Exclusive Sneak Peek! TEEN TITANS ACADEMY (2021) #1 Releasing 3.23.21

Cover Art: Rafa Sandoval, Jordi Tarragona, Alejandro Sanchez

All right class, take out your pencils (or inks, or colors) - we’re giving you all a #sneak-peek at TEEN TITANS ACADEMY (2021) #1, the latest ongoing series from the Infinite Frontier Omniverse! Read on to see how the likes of Starfire, Nightwing, and Beast Boy take to being instructors, and what the new batch of students think of the curriculum…

Writer: Tim Sheridan
Pencils: Rafa Sandoval
Inker: Jordi Tarragona
Colors: Alejandro Sanchez
Letters: Rob Leigh

Welcome to Teen Titans Academy! Packed with both new, super-powered teens and numerous dark secrets, Teen Titans Academy’s student body includes Shazam; a new Australian speedster; a trio of Goth(am) teen expatriates obsessed with Batman—and one member of this first class will become the deadly Red X. :x: Original New Teen Titans including Nightwing, Starfire, Raven, Cyborg and Beast Boy take on the role of teachers and mentors for superpowered teens. Their goal: to shape the next generation of heroes.

Pre-order your copy today by heading to dccomics.com, or dialing up your favorite FLCS.
:rotating_light: BONUS! You can also order issues #1-5 through Collector’s Paradise and receive a signed copy with a certificate of authenticity at cover price! :rotating_light:

Will you be in school this session? Let us know in the comments below! :point_down:

11 Likes

Awww, man, cutting off the preview with an ellipsis?! So cruel!
I’m really looking forward to this, and can only assume the “many did not make the cut” is going to come back to bite them in the most fabulous of ways.

Unfortunately, this also reminds me of the Mystik U series that never made it to press. :frowning:

4 Likes

Looks awesome™:+1:

4 Likes

I think I’m gonna wait on DCUI to read these, but I do like that we officially got the original NTT generation as a unit again. The idea of them training the next generation of heroes is just awesome, though honeslty I’m not too sure if I care much about the new kids we’ve seen so far.

4 Likes

I’m sure as hell curious about the Li’l Ragman looking character in what looks like Burden’s hoodie.

4 Likes

Absolutely, and…this is a class I won’t fall asleep in. :00_teen_titans:

4 Likes

I liked Mystik U. Wish it would’ve lasted. Got my Zatanna fix there after reading everything else on here multiple times. Been wanting to reread Shadowpact. But, idk if it’s been long enough yet?

3 Likes

I totally forgot that it eventually got released. I was looking forward to the original description, involving Rose Psychic and Cain & Abel, but missed the Zatanna flavored rework they released – better go correct that soon! Thanks for the reminder.

I’ve never read Shadowpact – can I just jump in with the main title, or should I read Day of Judgment and Day of Vengeance (or anything else) first?

1 Like

Day of Judgment, Villains United, & Day of Vengeance all great. Just jump right into Shadowpact. I absolutely loved it. Nightshade, Enchantress, Ragman, Black Alice, Warlocks daughter it’s so good. Of course Blue Devil & Detective Chimp too. Day of Vengeance is so great. Also, The Crime Bible, Superman/ Batman Sorcerer Kings highly recommended & Madame Xanadu even more so. Xanadu is self contained like Shadowpact. Shadowpact in Day of Vengeance are awesome, plenty of Zee’. Superman Blaze/ Satanus War is great too!!!

3 Likes

QFT.

1 Like

:+1::grin::grin::japanese_ogre::japanese_goblin:

1 Like

Awesome, thanks so much! I’ve read Villains United (huge Secret Six fan) and The Crime Bible, but might need to re-read both as part of this binge. Didn’t know Black Alice was in Shadowpact either! Will start on it as soon as I’m done with Mystik U and add the rest to my list! :0_book_club: :nerd_face: :0_book_club:

1 Like

Nice!!! I promise this is just coincidence but I absolutely love the Secret Six. I just posted the other day how great it is. Also, we had a Q & A on here with David Marquez -& my question was about the Secret Six II in the infected storyline.

Secret Six Rules.

2 Likes

Though always a Titans fan, look forward to this series.

2 Likes

My introduction to Tim Sheridan was Future State: Shazam, so if TTA is half as good as that, we’re in for a treat.

2 Likes

Hahaha! Thanks for the disclaimer. :rofl: Secret Six and Bilquis Evely seem to be my most common “less-than-mainstream” obsessions that most often find like minded folks.

As in the Year of the Villain Infected? Tell me more. I didn’t know there was a Secret Six touchpoint for that and have only read the King Shazam one-shot.

Oh, are we getting off topic? My bad. Yes. More Titans! And Red X in main continuity! Can Punk Rocket be far behind?

2 Likes

Does continuity exist in the Infinite Frontier?

2 Likes

I’m still way behind, but my understanding is “yes but no”? Like, there are still titles within the “primary universe” which is linear from Flashpoint through Rebirth to “now”, right? I don’t care about whether my current version of Character X remembers what might have happened to them in a comic from 1986, I just get brain hurt when two books published the same month in the same crossover seem to ignore one another.

2 Likes

Leaving a like for a great sneak peek, but the like is really for that statue :bow_and_arrow::bow_and_arrow::bow_and_arrow:

4 Likes