Doom Patrol Ep. #15 šŸ˜­"Ezekial Patrolā€ Discussion Thread: Spoiler Zone! šŸšØ

Pretty disappointed there was no tease for next season or for the possibility of a crossover with titans or upcoming series.

2 Likes

Honestly despite a lot of frustration many have with the way the season ended. Think of it as the last page of a regular comic that snags your attention with either shock or cliffhangers to keep the reader interested and coming back for more.

Happy with what they have done with these characters and is truly the flag ship show o. This app in my opinion. Canā€™t wait for swamp thing to blow my mind !!!

First just want to say how fun and entertaining this season has been.it is sad that the last episode was the weakist of the season. Itā€™s a shame to have this with the last thought of the series as it cloes s out the season. Many plot wholes and overall experience. Itā€™s a shame Danny and flex didnā€™t play a bigger part other than a shout out and setting. Feel like writers worked themselves into a corner and just slapped together a final that left open a sequel.

1 Like

Hopes for season:
Get a second season
Flex and Danny join the team
Rita being the leader
Larry being able to operate sperate from the sprite
Lord immortus
Situations to hear Bandan Frasier say WTF Cyborg and metal man interaction
Jane being Jane
Larry singing

1 Like

I think itā€™s pretty typical for comic book fans to be disappointed, and find fault with the season finale of any show. The Doom Patrol Finale was pretty great, perfect no, but pretty great. Looking ahead to next season, seeds were planted for a possible General Immortus storyline, The Painting That Ate Paris and a Dorothy Spinner arc.

1 Like

Iā€™m LOVING it!Doom Patrol has had itā€™s ups & downs just like any other show but all in all itā€™s great.Canā€™t wait to actually SEE Dorothy.Itā€™s funny seeing what Easter Eggs they put in the show for us to find.Looking forward to a new season to see what other DP Lunacy they bring us!

Who went to go see Dorothy Spinner and got attacked earlier in the season?

I bet that kid ā€œtrod the boardsā€ that night if you know what Iā€™m saying.

What an amazing ending. The show keeps getting better and better. This is exactly why I decided to subscribe to DC universe

2 Likes

I am not sure what I expected in the finale. I do know that the unanswered questions throughout the season were more interesting than a quick " escape the stomach of an animal" gimmick from episode 2. However, I still love this show. Are they planning to ever give Rita her fully developed powers? I am hooked. It just seemed a quick out.

6 Likes

Dammit the better be a season 2!

6 Likes

It definitely deserves a second season especially considering itā€™s leagues better than uber serious Titans(that was a bore.)

7 Likes

I was never into the Doom Patrol for all the 35 plus years Iā€™ve been spending on DC Comics, Doom Patrol never drew my interestā€¦Until Now!

I really have to say that while Season one of Titans left me feeling a little flat, season One of DP re-energized me! I binged the Entire season in one day and am now going through my DP Archive edition (I got it along with Wonder Woman archives v.1) as well as following the Morrison Run here in the DCU digital Library.
I canā€™t wait til we see the next season

Until, then, Iā€™m moving to Danny Street to keep the party going!

9 Likes

I really like the theme of compromise and growing from past mistakes or present situations. I thought the characters all dug deep to find their resolve. Especially coming together to rescue Danny and Dot.
Would love to see the same flavor next season with the Doom Patrol finding more great and quirky adventures.
Absolutely love this show! You guys are rocking it!

9 Likes

That episode was great. I love how every week, Doom Patrol makes you think youā€™ve seen the weirdest it has to offer, and then by the next thereā€™s something that tops it. And yet the show also manages to stay much more ream and much more human than most shows, comic based or not.

Next season, I think it would be cool to see the team interact with some of the more standard DC heroes. I donā€™t know what it would be like, or what could be done, but I think it could be interesting to see their strangeness juxtaposed with characters like Superman or Winder Woman.

5 Likes

Like some others, I never got into the comic. Never even picked up a single issue. After watching this I have been devouring the entire catalog. Absolutely loved this show. Titans was ok, but Doom Patrol really shone as an example of what a great show with metahumans could be.
Iā€™m still not sure about Cyborg being on here, I mean he was great and added an interesting dynamic, but I just canā€™t help but feel he should have been on Titans. Maybe thatā€™s just because Iā€™m so used to seeing him there. I think it would be good for him to maybe get picked as a JL backup and be on the DP part time.
I dunno, anyway, GREAT show.
Thank you!

2 Likes

Yo, we lost Admiral Whiskers

1 Like

I thought the ending was really weird.

1 Like

Aside from the loss of our glorious military leader it was incredible

I donā€™t think this episode was the best episode of the season which has to go to episode 7 therapy patrol but this episode was wacky and fun and thatā€™s what I like about this show.