:00_flash: Flash Season 8 Discussion Thread :00_flash:

Totally forgot about that! I thought it was just a callback to his being Sir Raymond of the Palms in Season Two.

I just watched last night’s episode and that was intense!

3 Likes

Gotta say, another solid episode. Things are finally starting to come together. Man, that ending was both shocking and tragic for a certain speedster.

The “death” in the episode…yea, I’ll believe it when I see it.

Hoping for a strong season finale.

4 Likes

Geez, another amazing episode. How many are left this season? Anyone know? I’m too afraid to look up episode counts in case of spoilers.

I am a bit confused as to how killing Iris with Speed Lightning, turns her into Still Force, fusing her with Good Thawne equals Evil Thawne resurrected. But, comics are gonna comics, I guess. That scene was amazing though. Beautifully done. And creepy Thawne/Meena love story is also over. So I’m happy.

I assume Cecile’s power up and Catilyn’s attempt to resurrect Frost are all gonna tie into this somehow. Not sure how, but I’m convinced.

I also assume that the ‘real’ sacrifice that Iris was trying to say is someone other than her. There is more about to happen. Maybe? And Iris was saying it was a new moment in time. So, I’m guessing Nora and Bart don’t exist anymore?

I’m just rambling now. But great episode. That last scene was terrifying and amazing. I love it.

3 Likes

E16

Crazy episode wow.

Cecile dealing with her knee powers. Stole tops (making another appearance and the others powers). Joes reaction was great :laughing:.

Meena training and Barry give the id reveal and inspirational speech.

Bart Nora and Joane dealing with Iris. Interesting.

Then neg forces are the villains as it all connects now. Thawne gets speed. And an amazing battle amongst the forces. Very cool stuff was thinking they wanted to kill Meena as twist but Iris. I’ll admit was surprised as the twist but feel she’ll be back. Then the face tear. Crazy. Did not see that coming. Definitely exited for the finale.

Is Iris dead? What about Thawne? Can Barry save the day and stop Reverse Flash once and for all? All this and more on the epic finale Same Flash Time Same Flash Channel

1 Like

After seeing Danielle Nicolet tease a huge cameo for the finale, I was definitely excited to see who they would get

And after seeing tonight’s finale the most surprising person to show up was…Damien Darhk? That couldn’t possibly be who Nicolet meant. She said fans wouldn’t see it coming at all, but it wasn’t actually that big of a surprise to see a guy who already appeared in Armageddon come back. Either the actual big cameo got cut, something got mixed up or she just straight-up lied to us

3 Likes

It was a good season finale. It wasn’t great, but it wasn’t terrible. I think if this was the last we saw of the forces for a while, I’d be fine with that. They’ve played their role.

I did like Meena’s role in all this. She wasn’t just a random character that overstayed their welcome cough::Chester and Allegra::cough. I think the Damien Darhk cameo was fine. It tied it into the beginning of the season. We all knew Iris wasn’t dead and I’m glad they set up the stone early on to pay it off here. I loved the scene of Joe praying/talking to Iris. Jesse L. Martin is so good in these scenes.

Sadly, I had Thawne’s new suit spoiled by on set photos. It looked better on TV, thankfully. The photo I saw made him look so bulky. Speaking of speedsters, it’s always a joy to see Jay, Impulse and XS.

Cecile was helpful, but can we please stop giving her a new power almost every episode?

My complaints for the season was separating Barry and Iris for an extended period of time yet again, too much with the Forces, lots of filler episodes and yes, Chester and Allegra. Oh my god I don’t care about their subplots. I’m watching the episode tonight and all I could think was “It might be a logistical nightmare to keep them in the past, but why can’t we replace them with Bart and Nora? They’re far more likeable and you wouldn’t miss a beat if they stepped in.” Allegra isn’t interesting no matter how much the show runner wants us to believe she is and Chester forces the pop cultural references. It’s like someone trying to be a geek (geek being a good thing, I might add) rather than being naturally geeky. It’ll never happen, but it’s time to let them go.

I was surprised with the tease at the end for next season’s villain. I wondered if we’d ever get to him, but given it’s season nine, I think it’s about time. Something tells me they’ll have to change up his origin, though.

5 Likes

Over all I enjoyed the season finale.

I liked Iris and Damien interacting, and I thought that was one of the best parts of the episode. I also liked it when Joe was talking to Iris. I have to say I understood Barry’s rage at what he perceived as Iris’s death all too well. I do hope Meena sticks around. In fact, I was thinking she could be a good replacement for Chester…

Anyway, I hope next season will be better than this season was. The whole trope of Iris and Barry being physically separated has been overdone. I also hope we have seen the last of Thawne. If ever a villain has been over used, it is him.

2 Likes

Agree on Meena. She was fantastic!

3 Likes

What’s even stranger about their arcs this season (to me at least) is that if they weren’t gonna end up together, why bother showing them kiss in Armageddon? Obviously that timeline wasn’t meant to stay, but between the kiss and the hinting at something romantic between them, it just feels weird to not go down that path. Not that I was actually shipping them or anything, it just really seemed like that’s where their paths were headed. Of course it could still end up happening next season, but it’s not like it’ll make their characters better 1 way or another

3 Likes

Great finale. It was exciting and visually very pleasing. I don’t understand… things… but I’m probably overthinking stuff that isn’t meant to be overthought. It all relates to the forces & avatars & how it all works. Is there supposed to be a negative Nora? Who are the “avatars”? Barry & Thawne, or Bashir & the others? I kinda sorta get it, but it’s not all crystal clear to me. Doesn’t matter too much either because it was just a fun finale to watch.

• I feel bad for Chester & Allegra with all the negative comments on here. I think the characters are fine, and the actors playing them do a good job. Honestly don’t get all the negativity.
  • Not a Flash-head here. The tease for the new villain didn’t register with me.

Overall this season was much better than the last one, which I think was the weakest one so far. There was more excitement, pacing was better, and the overall production values feel like an improvement over season 7. Looking forward to season 9!

2 Likes

I truly cannot take this show anymore, horrible Season Finale, we’ve seen Barry and Thawne fight for so many freaking seasons and it always ends the same, now we’re supposed to believe he’s dead for real this time? Now Caitlin’s evil.

3 Likes

The thing is that we ultimately have no idea what happened to her, which was another frustrating part of this episode. Whoever/whatever came out of that pod is a total unknown, and so we’ll probably just have to wait until next year to actually find out

2 Likes

E20

Great finale

It’s the final battle between RF and Flash.

Cecil and the team try to help recover the forces while Joe and Jay try to find Iris.

Iris gets help from Darhk. Cool come back and tie into Armageddon. And nice reunion between her and Joe.

RF gets a boast with a cool suit causing all the chaos. Barry is losing himself in a very cool battle between the two. Then with Iris v BFF ack he knows what to do destroying Thawne. Not the first time so is it truly the end.

Wrap up. The speederster return home. Cecil has more new powers. Meena is back to her work but willing to help. And Barry and Iris are finally back together. Hopefully for good this time.

Katlyn get frosty but as for what who knows.

A new negative tease. Research has lead me to see it as Cobalt Blue. Know nothing of him.

Overall the season was great. A cool crossover kick off and the some filler exploring others. The Deathstorm arc was great and the to this one. In short great season.

Caitlin went into the pod, no one else went in, so it’s Caitlin.

2 Likes

Reverse Flash, Dies, Again?!
I Guess They’ll Bring Back Reverse Flash, Again?!
Poor Reverse Flash Can Never Ever Win?!

Iris West Is Brought Back, Again?!
Thrilling Episode!
Cecille Is Like A Jedi Knight!

Can’t Wait for Next Season!
Should Be A Thrill Ride!
Good Too See Jay Garrick, Again?!

2 Likes

If it was Caitlin, then why would Mark say “Who the hell are you?” Clearly something big changed w/ her in that pod, we just have to wait and see what that is

2 Likes

Because of the way she’ll look now.

3 Likes

But there was also her response of “A friend…I think.” If that was Caitlin, she would’ve just said it was her and there’d be no doubts of where she stands

2 Likes

It’s literally a pod, it’s not a teleportation device, LOL.

2 Likes

A pod specifically meant to bring back Frost. Even if it had worked like it was supposed to, Frost would’ve stepped out, not Caitlin

3 Likes