General Chat: Thoughts on DC Universe Infinite? ❤️? 💔?

Cool thanks for the response. @Mae I hear ya’ I’m beyond excited for the comics etc. & I have HBO MAX. I just loved using Appletv but like I said, I can adjust to reading on an iPad. I did it for a few months b4 I bought an Appletv strictly for this site. Oh well, as u said I’ll renew regardless for as long as they keep this site open.

3 Likes

Super disappointed… :frowning:

DCU was the perfect mix of community, shows, comics - an all around “one shop stop” that worked across multiple platforms! I appreciated that DCU revived the old animation, movies and shows - greatto see them again. For me and my families budget I could justify DCU, but DCUI and HBOMax?
At $180/yr for HBO and $75/year for DCUI, that is a significant bump! I am seriously considering just moving to comixology for $72/year and substantially increasing my digital content.

14 Likes

Personally I think Lee is correct. DCU was never going to have the budget and resources that HBO Max has. I rather see those shows go to a company that can really put the investment behind them so that they can succeed.

To put it bluntly, if not for HBO Max all the shows would be going away. At least they have a top tier home now.

10 Likes

I can screen mirror my iPad but it’s easier to just read it on iPad. I don’t have a computer I’ve never owned one. But, I can get by with iPad either way I suppose?

3 Likes

Absolutely, and HBO Max is not only giving us more Harley Quinn, Doom Patrol, Titans, and Young Justice, they’re also doing Green Lantern and Justice League Dark! Who would’ve thought. And while it’s just an unsubstantiated rumor, maybe they could bring back Swamp Thing?

4 Likes

I have the iPad Pro, with a huge screen and brilliant colors. Reading comics on it is pure joy. But I also read on my PC, I have a really big monitor :nerd_face:

5 Likes

Do you have a small ipad? Only asking cause i have the 10 inch 2018 model and thats been perfect for my comic reading. Might be other factors for you…

3 Likes

Ok. Thanks @Mae. I just accidentally happened to pass by my account on my Appletv & I’d never read that section b4. It said it would automatically renew in 2021 so idk if that applied with the new format coming? Thank u :blush:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Yeah. Not a mini but it’s not a big deal either. Comics actually look way better on my iPad. Just the convenience of a remote with a built-in mouse was tough to beat especially because I’m a super heavy reader.

3 Likes

Go to a company…? What are you talking about? They’re the same company. They’re both divisions of Warner. And the shows seemed to be doing fine so far, and their streaming numbers on DC Universe were very good. Young Justice belongs on HBO Max? Really?

4 Likes

Yeah i can see the appeal, theres a strain to look at a screen right in front and have to swipe…but on the tv i have to go panel to panel. With my ipad, it can go full page easy

2 Likes

I got some scrap wood lying around. I’m sure I could take that and some rocks from the yard and build ya one probably. You could just trade me a few DC figures from your collection. Not many, lets say 100 or so.

3 Likes

Yeah as I said it looks way better quality wise on my iPad. But to look up while using my finger to switch or zoom in on panels is pointless when I have to look down at my iPad anyways it makes no sense to screen mirror it if I have to look at iPad to do it. I recently took a few pics off of my iPad on comics that didn’t line up right on my tv so I had to read an issue here or there on my iPad. The pic quality is way better on a screenshot from my iPad then it is to take a pic with my cell off of my tv then wait for it to show up in my pics so I can post it. So, I can look on the bright-side that way. I can read em so much faster thru Appletv tho. It’s not even close. Plus with the whole panel I have to fight myself not to look down & see the upcoming panels. I liked going panel by panel on my tv. Small complaints tho & I can adjust to reading on my iPad again.

3 Likes

I’m still saying I’m happy about this. I use HBO Max daily and see it as keeping shows that may have been stopped otherwise alive. I love that I get to keep reading the comics and exploring comics I never have gotten to read before for the price basically of a paperback novel a month at the monthly tier. I pay annually though so will be a bit less. I could try to explore the DC Universe through print but I do not have infinite amounts of money and trades go out of print. This lets me also explore to better be informed when i do purchase print books. I am making a stronger statement with my print dollars because I am showing what I actually like to the company and still getting to test the water for titles i may never have checked out otherwise.

7 Likes

@Razzzcat Nope, did that first before commenting. No mention of reward points that I can see.

3 Likes

HaHa a Flinstone type deal? I can’t part with my figs there family lol.

3 Likes

I understand that the powers that be are a business and are doing whats best for them but I just wish that any DC related content would stay in this app. For the price it is great to get access to all the library of back comics and shows and I enjoy that it is just focused on DC.
Now in order to keep watching the shows I am going to have to pay for *another * service that I did not really want to begin with. It really defeats the purpose of cutting cable to save money when there are all these separate services. (Just a general complaint of mine about all these steaming services)
That is really my only downside in all this is that I think HBO Max costs too much :confused: and I do not like the idea of having to switch to it just for my DC shows.
My suggestion would be to have a permanent bundle price for HBO Max and DC Universe like what Disney and Hulu have for those of us who are really only interested in the DC content.
Other than that I really like the idea of getting the current comics after 6 months and the digital first comics :grinning:. So excited for that so I can start reading those. And curious about new original comics. Also glad the community stays even though I do not participate as much as I would like. Looking forward to hearing more news as it comes.

12 Likes

how will the tv shows transition to hbo max? specifically the DCAU shows. any timeline?

2 Likes

I’m really pissed off that I cant bundle my HBO Max and DC universe subscriptions. I noticed that it only applies to new subscribers, its like penalizing fans just for being fans. I might just cancel both service just on principal.

6 Likes