General Chat: Thoughts on DC Universe Infinite? ❤️? 💔?

And Roku support for HBO max HAS to be coming. You cant have all this new content going into 2021 and not have the proper support

10 Likes

:+1: Agree. Actually…I’m excited about it.
I do understand not caring much for other HBO original content (some is excellent tho), but it’s the new home of most DC content now, so it’s essential for anyone into shows and movies based on DC IPs. This is a good thing. It makes sense and looks like a much more stable business plan than anything they’ve done so far, so I’m definitely satisfied as well. :purple_heart:

10 Likes

Yes, also remember that any new Arrowverse shows like Batwoman and Superman & Lois will only go to HBO Max now after airing on the CW, not Netflix. And I’m sure once the Netflix deal runs out, WB won’t renew it, and all the CW DC shows will move to HBO Max.

8 Likes

As ive said earlier today, I love that this is going more comic centric mainly because im doing alot of comic reading in general and i feel secure in the big 2 as it were having what i want. I also have HBO through my cable so that helps but everyone is in different situation, I understand, my hope is everything people want from the video content will be on HBO Max as much as it can be

I really want the comic reader to be improved upon and thats what i will focus my feedback when the changeover happens. Making reading DC comics more fun and easier to resd and function should be a top priority. Maybe we can get comic creators involved in Q and A’s with the community too

6 Likes

Does anyone have an idea of what may happen if you have some remaining rewards points still left?

2 Likes

Exactly! To me, it resembles what I originally was hoping this service would be when I signed up 2yrs ago! The comics were # 1, not the video content but now, by linking w/ HBO: More comics, more new shows :clinking_glasses: ALL the DC in one place topped off w/ this wonderful community. :purple_heart:

8 Likes

But enough about HBO Max, we know it’s awesome! What’s also awesome is getting more comics and now much quicker! I honestly can’t wait for that to start. In addition to the Black Label stuff, it was stated during Fandome that we’ll start getting the old Milestone books as well, and we’re already starting to see that with some Static Shock coming next month! This is a great time to be a DCU subscriber!

8 Likes

I believe if you follow the link at the top :point_up_2: it’ll answer all those Qs @KalEl123

3 Likes

Agree! :tada:

11 Likes

Only thing I dislike is that I can’t read comics on Appletv & that’s the only reason I bought it & only thing I use it for. Besides that. I’m stoked about the additional comics & I hope the mods aren’t gone. I love the mods :green_heart::white_heart::heart:. Those are my only 2 complaints. Only question left that isn’t in the article but seems like it’s self explanatory, but, can’t ever be too sure. If my account says that it’ll automatically renew in Jan 2021. Does that mean I don’t have to do anything to keep it & be switched to the new format? Or do I have to renew it over again in October when it changes? If anyone knows that would be appreciated. If not, I guess I’ll find out eventually. Just like to be prepared especially with OCD & my lack of tech experience.

3 Likes

It will automatically renew and carry over. There will be a thing next month where we can click and say we’d like our DCU membership to roll into the DCUI membership. It will be the same.

6 Likes

Will our favorite transfer to the new site? And will be on Roku later on down the road? Will any of the older shows go to hbo max? Also if I paid annual on my dcu will it carry over to dcui?

2 Likes

Hi @capo-mage! Ngl, I do enjoy reading comics on a big screen too! :star_struck: I’m sure we’ll be able to cast it to the tv still?? :thinking: I don’t see why not. And agree—I hope the Mod Squad stays put. :purple_heart:

6 Likes

I haven’t done it, since I usually read my comics on my iPad or just my computer, but the DCU app has a Chromecast feature so I’m sure when it’s updated to DCUI it will have it too.

4 Likes

Im extremely disappointed by this news and will cancel once the switchover occurs. I loved the DC Universe experience but have no interest in hbo max. I loved the total DC comics focused experience that was DC Universe. Oh well i know that im just one customer and AT & T Warner doesn’t give a damn about me and others like me. Im actually surprised they’re even publishing comics anymore. And Jim Lee, youre wrong, the best place for the dc original tv content is not hbomax, it was right here.

14 Likes

Will that be the same if you have a subscription through iOS devices?

1 Like

I’m in the same boat except with Appletv. It’s so nice to read comics on my flat screen with a remote that makes it so easy. Plus it stores everything u read and watch so I have a list of everything I’ve read/watched automatically. I can do screen mirroring but it’s easier to read on iPad then it is to mirror it? Appletv was just perfect. If I could just keep that I’d be fine with it all. But, can’t always get what u want & I’ll adjust.

2 Likes

You should check it out. I don’t do it very often because it’s a little slower than on the iPad, but…well, it’s huge! lol Havent checked out Chromecast, but I will!!

4 Likes

What’s up buddy, hope all is well.

I lost my roku about 2-3 years ago and didn’t want to buy another being that I have a Fancy TV LOL. I had gotten one of those fire sticks on amazon day but it was horrible and constantly would have to load page. Since this service launched I’ve just been using my laptop hooked up to TV w/ HDMI and navigating w/ wireless mouse. You might be able to sync your phone up w/ TV also. I know it’s a little annoying compared to the other ways, but it’s not as annoying as Disney’s Star Wars or folks trying to replace Superman/Batman :rofl:
(ppl: Star Wars & Supes/Bat’s comment is just a joke. If offended please respond with hilarious gif)

1 Like

Don’t know if old DC Daily episodes will getting being pulled down with the switch. Would be a shame because there were some great episode/moments I’d hate to be lost.

At least some of the episodes are on the DC YouTube channel. Not all, but a decent number.

3 Likes