Doom Patrol Season 4 Discussion (Warning: Here There Be Spoilers)

Doom Patrol returns on HBO Max next Thursday, so I thought I would set up this topic as a place where we can discuss the new season. While I put a spoiler warning in the title, please make sure to blur any spoilers for those who may not have seen a particular episode yet.

Anyway, what are you looking forward to this season? What do you think is going to happen?

8 Likes

Just looking forward to seeing the team back again and what craziness they’ll get into.

4 Likes

So excited for this to come back! I’ll be especially curious to see how they handle the whole team-wide memory loss matter from the end of last season. It’s a funny way to end a season, but if they’re still doing that at the start of this season, I’d worry that it could end up getting annoying and repetitive if they constantly lose their memory on every mission. Maybe it’ll just be a recurring joke for the 1st episode before they figure out a way around it

And considering all the cuts at WB/HBO Max this year, I also feel like I have to mentally/emotionally prepare myself for the possibility that this could end up being the last season. Of course that’s the last thing I want, but after Batgirl I just have to expect the worst under Zaslav. Even if we go a while w/ no announcement like that, I’ll still be weary. After all, the CW waited until Stargirl only had a few episodes left before announcing that wasn’t getting renewed so I’ve just gotta stay on guard. But I’m also not gonna let it ruin my enjoyment of what’s sure to be another super fun season!

4 Likes

I’m so excited for Doom Patrol’s return! I’ve said to friends Doom Patrol, Peacemaker and Superman and Lois on the TV side of things is the best DC has ever put out there!

5 Likes

I agree about the memory loss. It would make for a funny recurring joke in the first episode. Any more than that and it could be get to be a drag.

And like you, I worry that this could be the last season. Given the cancellations of Legends of Tomorrow and Stargirl, I swear WB/HBO Max’s policy under Zaslav is, “If it’s good, cancel it!” Still, I won’t late that ruin my enjoyment of this season!

3 Likes

I have the flu, so I haven’t had a chance to watch Doom Patrol yet. I spent most of yesterday sleeping! Anyway, i hope to catch it later today.

3 Likes

:pleading_face: :hugs:

Get well soon @mercurie80.

5 Likes

Thank you.

3 Likes

Get well soon, @mercurie80. :hugs:

4 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

Well, I watched the first two episodes of season four of Doom Patrol. It seems as if the show is still as good as ever.

As far as the first episode goes, I cracked up when I heard “Animal (**** Like a Beast)” by W.A.S.P. It was made all the more funny by the fact that the villain they were fighting was called Codpiece (you kind of have to be familiar with W.A.S.P. to get the joke). The trip to the future seems to have been traumatic for everyone. I really do hope Larry can work things out with Keeg.

As to the second episode, I think it was funny that Dr. Yu’s demonstration of the progress she made with the butts was by having them perform “Shipoopi” from The Music Man. And it fits in perfectly for the show for both Madame Rogue and Cliff, and Vic and Jane, to think they have stopped the coming apocalypse.

2 Likes

That stinks. Get well soon :four_leaf_clover::+1:

2 Likes

E1

We recap what they’ve been up to the past three month. Still definitely dealing with there stuff. Fun fight with Codpiece and his IT :laughing:.

Sweet moment when Cliff got the gift.

Then the trip goes wrong. Definitely a dark future in the Buttpocolypes.

Our magic friend talks the night and adorable bunny if the new threat Imortus :thinking:. Interesting

E2

Now it how to deal with butts. As the team makes Rougue the leader.

Cliff and Rouge learn more from each other on the murder mission. Poor Cliff that death was his first touch.

Vic and Jane find the other butt as Vic is trying to figure himself out and Jane deals with Jay who is growing out of the others. But then what’s next for them :thinking:. Beard Hunter pops back up as a butt Hunter as they make it out.

Larry deals with both Rita and Keegs friendship. Thing aren’t going well.

Dr. Yu teaches the butts shapoopie :laughing: and saves Nicolas.

Can Jane find a purpose? Will Rita Larry and Keeg patch things up? How will Rougue lead? All this and more Same Doomed Time Same Doomed Channel

3 Likes

I loved the first two episodes!!! The team better not die!!!

5 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Is Sendhil Ramamurthy not actually a villain like it was announced and could he be Larry’s love interest?

3 Likes

Poor Rita. Well, she’s still the leader of my heart. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

It was cool that this was a Rita-centric episode!

Also, it was cool that they really went back into the history of the Doom Patrol for this one. Dr. Janus first appeared all the way back in My Greatest Adventure no. 81, and I think he only appeared that one time. And it was cool seeing Mr. 104, even if he wasn’t given a lot to do. I do hope Rita is all right! Anyway, next week’s episode looks like it will be pretty cool too.

2 Likes

Mr. 104 isn’t just a guest spot, he’ll be a recurring character this season. It’s very cool though that Janus is very far back in the comics!

3 Likes

E3

Awesome™:+1: episode

Cyborg reconnect with old friends. Cool to see them reminiscing but then reality sets in. Things can’t always go back to the way they were but nice to see it end kind of patched up between the group.

Jane dealing with puzzles and fog as Cliff is still protecting his hand and Larry is struggling with keeg.

Rita not taking the demotion well then conned out of here emotions by the Doc and 104. They save the day but keeg seems to have gone with 104 and Rita is in peral.

Can they save Rita? What is Keeg going? Why is Fog in the puzzle? All this and more Same Doomed Time Same Doomed Channel

3 Likes