Doom Patrol Ep. #13 "Flex Patrol” Discussion Thread: Spoiler Zone! 🚨

I think If cliff keeps trying to connect with Jane he will succeed but

Just let flex watch his soap!

1 Like

Cyborg is back next episode, as is Danny.

Loved this episode.
So glad Silas didn’t die by Cyborg’s hand.
I still don’t trust him, but that would’ve been too much baggage for Vic.

I laughed out lad when Jane ripped the S off Cliff’s head.

Love Flex.
He will come in real helpful as a mediator between Larry and ‘Sparky’. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

‘laughed out loud’

Well if there is one thing I can say about is that Flex, and Mr. Nobody took the words right out of our mouths about Cliff, and the show. That and many more in my video review: https://youtu.be/CQrupLPjBek

2 Likes

This was a fantastic follow up to cyborg patrol that pays off a lot of what mr. Nobody promised. Cyborg really grew up in the span of two scenes as well as being seriously conflicted since the show began. He definitely had reason for a lot of his hesitation. Rita finally revealing her secret that she was a madame in exchange for roles was both obvious and still left field enough to make me shocked. Cliff and Jane’s more playful banter in exchange for not getting rid of but toning down her abrasive attitude was great and larry and the spirit’s connection grows stronger each episode.

The real MVPs of this episode though were man of muscle mystery Flex freakin Mentallo and his equally tragic and humorous story and the continuously great Mr. Nobody. The best scene though was cliff punching his tv acting like he wanted to fight only for flex to tear up and break down. Come on only in doom patrol could such a subversion be comical, in character, and appropriate for a scene.

And giving us ed asner for a scene when that guy gave us the best voice for granny goodness was appropriate for the reveal because of course ed asner is still a villain even when it isnt him.lol also that great cutaway from mr. Nobody’s evil rant… again only on doom patol could that have been done so well and yet so over the top. But that ending all i can say is where is my doom patrol merch dc

6 Likes

Btw…
I think they’re waiting until the last episode airs before revealing anything about a Season 2 renewal to avoid spoilers.

I mean this is Mr. Nobody, the guy who wrecked the original Doom Patrol.
They may not all be surviving…

Or maybe Mr. Nobody wants to be the one that announces the renewal.

2 Likes

Man, I hope you’re right, @Leonardo

2 Likes

I say it’s time for Rita to make one of her classic Elisti girl giant fists and sucker punch Mr Nobody back to Silver Age limbo where he belongs!

Just sayin :sunglasses:

7 Likes

I about DIED when Ed Asner came out of that elevator!! I didn’t know he was still ALIVE!! And I had a feeling about him when he was talking to Rita, I figured he was either working for the DoN or was actually Mr. Nobody, he gave off that vibe. I love that he’s still getting roles, that his fame and career are still recognizable.

Side note: I freaking LOVE every time Mr. Nobody breaks the fourth wall, that just makes this show that much better!! Seriously though, what’s with all the cursing? It’s really not needed for the progression of the plotlines.

6 Likes

oh man, if I could flex once and make the bed, I’d never leave the house

see, relatable characters, why I love Doom Patrol … Flex is me with DCTV … turn on, tune in, drop out

2 Likes

I mean he’s like me watching TV, I don’t look like him, are you kidding me

2 Likes

I’m just glad to see the Bureau of Normalcy, Agent Forsythe, returning in these episodes! He’s a hard-working, diligent, Agent of the Bureau, that happens to be a little misunderstood… All he is doing is trying to bring the best out of each of these Ant Farm subjects. Captain Trainor? Forsythe brought the Negative Spirit out of him to make Larry and Sparky’s relationship stronger… Flex Mentallo? Forsythe gave him the gift of a great beard and a life-long love for Soap Opera storytelling. The list goes on and on. Granted, he doesn’t use the best methods, but he gets the job done. Let’s hope for more of this young chap in the future, I’m pretty sure he would be a huge asset to help Mr. Nobody with his noble cause!
Keep up the great work with Doom Patrol, and let’s hope it runs for 28 seasons all with a young Agent Forsythe helping the rag-tag team of superheroes to bring their “A” Game, one episode at a time!

2 Likes

Okay I got a question…maybe I missed the answer in an episode…how is it that the Room Patrol isn’t aging???..They all should be old…In this episode, Flex Armstrong looked the same; his wife looked 50 years older.

2 Likes

Flex is cool and Alan Tudyk is amazing but Jane got on my last nerves in this episode and now I officially hate her!

1 Like

Cliff stuttering on tv and the bad quality of the production was perfect and it is always fun to see Brendan fraser acting in action. Hus stuttering and stilted no sold the whole thing

2 Likes