First look at Kevin Conroy as Kingdom Come Batman in Crisis on Infinite Earths!

I’m sorry everybody, I should’ve kept my opinion to myself. I’ll flag it to delete it.

You don’t gotta delete your comments. Everyone’s entitled to their opinion. If you changed your mind about it, cool. If you didn’t it’s cool too. Everyone can have different perspectives + reasoning to why each of us feel a certain way about things.

It’s an open forum so feel free to express your opinions.

3 Likes

Just got caught up, and I honestly feel the same way, regarding both Conroy’s portrayal and how things played out with Welling’s Superman. I mean, there were dozens of moments in Smallville where characters teased Clark’s destiny as a superhero. Heck, there were even a couple instances where characters literally looked into his future and saw his ultimate fate. So after all that, they go ahead and take away his powers.

Back to Batman, I’m really upset that they screwed him up so bad, and just to give an extra character moment to Kate Kane. I mean, on the one hand, Conroy’s acting was phenomenal, and he really felt like a jaded, Frank Miller-esque Batman. But inevitably it was just done to hype up Batwoman. And that line from the Monitor about being “the Bat of the future” was just such an aggravating moment, it made me want to gouge my eyes out.

Routh’s Superman is pretty great though. Costume looks fantastic, and it really feels like they’re going to do his character justice. That bit about not being the first time he went crazy and fought himself was brilliant :joy::joy:

2 Likes

That wasn’t Kingdom Come Batman.

Yeah, this whole Crisis has been a huge let down so far.

1 Like

Like the original COIE, there were beloved charters that didn’t make it. Supergirl and Barry Allan, just to name two. Where people upset that certain characters died, you bet they were. Personally I loved the original Earth 3 characters that were wiped out, and that started with the very first issue.

Conroy has playing an non-BTAS version was a great call and something Conroy certainly knew going in and agreed to do the character. I can see why, after decades of playing a specific version of Batman, as an actor, given the chance to play such a different version of the character can be a great change for the actor and a way to fund new elements of a character he has a long history with.

3 Likes

I really enjoyed the twist. Having Conroy’s Batman turn out evil makes it all the more heart breaking. Had any other actor been in that role, I feel like it wouldn’t have been effective. Panning up to see Clark’s bloodied and broken glasses was one of the few moments in a CW show where I actually felt my stomach drop. It would have been nice to see him as a truly heroic Bat (I was kinda hoping that Luke was gonna end up in the Batman Beyond suit, since the Earth being numbered 99 was a pretty clear reference to the show) but I’m also glad they went somewhere unexpected. With thousands of fans scrutinizing every second of footage released, it can be hard to have something that different and surprising, especially without having the big budget set protection of Star Wars or Avengers.

6 Likes