:00_flash: Flash Season 8 Discussion Thread :00_flash:

Diggle is in the finale for Superman and Lois. I wonder if something in that worlds combining scenario forces him to reexamine the decision or maybe his doppelganger made a difference choice.

4 Likes

That’s what’s making me think the GL thread isn’t quite over yet. I’m even more curious to see how this plays out now

4 Likes

E17

Awesome™:+1: episode

Cecil gets an upgrade. Interesting upgrade but curious does it have to with the mystery person :thinking:.

Barry and the team deals with the return of Thawne but not Wellsed. Interesting. In great story of redemption from him and sweet moments with him and Meena. And great stuff between both Thawne’s and Barry.

Also fun Ray cameo. Didn’t see expect that. Awesome™:+1:.

The big story here. Diggle box destiny seems to have closed. Great scene between the too. And the space mystery interesting. The choice he made seems very Diggle for him but I feel it’s not the end. If it is maybe they did this to play it safe with the confusing state of shows. Who knows? But even though I really wanted a lantern especially my favorite one and this is his end it a pretty sweet ending one way or another.

Is this the last of Diggle? What will Dio do with Wells? Will they save Iris at some point? All this and more Same Flash Time Same Flash Channel

3 Likes

I, Read On the Internet That Many Flash Fans and Green Arrow Fans Hoped John giggle Would Become A Green Lantern!

I, Don’t Know How I Missed That!
I Never Added It Up!
John Giggle Chose His Family Over Becoming A Green Lantern In the Arrowverse!

I Wouldn’t Mind Seeing John Giggle Become A Green Lantern!
Even Though I Just Heard About It!
But, I Think John Giggle is Better Off Staying with His Family!

I Also Heard, This is Supposed Too Be Flash’s Last Season!
Also, I Feel That D.C.'s Legends and Bat Woman Should Be Picked Up For at Least One More Season!

Still Looking Foward Too Seeing the Next Episode!
I’m Interested In Seeing Iris West Get Saved and How Reverse Flash Gets His Speed Back!

3 Likes

It already got renewed for another season. There’s plenty of speculation that could end up being the last one but we still don’t know for sure

3 Likes

Did anybody else catch Ray saying he needs his sword? A shoutout to Sword of the Atom methinks.

5 Likes

Nice catch!

3 Likes

Didn’t hear that pretty cool

2 Likes

I watched this episode, opened this thread, saw this post and laughed so hard I cried. Thank you.

5 Likes

Ok, so I watched an episode the week it aired, I hope you are all proud. :laughing:

So much happened though. I went from not trusting one word from ‘Thawne’s’ mouth to being very confused by the love sub-plot for him. Once again, I am exhausted by all the romantic angles for the speedsters. I get that they need a ‘lightning rod’ but there has to be a better way. It’s very annoying. And I say this as a massive Flash fan.

Didn’t we have an evil Cecile sub-plot a couple seasons ago? Or am I confusing my characters? This is interesting. I really thought it would tie into Diggle and his GL ring but I guess not… And who was the figure watching her? I didn’t recognize them.

Geez. Talk about a massive lead up for a not great pay out. It was a great decision by Diggle and I respect it. I like tying in Tom Cavanaugh’s character for it but why wait 2 years for that? Thawne mentioned a lot of stuff in that moment, I caught the Source Wall and something else I didn’t recognize. Anyone else catch it?

But it was a strange way to end that 2 year storyline. It was beautiful. And it could have been done in a couple episode arc or even as a sub-plot during Crisis and not spread out over 2 years.

Though, it did lead to Deon finding Thawne? Maybe they were leading to that? Did they plan it all that far in advance? Deon said ‘they’ had been looking for him. I wonder if he is with the other Forces. Or maybe Iris? I would love a reveal of Iris as the Big Bad somehow this season. Though, there isn’t too much season left, right?

It is also always a pleasure to see Ray. I like that they had to call him to get filled in on the Legends because the Legends haven’t been in contact with anyone for a long time.

I can’t wait to see what’s next though.

4 Likes

Yeah, Thawne mentioned the Orrey of Worlds and i believe Dark Mandraak a couple of Grant Morrison concepts from Multiversity.

4 Likes

We’re gearing up for the season finale. I hope they have something special in mind. Like I said, this episode gave me first season vibes and that’s something that’s been missing from the show for a long time.

I do have some hopes for things that would improve next season, even if they’re not likely:

1. Put the focus back on Barry as The Flash. While it’s nice to have an episode based on a supporting character, there’s been a lot of that lately.

2. More recognizable/threatening villains. Look, I love seeing Thawne every now and then but we’ve gotta stop coming back to him. There’s other Flash villains out there. Let’s use them! And if we use them, can we please make them menacing. A part of me really wishes they’d have gotten The Rogues together as a season-long villain. We got a taste of it in season two with Captain Cold, The Trickster and Weather Wizard.

3. Condense the supporting characters. Seriously, there’s too many of them and a majority of the time we’re juggling their storylines when we could be focusing on The Flash. I’m sorry, but Chester and Allegra eat up a lot of screen time for stories that just aren’t interesting. I like Cecile, but we don’t need her all the time. They also have to make a decision on whether or not they want Caitlin or Frost. I miss the days when it was Cisco, Caitlin and Wells. It was nicely balanced and they added something.

4. Stop separating Iris from everyone. I can’t stand the #WESTALLEN people on Twitter, but some of them have a point…why is it the last couple of seasons we’ve had Iris trapped in a mirror dimenson and had this weird time sickness thing? I’m not sure what’s going on behind the scenes but come on, already!

5. Nora and Bart in small doses. I loved their one-off episode this season. It was fun. I know the temptation would be to have them constantly pop up, but use them sparingly.

That’s all I can think of at the moment.

3 Likes

I was initially thinking Barry’s decision to make Thawne a speedster again would rank as 1 of the absolute dumbest decisions anyone’s ever made on the show, but it seems like evil Thawne was gonna return anyway so I guess it’s ultimately moot

And it’s completely ridiculous they think anyone is gonna believe Iris’ death will stick. It’s so unbelievably predictable that she’ll be back after the negative forces are defeated at the latest. It’s just such a lackluster way to wrap up her story arc of being kept away from Barry yet again. Regardless of whether next season is the last, Iris really needs a much better arc where she actually gets to stick around instead of being lost in another dimension or in the timestream or whatever the hell else

I will say that moment at the end w/ evil Thawne literally ripping through good Thawne was legit terrifying. Like damn, I don’t know how they pulled that off so convincingly but I’ve gotta give them props for doing so

4 Likes

Much of this episode was entertaining, but I really did have some problems with it.

First, did they have to bring back evil Thawne? In the entire history of superheroes, I think he has to be the most overused villain of all time. The Flash has one of the best rogues galleries of any hero. I always ranked his rogues gallery no. 2 after Batman’s. Despite this, there are a lot of The Flash’s opponents that haven’t gotten much action on the show, and they keep falling back on Thawne. That having been said, that switch from good Thawne to evil Thawne was great. It was actually a bit scary!

Second, I really didn’t care for Iris’s death, as I know it’s not going to be permanent. I think all of us know she’ll be back at the end of the next episode. Of course, I am really getting tired of them separating Barry and Iris. Next season they really should avoid that at all costs.

2 Likes

I feel dumb. Spoilers ahead.

• What caused Iris’ “time sickness”? Where did those negative tachyons come from?
  • Why are these negative forces appearing now out of the blue?
  • Where are the “regular” forces?
  • Is there a negative Nora?
  • Why does Iris’ death cause the resurrection of Reverse Flash, and what’s with the body snatchers thing with good Eobard?

While entertaining, it all felt kinda nonsensical. If someone understands please enlighten me. Admittedly I haven’t read a lot of Flash comics. Do they deal with the forces the same way the show does?

4 Likes

This show is just garbage, they just cannot admit that Thawne has run his course for almost a freaking decade already! It’s just a repetitive after repetitive storyline.

3 Likes

Iris West, is Dead!
Reverse Flash, Gets His Powers, Back!!!
The Speed Force is Out Too Kill Team Flash!

Cecille, is Stealing Powers From Other Metas!
Very Controversial!
Very Scary!

I Hope, Iris West Can Still Be Saved and Brought Back!
Barry Allen and Iris West’s Romance is Legendary!
The Flash and Iris West! For Ever!

Can’t Wait for the Next Episode!
Hopefully, the Flash Can Save the Day and Bring Back Iris West!
The Flash, is Supposed Too Be More Lighter!

The Flash, Isn’t Supposed Too Be Dark Like Batman!
Flash is More Colorful!
Will Reverse Flash Help Team Flash Defeat the Dark Negative Speed Force Trio?!

2 Likes

The thing that triggered all of this w/ the negative forces and Iris’ time sickness was Barry taking away Thawne’s speed at the end of Armageddon. That either killed negative Nora or just put her out of commission, and since the other negative forces were then weakened, that’s when they started to put this all in motion. They would’ve caused Iris’ time sickness by putting the negative tachyons in her, knowing Dion would’ve tried helping her, thus getting infected himself and spreading the sickness to the other forces, putting them out of commission. I guess the combination of the negative tachyons and Barry’s positive lightning were what they needed to resurrect evil speedster Thawne?

It all still seems very convoluted and over the top to kill Iris in that very specific way to bring back their Thawne. And while I did appreciate finally getting answers to what’s been happening all season, making the negative forces the new big bad just feels pretty repetitive from when we already dealt w/ the positive forces before. This is definitely a different take on what Joshua Williamson did w/ the forces in the recent Flash comics, as I don’t remember there being any negative counterparts to the main forces

But 1 other thing this episode seemed to take from the Rebirth run was that shot of Thawne bursting out of another body. It was creepy on a comic cover and even more disturbing in live action

4 Likes

Man… thank you :pray:

I caught bits & pieces of what you said in the dialogue, but your explanation puts it all together. This is one time where I wish they spelled it out more for us. Some question marks still, but at least now I have no problem going along with it.

4 Likes

No problem! Once they mentioned removing Thawne’s powers, a lot of this did finally start to click for me. There are definitely still some elements which still need answers that we probably won’t ever get. But that’s just the state the show’s been in for quite a while now, unfortunately. They do seem to love holding out on the big answers until very late in the season, which kinda gives me the impression they don’t actually know where things are gonna end up going early on

4 Likes