Doom Patrol Season 4 Discussion (Warning: Here There Be Spoilers)

The Scissormen are villains from the Grant Morrison run on Doom Patrol. Yes, as Jane said, she was never a teenager! Miranda was the dominant alter then.

2 Likes

Grant Morrison, I heard of that dude, very cool then!

3 Likes

I hope all you Doomies have had a good year and are looking forward to next year. Normally I would be nonplussed about the past year, but after actually meeting Rita Farr herself, it’s been nothing but net! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Am I out of line to brag?

3 Likes

No, you’re not out of line to brag! I would love to meet April Bowlby, or any of the rest of the Doom Patrol cast!

3 Likes

:smiley: :+1: :hugs:

4 Likes

Agreed here @zulmara5.38205. Dogsh*t McGivens needs to stay in her lane. :triumph:

3 Likes

E5

Crazy episode.

Larry off to find Keeg but worries about Rita. He does what she has to do and goes to help Keeg. Meets 104 as they get to know each other. As the connection comes and Keeg returns but the the scissors men appear. Finger Finger knife hands and all. :sweat_smile:

Jane is still enjoying her connection ti fog as she struggles with who she is. Fun scene in the underground and nice scene with Kay.

Rita and Rouge struggle to connect but a very sweet scene between the two.

The teams young adventure leads to a party with some fun but Cliff goes into his inner kid and the rest all deal with their stuff too. Then Wallaby betrays them regretfully as is seems with the demon bunny took Jane’s immortus as it seems they want plan on taking it for themselves to stop Imortus from doing so. Interesting :thinking:

Can Jane and Rita get their imortus back? Where did Larry go? What’s next for the team? All this and more Same Doomed Time Same Doomed Channel

2 Likes

I have seen some people on Instagram have said they would like to see Rita and Madame Rogue have a romantic relationship. I think that would be interesting, but what do the rest of you think?

3 Likes

Do you remember the episode where Rita, Cliff, Vic and Jane died? Why didn’t Rita visit one of her relatives while the others did? Don’t the writers care about Rita as a character? This goes back to what I said. The writers hardly ever give Rita a meaty storyline.

3 Likes

That is a messed up way to end the first half of Season 4!!! The team were supposed to get their longevity back, not completely taken away!!! I really hate Keeg!

Larry and Rama are already very cute! Cliff taking off his mitten to hold Jane’s hand was beyond beautiful!!!

3 Likes

I have to wonder if Rita had any of her relatives she would want to visit? I know her relationship with her mother was complicated.

3 Likes

Momager archetype.

3 Likes

E6

Awesome™:+1: mid season.

Rita and Rouge on a trip back to the AON. Looks like Beard/Butt Hunter got fired. But they find Wally and end up killing a fake him.

Jane now older is trying to live while she can. Nice stuff leading to a sweet scene with Cliff. Cliff loosing it a bit with the talking hand :sweat_smile:.

Larry working with 104 and Keeg but Keeg sends them away as he thinks immortus can. Nice thought but misguided.

Vic and Derek team up to try to help but like all get caught. And now the butts are loose again. (I don’t know why but the song at the end reminded me of the opening song from from Scooby Zombie Islamd​:sweat_smile:)

Is this the end of our heroes? Can Rita and Laura help them? How will the butts be stopped? All this and more when it returns later this year Same Doomed Time Same Doomed Channel.

2 Likes

A fake Wally Sage, what?

Larry and Mr. 104, working together or “working together”? Haha!!!

3 Likes

This did seem like an odd episode to end the mid-season on, but I guess you can’t deny it ended on cliffhangers.

I can sympathize with Jane worrying about aging. I remember when I found my first grey hairs! And I thought it was sweet that Cliff took his mitten off to hold Jane’s hand. I am sad that Cliff’s Parkinson’s has progressed to the point he is hallucinating. I love Larry and Mr. 104 bonding. I only wish Keeg would be a bit more cooperative. I also loved Vic and Derek going in after Larry, even if they got caught in the end. Anyway, I love that the episode ended with “Dynamite” by Mud. Not enough shows use glam rock these days!

2 Likes

I was searching for when Doom Patrol would return and saw an episode list that has the name of the 12th episode listed as “Done Patrol” I hope that does not mean what my pessimistic heart thinks it means.

2 Likes

It better not!!!

2 Likes

Tell us it’s the last season without telling us it’s the last season

2 Likes

Well, the news we didn’t want to hear has arrived. Doom Patrol’s fourth season will be its last.

3 Likes

Sad news but had a feeling it might happen. At least we got 4 great seasons and the get to give it a proper ending.

2 Likes