:00_flash: Flash Season 8 Discussion Thread :00_flash:

Or go really obscure and use the Charlton one-shot the Fiery Icer.

6 Likes

I like this show, but they need to reboot it with another crisis event.

4 Likes

Another Great Episode!
Another Great Speedster!
The Flash Has A New Apprentice!

Hopefully, They Will Find Iris West!
Team Flash Needs Too Save Iris West, Already!
I Miss Seeing Iris West!

Nice Too See Reverse Flash In His Cell!
I Wonder If He’ll Be Back as A Major Villain?!

3 Likes

Stop bringing Thawne back!!! The Flash has other villains!!! Fast Track made her debut and is obviously a villain.

5 Likes

To a degree this felt like a filler episode to me, not to mention another opportunity to use Thawne. Really,The Flash has other bad guys. He even has other bad guys who are speedsters.

3 Likes

This was a filler episode. I’m sorry, but Allegra isn’t an interesting character. For the brief moments we got to see Barry talking to Thawne, I was invested. With Allegra I was mentally tuning out. And the knowledge that Caitlin is taking a break and now we’re stuck with Chester and Allegra…oh man, Team Flash scenes are gonna be a slog.

I was happy to see Kausar Mohammed show up. I mostly know her as Yaz from Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous, so it was a joy to see her in live action on this show. It’s going to be very interesting given the preview for next week.

4 Likes

I know Fast Track from the 4400 reboot so it’s very cool for me as well.

4 Likes

E16

Nice episode.

Allegra deals with her past. Lifts wait off her shoulders and moves up in the journalist world. Cool fight with Sunshine and Dr Lights return. Wonder will this lead to her getting a hero name and suit.

Barry in the hunt for a new speedster. Li en Yu (butchered spelling :sweat_smile:) return as RFs cell. Cool scene between the too. Leading to Fasttrack’s reveal. Very cool to see her. Definitely a bad guy but probably will have a change of heart.

How will Mina fit in? Can Flash train her When will Katlyn return? All this and more Same Flash Time Same Flash Channel

2 Likes

Finally watched last week’s episode.

Did we know Lian Yu was an Argus hold site? Or did the CW run out of sets pieces? Either way, It was nice to see. Wait… didn’t the island blow up? Or was that reset after Crisis? I stopped watching Arrow…

But I do enjoy seeing Tom Cavanaugh. So any excuse to see him for a bit is fine by me

I was convinced the new speedster was going to be Avery. Then it was Meena. And I had a minute of trying to remember who she was from the comics. Same comic run, different character. Oh well, maybe we will see Avery with speed later.

I liked Allegra in this episode. And Taylor is a bit more bearable. Though, it drives me nuts when two people hate each other and one reveals that they have super powers and the other decides that they don’t hate them anymore. But it works for the plot, I guess.

And Allegra going Super Saiyan was cool to see. She doesn’t get a lot of fight time usually so it was nice. I wonder if she will get a suit or if she will go public?

Oh, and Caitlyn isn’t actually going to her Mom’s right? I know Danielle directed this episode and that’s why she wasn’t in it. But that video was suspicious. I bet she is up to something.

Fun episode all around. I’ll try and watch this week’s episode earlier this time. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

You just guranteed that you will not see it until September.

4 Likes

Nah, I’ll probably see it next week. My tv time is all screwed up. I guess there are worse problems to have.

Is this a Fourth World problem?

3 Likes

Lian Yu’s been used as a prison before with Deathstroke and Captain Boomerang. Good thing they still had the set!

6 Likes

uh

:upside_down_face:

6 Likes

This was the first Flash anything I’ve watched since Crisis. The suit they have now is really great, Season 3 post- “Once and Future Flash” suit is my fav but the yellow boots and vibrant red are really cool and brings it together.

Suit1

3 Likes

In a lot of ways this was the best episode in quite a while, but I’m definitely conflicted on the thread that’s certainly going to get the most attention

On the one hand, Dig fully rejecting the (presumed) GL ring does make sense for his character. The lines he had about the love for his family surpassing whatever power the box could offer him did feel right given the kind of man he is and what we’ve seen from him in the past decade. But on the other hand, if he was just gonna end up rejecting the box, then why in the absolute hell did they spend the last 2 years building this up so much? Did they not know how they wanted to resolve this thread when they introduced it and then changed their minds later on? Did all the recent show cancellations make them change their minds about where this story was heading? Is there still more to the story that we just have to wait on for longer? I certainly hope it’s that last one because it would still suck if all we get is this anticlimactic ending. I get that it’d be hard to pay this all off in a way that’s both satisfying and doesn’t conflict w/ Dig’s love for his family, but if the proper amount of time and care is put into the story, it’s gotta be possible

7 Likes

After how awful last week was, this was a breathe of fresh air. It reminded me of the first season.

First off, I gotta say, I love Meena. Her joy and compassion make her such an intriguing character. And as for Thawne…give Matt Letscher a hand! I did not see them going this direction but it was done so well. I know this isn’t the last we see of them. I’m glad. I like them.

I really could’ve done with the Cecile stuff this week. It’s not that I don’t like Cecile—she’s been a bright spot amongst the supporting cast, but I think it could’ve waited until next week, to be honest.

We had a nice cameo by a former Legend, too. That was fun!

And now we get to THAT part…Diggle showing up to talk to Thawne about the box. First, I had no clue he was in this episode. It was a fantastic surprise. And it seems they’re finally done with this subplot as John rejects the call. If this was the plan all along then the cameos in other shows seem like a big tease. If things got changed cause of the HBO Max Green Lantern show then I guess this ties it all up? I have a feeling they wanted to throw the ring scene in the Arrow finale as a nod to the fans and then realized they had to follow up on it. Honestly, they could’ve left it at John finding the ring. We could fill in the gaps on our own

5 Likes

It also makes me wonder if they’re hedging their bets on the Justice U show. If it happens then Diggle is free to teach a new generation of heroes without worrying about the box (even though that could’ve been a nice subplot for that show). If it doesn’t happen then Diggle is with his family and we don’t have this dangling thread anymore. But I’m in agreement that two years of build up for nothing was a waste

5 Likes

I have mixed feelings about this episode.

On the one hand, there were some things I really liked. I enjoyed the whole plot with Meena and the alternate Thawne. Both are great characters. And it was nice to see a Thawne who isn’t the Reverse Flash. I also enjoyed the whole plot with Cecile. It is an interesting development. And it was great to get a shout out for the Legends! I am hoping that next season maybe they will resolve Legends of Tomorrow on The Flash.

On the other hands, there were things I really didn’t like. First, I wish there had been a Green Lantern ring in the box and Diggle would finally embrace being a Lantern. Sadly, I think the upcoming HBO series may have nixed that if that was what they had planned. And I hate that it looks like they once more be falling back on the Reverse Flash as a villain. If ever a bad guy was overused on a show, it is the Reverse Flash on The Flash!

4 Likes

I know I keep saying it, but I truly hate this show. Are they allergic to having other villains other than Thawne? The Flash has other villains in his Rogue’s Gallery! Now we’re going to have Thawne as a Big Bad AGAIN! This show is pathetically repetitive.

I’m glad and depressed that Legends was mentioned, even seeing Ray.

Matt’s Thawne is supposedly Legends’ redeemed one and he was brought here as a reward? Give me a freaking break!

Diggle’s storyline was a complete waste of time! He deserved better.

4 Likes

Reverse Flash is Helping the New Flash!
Reverse Flash Will Supposedly Get His Powers Back!
Joe West’s Wife Turns Vigilante!

Very Interesting Episode!
No Iris West!
I Miss Iris West!

Can’t Wait for the Next Episode!

3 Likes