::sob:
@Green.Lantern my friend and Moderator, thankyou so very much for the last 3 years of being our Moderator, I’m thankful that I’ve got to know you a bit, and wish you all the best at your new Job. May the Lord bless you on your future and always hold on to DC. :slightly_smiling_face: :dc:

Marty is sad to see you go and wanted to sad goodbye. Goodbye Hal Jordan A.K.A. @Green.Lantern and thankyou. :smiling_face_with_tear:

Reaganfan78

In Brightest Days and Blackest Night,
No Evil shall escape my sight, let those who worship evil’s might, beware my powers…GREEN LANTERN’S LIGHT!

:00_lc_green_lantern: :0_lc_green_lantern_hal_jordan:

17 Likes

That’s a good point. :slight_smile: I had the Blackest Night Hal in my cart on Amazon for years and never got it. Now they’re so expensive.

14 Likes

Farewell @Green.Lantern! :sob:

13 Likes

You can always nab these McFarlane pieces o’er at the McFarlane Store, Amazon and elsewhere:

Out of box:

$39.99 at most stores. :point_up:t2:

$9.99 at most locations. :point_up:t2:

Notice that the 3-inch Hal above has yellow behind him. Definitely a nice touch from whoever designed Hal’s packaging…despite it being a version of Hal who was long past the whole “Yellow?! Noooo!” thing, but its a nice attention to detail all the same.

Back of the above:

Say, a DCUI ad! Pretty slick of McFarlane to have incorporated that into a few of their DC lines, mmhmm. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Thank you for that, that’s really nice to say! I’m definitely glad I got to know you too. I’m excited about the new job and am definitely always going to be a DC fan. Luna and Notoe wanted to say goodbye to Marty:

19 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile: It’s been great. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Oh my Oa! They are so cute and beautiful. :face_holding_back_tears:

BTW, Happy Birthday, @Green.Lantern! :partying_face:

I hope you get some Hal figures amongst your birthday loot!

12 Likes

Congrats on the new opportunity :tada:. Goodbye and good luck on your next adventure :shamrock::+1:.

:birthday:Also Happy Birthday​:birthday:

18 Likes

Thank you! I’m excited for it, and I appreciate the birthday wishes. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Thank you. They’re sweet cats! I’m lucky to have them.

16 Likes

Wait what?! I’m seriously at a loss for words @Green.Lantern! I’ll probably come up with a more thoughtful reply in a few, but right now all I can bring myself to say is that we’ll miss you. You’ve been an extraordinary addition to the community. It’s really not gonna be the same with you gone.

15 Likes