Doom Patrol Ep. #15 šŸ˜­"Ezekial Patrolā€ Discussion Thread: Spoiler Zone! šŸšØ

@daisydemonfanny.96463: Chief only meant to experiment on Rita and Larry, and it seems the rest were delayed requests he no longer had control over. And apparently, he did discover some sort of secret to stop/slow aging from all of that.

4 Likes

I hope they bring in the real Brotherhood of Evil and General Imortus. I love the Doom Patrol.
I hope the make Challengers of the Unknown.

11 Likes

Absolutely No one:

Doom Patrol: Wanna see what a giant rat and giant cockroach gay makeout session looks like?

14 Likes

Excellent! Wonderful!! Excited to watch it in entirety again & again! Thanks Super Fans! :supervillain:šŸ»ā€ā™€

2 Likes

I didnā€™t like this episode and last week. It seems the writers are just doing weird things because Doom Patrol has the reputation of being weird. Hopefully season 2 is better but I have my doubts since they have used a lot of Morrison Doom Patrol in this season and not in a good way.

2 Likes

That recap of the season by Mr. Nobody was great. Looking forward to more carzyness in season 2. Donā€™t know how they will top a cockroach and a rat making out but Iā€™m sure they will find a way

4 Likes

You know, at first I thought the Chiefā€™s age was a plot hole since heā€™s been 60 since the 60s but turns out it was part of the plot. Well done :pray:

1 Like

Iā€™ve got to sleep on this finale before giving my thoughts on it. I can say I very much love this show and pray it gets another season!!

ā€œIā€™m gonna spread you like the plague baby.ā€ :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Iā€™m continually impressed that:
-DC leans fully into the weirdness of DP
-The writers are able to incorporate so much from DP history yet add new stuff that totally fits
-The characters, cast and dialogue are consistently dramatically engaging yet hilarious
-Each episode has ā€œoh my god they went thereā€ moments that manage to surprise and entertain the hell out of me.

Keep it up, Iā€™m evangelizing this show to my friends. Canā€™t wait for season 2!

Hope Swamp Thing can be this good :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This was my favorite super hero show ever and one of my favorite shows generally. It made this entire subscription seem worth it and Iā€™m so grateful that it wrapped up in a satisfying way. In the event that WB makes the absolute WRONG choice and cancels Doom Patrol, I feel good that there is a nearly perfect 15 episode arc that exists evermore. Hereā€™s hoping Swamp Thing, Teen Titans 2 and Stargirl can live up to the new gold standard.

2 Likes

Questions I still have after this season: how did the Chiefā€™s prehistoric girlfriend live throughout generations, what happened to her, whatā€™s the deal with the beast she summoned, and what did the Chief do to prolong his own life?

1 Like

By far the most successful DC show when it comes to bringing whatā€™s on the comic to the screen (aside from Gotham, arguable). This show is hilarious and has a lot of heart and I can wait for season 2

2 Likes

I have probably never laughed so hard at any show for as long as this episode kept the laughs coming. Between Cliffā€™s tirade about going into the painting, Ezekiel the harbinger of the apocalypse, and pretty much everything else in this episode was pure comedy gold.

1 Like

My hopes for Season 2 of Doom Patrol:

Negative Man cooking scenes
Brotherhood of DaDa
Talking Blue horse
Rita using her powers more and leading the group

Season 1 was phenomenal! Bravo all around for the actors, script, sets, cinematography, music, etc. :clap:

4 Likes

Now that Iā€™ve seen the whole season Iā€™ve decided that Janeā€™s abrasiveness (relative to the comic) was just a natural reaction to Cliffā€™s pushiness. He was a lot more chill in the comic, so she didnā€™t ever NEED to scream at him. Iā€™m so happy I understand her now.

1 Like

Iā€™d like to see the heroes more refined next season. Rita being able to stretch in a controlled manner than turning into Jello, Robotman being less impulsive, Larry finding a way to not be paralyzed when he releases Negative Spirit, and Crazy Jane having some what of a grip on her personalities without her being OP and boring.
Also, bring Flex Mentallo back!!

1 Like

Great show! Even with all itā€™s funny bazarre premises itā€™s still more real than 99% of what on TV.

1 Like

Thought it felt rather rushed. It was also odd that the last episode of the season went the fun route instead of the drama route. Either way I still enjoyed it. Itā€™s better than the Titanā€™s finale.

1 Like

The final episode was definitely not up to par with the quality of the rest of the season.
For the first time this season my girlfriend and I didnā€™t spend half an hour praising the episode we just watched and theorizing about what was going on. Instead we sat there thinking ā€œwhat did we just watchā€. Here were a few of the issues/questions we had:

1. The first 20 minutes or so jump back and forth from various points in time. Flashbacks are great but when spread out a bit. Here they come in quick succession all the while returning us to the ā€œpresentā€, which is actually 6 months after leaving the white space. Time jumps were a bit jarring.
  2. As community member mentioned why is the chief experimenting on the group? He hasnā€™t aged a day since his experience with the hairy cave woman. He didnā€™t encounter Larry until decades later. Heā€™s over 100 years old but clearly he had something going on prior to his Immortus project.
  3. Why did no one really use their powers? The show has been building the characters up all season, only for everything to be initiated and ended by Mr. Nobody. Yes Rita convinced Nobody to use his narration ability to save the day but what about everyone else. They were there but didnā€™t do anything.
  4. The Chiefā€™s daughter came out of nowhere. No explanation. Just I have a daughter, we need to save her and sheā€™s incredibly powerful.
    I hope we continue getting more cohesive, emotionally driven shows . Showrunners need to improve any action heavy scenes as they are probably the weakest part of the show so far. There was no sense of danger or urgency in the season finale.
4 Likes

A question after Iā€™ve had some time to reflect.

Why was the chief still experimenting with immortality when he clearly had that figured out after his romance with the cave woman? He at least had it figured out with Rita, why continue?

Overall love the show and cant wait for season 2 :pray:. The finale just fell kinda flat for me. (Although it was hilarious at points.)

5 Likes