:batparrot: Gotham Knights Discussion Thread :batparrot:

Just finished the main story on PC after playing pretty much nonstop since Friday. :sweat_smile: I had really fun time and I can’t wait to go back and finish all cases still open. And get all the collectibles of course. :star_struck:

I only have a few minor complaints. I think the dialogue could have been matured up a bit. Had a bit of a “hello fellow kids” vibe to it in places. I predicted the ending pretty much right away but that’s not a deal breaker for me.

As for positives I think it has a lot going for it. I think the combat is really smooth and powerful once you get a handle on momentum abilities. I do miss the counter option though. I think the story and character arcs are well paced and there is a lot to enjoy there. I liked examining how each of the knights handled their grief. The voice acting is pretty solid, and the lore is fascinating. Much to my surprise it didn’t feel like an Arkham retread which was nice.

8 Likes

Not new, LOL, but still very excited to see Nia from Raven’s Home play a new version of Robin!!! I’ve always wondered about Carrie Kelley since she’s technically from another universe in the comics.

4 Likes

Have some spoiler pros and cons!

Pros:

• Loved the use of the Kane family. Hope to see Kate in some DLC or sequel!
  • It was great to see Talia be a supervillain in her own right and Harley too.
  • The Clayface mimics were creepy as heck, and I loved fighting them.
  • Bruce coming back to be second to last boss was expected but great fun. It was really nice emotional pay off.
  • The man bats are pretty fun to fight.

Cons:

• I was disappointed to see Bruce die a second time. I know he would sacrifice himself to protect others, but it felt kind of cheap to me.
3 Likes

Ok, I finished. Barbara was my main. In general I liked it and plan to at least get Knighthood on all the others (have on Nightwing), if not play completely through on some of them. Batgirl was fun to play. She looked cool, felt decently strong, and had decent mobility. Jason surprised me by being really fun to play. Dick was a bit too bouncy for me - I’d lose track sometimes. I put a lot of points into his bouncing, so perhaps I need to play a different build, lol. I haven’t tried Tim yet.

Character interactions were most of my favorite parts, and I wish we could talk to specific characters to cycle through the discussions. I really liked Barbara’s interactions with Jason. I wish we had more of this dynamic in the comics. Actually, I think all of Jason’s interactions so far have been great. Tim seemed a bit too teenaged angsty at times, but this version is 16, so I guess it fits.

Dick seemed to be the most complicated of the group, which is strange to say. He has a lot of hats here with leadership, Bruce angst/guilt, Wayne Enterprise board meetings, comic relief, etc. I liked the Dick and Babs interactions in the beginning that focused on their closeness and teasing (so many puns!), but their closeness later seemed tainted by unnecessary negative comments focused on their past dating (“can’t believe we went out,” “you cried when I broke up with you,” “I was the one to break up with you,” “this is why no one dates you”) mostly made by Babs. Why? They could have just been besties or besties who are exes, but still super close friends who don’t take digs at the other in terms of dating. :frowning: I’m just not sure why the rhetoric seemed to change from always having each other’s back to dating commentary. I was surprised Babs didn’t have a cut scene with just Dick, but after I saw his I was sadly confused that they made Babs kinda mean for seemingly no reason. I mean, being exes didn’t seem to really impact the story, so it didn’t feel needed to overcome like the Jason and Dick standoff. She could have done the I knowvyou bit with the crying comment or the name calling (which wouldn’t have mattered as much without the first bit). Gah. Ok, moving on. Maybe. Deep breath.

The story was great right until the end. Our hero should have destroyed the pit, not Bruce. Bruce already took a mystic blade for us, so he still could have re-died, we still would have gotten some nice closure, and we still ultimately would have saved Gotham by decimating the talon army at the pit. I would have been perfectly satisfied with that ending. However, I would have been much happier if Talia had been ‘mind conditioning’ Damian to be stronger than his father in the place of his forefathers’ deaths, and we got to rescue him from more Lazerus exposures… then he could easily be a dlc character! Anyway, RIP, Bruce.

I played solo on a ps5. Movement and controls were as smooth as I expected based on various other games I’ve played. I still suck at driving stuff, lol. The ui took a bit to get used to - it’s kind of busy, but nothing too bad. Gearing isn’t something I worried too much about (easy mode!), but I could see optimization being frustrating for people trying to play harder versions. I messed around with crafting a bit, and multiple mod slots often seemed better than higher level gear. Not sure if that’s generally true.

4 Likes

I agree with your criticism for the ending. I think that would have been way more satisfying. Very interested in what sort DLC we are getting if any. Maybe a sequel someday? I feel like there’s a lot of room for more expansion.

4 Likes

The devs said they will be releasing performances patches over the next few weeks.
https://twitter.com/GothamKnights/status/1585412470486638592

4 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :purple_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart: :00_batgirl1:

6 Likes

:00_batgirl1:

7 Likes

Yeah, Knightwatch is the reason I got the deluxe version…

6 Likes

So Damian is in the game?

2 Likes

:eyes:
:purple_heart: Wow. :fire:
batgirl

5 Likes

#NumberOneStunner :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :00_batgirl1:

5 Likes

No. Nowhere that I saw anyway, which is a missed opportunity in my opinion. Still open to a future story, I suppose.

7 Likes

Does the weather change in the game at all? I’ve been playing for a few hours and I’m not satisfied with the weather, I like my gotham drenched in rain.

4 Likes

It will rain with thunder and lightning on occasion.

6 Likes

What do you rank the game on a scale of 1 to10?

2 Likes

I would give it an 8.5 or 9. If you are expecting one of the Arkham games, I think you’ll be disappointed, it’s very much doing its own thing. I finished all the side cases, and I enjoyed them but they’re pretty short. I really hope we get some substantial DLC content.

2 Likes

Heads up, a patch dropped for the game today on all platforms. It supposedly helps fix a lot of the stabliity issues, and fixes issues like characters jumping too far in stealth situations and stopped foes from suddenly floating in a meditative stance and being unable to hit, which…might be my favorite bug ever, honestly. Here’s an example of it if anyone hasn’t seen it:

7 Likes

I see this as a perfect opportunity for Red Hood to take him off the board lol

3 Likes

I’ve started replaying with new game plus. The events are the same, obviously, but a lot of the interaction do have a different feel and flavor so far. I will say that I expected to keep my fast flying nodes - nope! That made me quite sad, lol. We do keep the Knighthood travel abilities though.

Also, I’ve been thinking about some potential dlc content. Perhaps we get to investigate Dick’s ties to the Court? I’ll admit I’m torn with this. On one hand, it seems like a story that would be great to explore with these characters, and it is hinted at in some chatter. On the other hand, I never liked Pop Haly being a Talon talent scout.

7 Likes