Doom Patrol Season 4 Discussion (Warning: Here There Be Spoilers)

Can’t say we didn’t see this coming…

3 Likes

@NYJt3 @NinjaSupes Yeah, I don’t think any of us were surprised by this. You are right. At least we got 4 seasons and it looks like we’ll get a proper ending.

2 Likes

Still hoping for Ambush Bug.

3 Likes

Mark Sheppard was on Svengoolie Saturday night, one of those segments were Sven is out and about interviewing people. He mentioned Doom Patrol and made reference to Arnold Drake’s original run in the Sixties and Grant Morrison’s run. Unfortunately, he didn’t mention when it is coming back!

2 Likes

So we’re still in the dark about the show, damn!

2 Likes

Guyz- it may not come back…

Y’know, becuz Zaslav Palpatine. :unamused: :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

I truly hope with all of my heart that I’m wrong about this, but I know from personal experience how it feels when your fave DC content is all but finished and ready to roll out and then he swoops in and puts the kibosh on it. :frowning_face:

We’re almost a month out from the series finale of Titans and still no word on when our heroes will be coming back. :pleading_face: We need some kind of update and SOON.

3 Likes

As depressing as it sounds, you may be right. A case in point is the show Snowpiercer. Its fourth season was completed when all of a sudden it was announced it wouldn’t be airing on TNT. It’s not on HBO Max now or any streaming service. I have to admit, it has occurred to me that the same thing could happen to Doom Patrol. I just hope that Warner Discovery’s Board of Directors wakes up and fires Zaslav. I mean, do they really want someone that is so unpopular that he’s actually booed at a university commencement?

2 Likes

Ugh, him . . .

x2690shf
x1720

:doom_patrol_club:

3 Likes

Not that things like that have never happened. But I really think people need to get past the Batgirl PTSD, and not just constantly jump to “It’s WBD they will not air it, all they do is not air things”. I think people need to calm down and not assume the first time anything doesn’t come out to some time table we made up in our head immediately jump to “welp… they are not showing it”.

2 Likes

I don’t have “PTSD” where my gurrrlll is concerned. BG has been and always will be my most favorite superhero OAT, a character who brings light and warmth to my heart. Speaking as a person diagnosed with PTSD due to my time with my ex monster husband it’s impossible for me to suffer from something that acts as an incredibly positive force in my life, mind, and heart.

I have never once posted or said these words or those similar to that effect.

I’m perfectly calm. Just because I’m an ardent fan doesn’t automatically equal a proclivity for hystreria. Also- If I feel the need to vent my takes, opinions, disapointments, or any comments or otherwise I will do so freely and without the need for anyone’s permission or approval. Have a nice day. :smiley:

3 Likes

I would not be surprised if an announcement comes from the studio in the next few weeks that the final four episodes will be available only on the season four BluRay/4K release. Just a theory but I think it could be a possibility. But again, I really, REALLY hope I’m wrong about this and the final four stream on MAX sometime soon. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Even Doug himself surveys Z’s meanness and is like “Dang, bro- notch it down a bit.”

2 Likes

I really am hoping you’re wrong. Right now I am thinking we will see the last few episodes on Max, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they did they announce that they will only be available when it comes out on disc, as you said. It just seems to be the way things are going at WBD right now. Right now TCM fans, probably for the first time in its history, are worried about the future of the channel, because they laid off Pola Changnon, TCM’s general manager, Charles Tabesh, senior vice president in charge of programming, Anne Wilson, vice president in charge of studio production, Dexter Fedor, who was in charge of marketing, and Genevieve McGuillicuddy, TCM Enterprises vice president. All of them have been with TCM for years (I think Charles has been from the very beginning) and, while I have never interacted with them, all of them are close to the fans. I am honestly worried about friends losing jobs now.

3 Likes

Me too.

That’s a lot of lay offs. :eyes:

BTW- happy DCUI anniversary my friend. :smiley: :tada:

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

I do appologize if it came off that way, didn’t mean it to sound confrontational. I know you never said that part, just keep hearing it and the theory that they won’t bring them back made me think of it. But I should have phrased it different for sure. I mean no disrespect.

1 Like

I don’t know. I mean I may be wrong but most studios including WBD are slowling backing away from physical release, and in some cases not even realsing seasons of things on DVD/Blue-Ray especially streaming show. So them caring so much about Blue-Ray sales they would pull that seems pretty unlikely.

1 Like

Since there has been speculation on here and elsewhere that WBD might be shelving the second half of season 4, I thought I would share a recent James Gunn tweet that should help soothe some concerns.

2 Likes

That is good news. I would think James Gunn would know if anyone does. Here’s hoping it comes out soon!

2 Likes

Right. I mean despite what some people think James Gunn doesn’t run all things DC or even all TV and Movies and guessing whether or not a complted show not even part of the DCU gets put on a streaming service is his decision. But if he said he got conformation he would presumably know who to ask. So seems about as good conformation we will ever get until the episodes actually drop. :slight_smile:

3 Likes