Doom Patrol Ep. #13 "Flex Patrol” Discussion Thread: Spoiler Zone! 🚨

That reunion scene. I had to open all the windows because of the onions.

2 Likes

This show somehow manages to be both the most tragic thing i’ve ever seen, and also so damn funny, my brain can’t process that level of contradiction.

1 Like

Things are really heating up! PLEASE don’t end the season on a cliffhanger. Cliff. Hanger.

1 Like

ok but can we talk about where we can get that Doom Patrol Shirt? cuz I need it now\

2 Likes

I love how the cliched cry of agony that always make splash pages was replaced by the ‘flex of agony’. That was both so sad and fittingly absurd.
Flexing hopelessly your sorrow out should be how we all get our emotional release on television and real life

1 Like

Boy, Can’t get enough flex! You guys might have known he was coming to the show but it was a complete shock to me… always thought he was too weird of a character to bring to the show. But I also thought that about Danny so clearly I don’t know shit and this show is amazing!

6 Likes

Another great episode! I loved Flex! I hope we see more of him. He’s so adorable, and I loved how he interacted with Cliff and “Sparky”. Rita continues to intrigue me. Her whole monologue to Ed Asner’s Mr. Nobody was chilling and well-acted. I’m sad this season is coming to a close.

2 Likes

Time to get some FLEX SEAL

Time to get some FLEX SEAL

@Summers Season 2 is coming. Hopefully, it’ll be here before we know it. But, they can take all the time they need to write/produce another amazing season of amazement as far as I’m concerned. LOL

4 Likes

Loved seeing flex added to the roster,hopefully he sticks around. But what i really wanna know is when can we get those sweet doom patrol t-shirts?

5 Likes

@ BuddyinCA,
I do wish they would announce it.

2 Likes

Great show! Solid series, I hope we get another season.

5 Likes

Loved the ending!

3 Likes

Mr. Nobody has been an amazing villain/narrator. This ride has been strange and major fun. Flex was someone I did not think I would see this early. Although I thought the same thing about Danny the Street. So, happy to be wrong. Keep it up DC universe. Your making this old goats day every Friday.

7 Likes

i need to find where mr nobody got all that merch

6 Likes

So if the Doom Patrol exist in the same universe as the Justice League (we can assume this from all the references to the Justice League) why doesn’t the League of Normalcy go after them too? I mean Superman is from another planet illegally and Batman is pretty messed up and Aquaman talks to fish, etc. If they can go after Flex Mentallo they can go after anyone. Speaking of which though, what was the point of his picture disappearing from the comic books? Those were just print ads. He didn’t literally live in the comics did he? Those comics were definitely from the mid-1960s but that little kid in the ads looked more like he was from 1978 with that shaggy head of hair. Just some random things I noticed. This is my favorite DC show though even with all those oddities going on.

2 Likes

Because there is no way the bureau could take on the league. But also the world would notice the disappearance of someone as big league as a JLA member. The bureau survives on taking small oddities and weaponizing them. Same reason they were cautious with cyborg. He was just big enough that his disappearance could have had ramifications

3 Likes

Going by Nobody literally removing cyborg from the poster, does that mean he’s done here?

Will he appear in titans?

The JL barely got a headquarters at the end of Justice League. Took a bad ass MF like Batman to find a group like Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, The Flash and Supes… No government agencies got closer other then Amanda Waller with the Suicide Squad. Love how the Titans and Doom patrol are coming together so far. Key with good writing is don’t be afraid to offend people. If u wear your feeling in your shoulder they will hey knocked off. Keep up the good work DC

1 Like