First look at Kevin Conroy as Kingdom Come Batman in Crisis on Infinite Earths!

That’s exactly the point I’m trying to make. These shows and movies may be inspired by the comics, but they’re still their own interpretation and need to be experienced on their own. At the end of the day, you may be able to understand what’s going on in the crossover w/out having seen every single thing beforehand, but you’re just not going to get everything you can out of it. This is an event for the ages, so why not make the most out of it?

I totally get it man. It doesn’t always work. Like I said there’s been a few times I hopped into the middle of something, like infinity war.
Coming off of a long break (a 5 years)I see issue 7 of Infinity Crisis in a barns and noble to see what’s its about. was like WTF? . I see Superboy (who at this point, now wears jeans and tshirt) die and I was so devastated. Him Robin and Impulse were my favs. they’re what got me into reading comics regularly. So I seeked out some back issues and continued on my way reading current comics. I went all the back to Identity Crisis and eventually caught Up.
Yes things were spoiled, but I still enjoyed it. still I wish I experienced it as it was happening cuz that was a huge event with many stories leading up to it and many tie-ins, clues and other things that referred to this big thing coming.

Well put, @arkhamassassin! I would add that Bruce Wayne has always consistently been depicted with darker hair and even in old age, it wouldn’t look as blond. Every time I see Iain on screen, I feel like I’m watching Resident Evil. I’m so thrown!

2 Likes

I had the honor to meet Mr. Conroy and was AMAZING. He was way to cool and so humble!!!
This is a dream come true!!!

2 Likes

That’s awesome! I also got to meet him at a convention earlier this year, and I definitely had the same thoughts. I only wish I could’ve gotten to talk to him for longer, but it was still worth it. And welcome to the DCU community!

1 Like

Unfortunately he has confirmed that hes only in 1 part of the crossover Kevin Conroy on Twitter: "I’m in just the Batwoman episode of the crossover. It airs Dec. 9. 😎!… "

I didn’t think he’d be playing a huge role, so I can’t say I’m too disappointed. I was mainly worried that it might only be a short cameo, so as long as he has a substantial supporting role in the second episode, I’ll still be happy

1 Like

I hope we at least get to see him interact with Brandon Routh’s Superman

1 Like

OMG, We could only wish…

1 Like

Where can I find them?

Suffice it to say, even though this didn’t end up being KC Batman, Conroy still absolutely destroyed it in his first live-action outing as Bruce. The only downside is that w/ him now dead, it looks like we won’t get a classic Trinity, even if Lynda Carter does show up as Diana

1 Like

His performance was really good. I couldn’t help but wish he was in Titans.

1 Like

Though I definitely want a better Bruce in Titans, I’d much rather have Conroy here than there. Crisis is paying off years of buildup, so it only feels appropriate to have THE Batman himself in something this big. Besides, Conroy wouldn’t be a good fit for Titans either. That Bruce is supposed to be in his prime, and neither Glen nor Conroy are/would be able to pull that off at this point

His not being past his prime that bothers me about Titans, it’s that the first season painted a dark version of Batman, but in the second season that only plays out in Dick’s head. Conroy could pull in that darkness for us.

I feel you on, if we have to choose, keeping him in Crisis, though. It just struck me as such a better portrayal.

1 Like

In my opinion I was really disappointed by this episode, I’m sorry but I don’t like the idea of Kevin Conroy playing the evil Batman, to me this was a huge letdown episode along with Tom Welling Smallville Clark getting rid of his power, so 10 years of Smallville been wasted for nothing, WHAT WAS THE POINT?! So he can live happily ever after, whatever. I wasted 10 years watching Smallville hoping he become Superman, Then I found out he threw it away! What a wasted years I waste watching.
The only thing I like was seeing Brandon Routh as Superman again!
Oh and I think Jon Cryer did an excellent job playing Lex Luthor.

2 Likes

Well…yes!

2 Likes

I personally didn’t have an issue with the version of Bruce in this since The Monitor purposely sent Kate to an Earth where Bruce was at his worst.

So for me it was just 1 version of Bruce from Infinite Earths. Kinda like how we saw versions of Oliver and Kara where they’re Nazi’s.

I’d like to think there are others where Kevin is the one we’re more used to. Kate kinda built up her version to be one of those with how she talked about his ‘code’ and how she was disgusted with how this version of Bruce disregards other people’s lives compared to what her version is like.

I can’t say much about Tom Welling since I didn’t follow his show. I just kept my expectations very low for the screen time him and Kevin would have. It doesn’t seem like those 10 years were wasted since it seems he was Superman for a while, had adventures, saved people and settled down.

But I can only speak from my perspective so not sure if many people feel the way you or I feel about Tom’s Clark/Superman in this. As long as he had a history as Superman and found happiness in his family that sounds good to me.

3 Likes

While I liked Conroy’s performance, I also wished we could have seen him as a heroic Batman. When they mentioned Bat of the future I thought he was going to be like the Batman Beyond Bruce.

2 Likes

To be honest I was hoping to see Terry McGinnis, that would’ve been cool too.

2 Likes