Who Would Win: Green Lantern Free For All

Welcome to our speculative stadium, where legends duke it out and winner takes all! All what? No one knows! We’re just here to have fun!

Today’s matchup is a special and bittersweet one for me, since it happens to my last one. So naturally I want to say farewell to the best theoretical fighting community in the multiverse with a tribute to the character that turned me into a DC fan with a special all Green Lantern edition!

Out of all the characters who have ever worn the emerald ring, who do you think would come out on top? (Yes, I am aware that a certain Lantern may have destroyed the Corps at one point). Or just tell us who your favorite Lantern is, and why, if that’s what you’d prefer!

15 Likes

I thiink Green Canary would win. She’s obviously got amazing willpower and is strong even without the ring. Add in the fact that she’s an amazing fighter, and I can’t see anyone else beating her.

8 Likes

I almost forgot she had a ring, and I’ve read almost all of DCeased fairly recently. She was really great with it, that was one of my favorite parts of the series. (Although it meant that Hal was out of it very early).

10 Likes

Although Dinah’s reaction when she found out it was Hal’s ring was amazing.

8 Likes

Between DCeased and DC vs. Vampires, Hal has some bad luck in horror alternate universes.

10 Likes

That’s a fair point…

7 Likes

I also never really liked how he was portrayed in Injustice, but there’s several characters I could say that about (even though I do like Injustice).

8 Likes

8 Likes

I literally just finished reading the issue the second image is from earlier today. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

It is a great read.

6 Likes

You did say any Green Lantern, didn’t you?

Checkmate.

14 Likes

Can’t a Green Lantern make a death Star?

7 Likes

Sure, but Mogo can make a single well-aimed proton torpedo.

9 Likes

That’s going to be a hard one to top! I feel like a big reason why Mogo got killed (for a time, anyway) was just to level the playing field a bit more in the Corps’ fights. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Just will a grate over it

7 Likes

As much as I’d like to pick Jessica Cruz, I am going with Alan Scott because of all his years of experience.

8 Likes

Well, that’s clearly Hal Jordan. He’s been a favorite of mine since I was 7.

What I got to thinking about was, what if Relic became a GL?

That could have been neat.

8 Likes

As big an impact as Relic had, every time someone brings him up I realize I’ve almost completely forgotten about him. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

You are, no joke, the first person I’ve said Relic in the vicinity of that has actually known who I’m talking about. Yay! :partying_face:

IDK what it was about Relic, but he just hooked me when he debuted and has always been on my mind with regards to modern GL villains.

7 Likes

Geoff Johns’ run was what got me really into DC. Looking back at it from today it’s hard to believe that there were so many different Green Lantern books and big events going on for so long, even after he left.

8 Likes