Dear DC Diary

I read more Justice Society

6 Likes

it looks like maybe he had variants throughout the movie (:heart_eyes:)

his nose is flapping in the wind but the pouches are awesome!

5 Likes

Dear DC diary,

I’m on a conference call for work, and little do they (my client) know that I am noodling about with figures of Cyborg, the John Stewart Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter as I listen to them detail an upcoming project.

To paraphrase Gordon Gecko, multitasking…is good. Multitasking…works.

3 Likes

Which Cyborg figure, specifically? Been clamoring for a 6/7” scale one (preferably 7” to go with McF). The old DC Direct version has caught my eyes for some time.

And… uh… focus on work, yeah…

3 Likes

This 'un! :point_down:t2:

One of his three accessories is a clip-on chainsaw. How many other Cyborg figures have attachable chainsaws? Answer: none (that I know of offhand, at least).

DC Universe Classics is (as always) the answer:

Elsewhere, there’s the DC Icons iteration (also available in the Rebirth Justice League box set, but sans accessories):

4 Likes

5 Likes

Dear DC diary,

I’m in the mood for some fun-filled, ass-kickery and fictional destruction as only DC can provide. So, for this weekend, should I…

• Watch Man of Steel again.
  • Watch Justice League: War again.
  • Watch The Suicide Squad again.
  • All of the above.

0 voters

Also diary, the hunt for Eartha Kitt’s Catwoman and the Crime Syndicate’s Ultraman has begun.

3 Likes

Dear DC Diary,

i want Batman’s different batsuits to be distinctly catalogued the way Iron Man’s armor is (MKIII, Silver Centurion, Stealth, etc.). get on that.

3 Likes

“Iron Man Sucks” is the name to one of my batsuits.

3 Likes

that’s your password! you’re gonna get hacked!

3 Likes

You underestimate my bats. They are so brilliant with computers.

3 Likes

Dear DC Diary,

i posted this three years ago

and now with Superman and the Authority, i kind of feel like i’m getting that wish!

5 Likes

Dear DC diary,

John Williams is, without question, the greatest modern film composer. His work is top-tier, and we DC fans are lucky to have had his talent touch our neck of the pop culture woods via Superman: The Movie (whose main theme was also used for the Ruby Spears Superman TV series in 1988).

Williams wrote quite the apropos love theme for Lois and Superman (Clark) via this piece:

24 years after composing the score for Superman: The Movie in 1978, Williams wrote this piece for another sci-fi couple who, like Lois and Clark, were literally from different planets and whose love spans the stars:

Now, listen to Across The Stars (one of the few truly great things from Episode II) and tell me you can’t see Superman imagery accompanying that lovely tune.

See, you can see it as a piece for Lois and Clark, which is :superman:uper, just…:superman:uper!

4 Likes

5 Likes

John Williams is one of few artists I consider to be “Legendary” tier.

Familiar with both tracks, but never thought of Across The Stars as a possible Lois & Clark theme. I like that take!

5 Likes

It only donned on me a few days ago that it could pass as that.

I thought to myself “Self, one is by Williams, sci-fi-based and deals with the love of two people from two different worlds. Then there’s Across the Stars which has the same parameters and fits the Superman mold like a glove!”

Thank you, and I’m glad you’re enjoying it.

I used to listen to Across The Stars with a “Too bad it wasn’t written for a better on-screen romance.” mentality, but now…I listen to it under the framework of Superman and think “It accompanies the greatest love story of the DC Universe.”, which adds all-new enjoyment to a beautiful piece of music turning 20 years young this year.

4 Likes

Dear DC Diary,

It’s Ramadan, and with that comes obligatory binging of stuffs to kill time while fasting. On the docket:

• Justice League and Justice League Unlimited.
  • Man of Steel, Batman V Superman, Zack Snyder’s Justice League marathon
  • Some Batman Beyond
  • Maybe a Chris Reeve Superman movie marathon.
  • Last time I watched Adam West, George Reeves, or Lynda Carter was a long long time ago. Maybe stream a few episodes of each.
  • Some Lois & Clark in HD?
  • The Batman comes out on HBO Max in a couple weeks, so that will make for a nice afternoon.

I think that’s a nice list. There’s a lot of DC stuff I haven’t watched (oodles of animated Batman stuff, 90’s Flash, Superboy, Birds of Prey… to name a few)… but I keep sticking to what’s familiar.

One day I’ll branch out.

6 Likes

Dear DC Diary,

somebody made a demo of Superman-like physics on Unreal 5

and that article led me down the rabbit hole of canceled/abandoned Superman game projects, like this whole thread

and this Japanese-developed Superman-inspired game that’s apparently free on Steam??

3 Likes

These all look really cool. A full fledged open world Superman game would be great to see. Modern console games is where I start to show my age though. Just give me a good Superman side scroller beat ‘em up with decent graphics and simple controls.

I should find me an emulator.

4 Likes

if you like retro games, you might have heard about an “unreleased” (:eyes:) NES Superman game made by Sunsoft

3280944_orig

the developer lost the license, so they did a palette swap to “Sunman”

Sunman_and_Superman_NES_gameplay_screenshot_comparison

which was also “unreleased” (:eyes:)

unfortunately both versions are “unreleased” (:eyes:)

3 Likes