Dear DC Diary

Inspired by the “Dear Journal” thread in the Iceberg Lounge, a thread to jot down your DC thoughts, happenings, adventures, and misadventures.

18 Likes

Dear DC Diary,

Superman & Lois is back tonight, one of my weekly highlights when the show is on. Wonder when & how the Kent family, and their friends, weather the current storms.

Dropped some comics recently: Wonder Woman Evolution and Dark Knights of Steel. Neither has managed to hold my attention. May go back and finish ‘em up when they’re on the service.

Also dropping Green Lantern after issue 12. The search for a streamlined, easy to follow Green Lantern book continues. Maybe I need to dig into older stuff, because the last two runs have not been my cup o’ tea.

Bendis’ run on JL is over. I’m a Bendis fan, and I liked his run overall, but this didn’t feel like his best effort. Too many dangling plot threads. What’s with Naomi’s uber level of power? Why was the Royal Flush Gang hiring fake Deathstrokes to do their bidding? Questions that bug me, among others.

Currently rewatching DCAU Justice League on HBO Max. What a great show. Also watched the first two episodes of Batman Beyond for the first time. Did enough to get me interested in watching more, but will be a slow burn.

Speaking of slow burns, just finished Action Comics 1041. Great Midnighter issue that highlights the very different methods he & Clark use. Was also awesome to see how Clark is inspiring the Warzoons. I love Phillip Kennedy Johnson’s deliberately paced story. The tease that some of Clark’s powers are returning got me excited.. At some point, I hope we get some all out confrontation(s) that will put the “action” in “Action Comics”.

On the collecting front… I’m holding back a bit. Found myself pre-ordering all sorts of McFarlane figures that I wasn’t that serious about. The Batman Beyond 5 pack, the Crime Syndicate Build a Starro, another Joker, CW Flash. Was even looking up old figures I passed on, like the animated ones and CW Green Arrow. Held back on all the above. Don’t want the collection to lose its focus, plus I’m running out of real-estate. Here’s hoping Todd starts making more of the stuff I actually want. May still go back hunt down those animated figures though :thinking:

13 Likes

Ok so my thoughts : I watched the Batman last week one of the best movies i have seen in a while my birthday is next month and i will get some money for new funko pops and i started watching Naomi but got distracted and now i have missed 3 episodes i wanna try to watch the watchmen but can’t find it anywhere and yeah :face_exhaling:

12 Likes

Happy Birthday in advance!

Pretty sure it’s on HBO Max.

11 Likes

Thank u!!,

Thank u!

10 Likes

Fun idea @moro I’ll give it a shot.

Dear DC Diary,

Still going steady on my second read-through of Wonder Woman’s main title. I’m up to 2019. Not a bad issue in the bunch, even if some of them make absolutely no sense (actually, those might be my favorites).

I have been spending more money than I should to put the finishing touches on my room. Of course, every time I think I have finished up there are more things that I find out about. But honestly, I needed a third light-up Wonder Woman. No one can deny that.

Speaking of which, we are living in a golden age of Wonder Woman action figures. Macfarlane keeps putting out awesome figures. Normally WW gets short shrift in that department compared to Superman or particularly Batman, but not lately.

I plunked down a couple of dollars to buy DC Super Hero Girls season 2 and I can’t believe I waited this long. I thought it would come to Netflix (and for all I know it will as soon as I have watched them all), but after finding out it was only $8 for the season (and I had a $5 credit), I was shaking my head at waiting. I don’t watch a lot of TV or movies, so this is a rare splurge for me.

Next I would like to rent the Snyder cut. Loved the original and am looking forward to a different take on it.

To finish, I would like to thank the typing tutor program I took all those years ago so I can dash out my thoughts so quickly. No way I would have actually written all of this down by hand.

11 Likes

I read more Justice Society.

13 Likes

Second read through? That’s dedication for ya!

I can relate. It never ends, my friend. I’ve accepted that it’s an ongoing project with its ebbs and flows.

11 Likes

Very succinct, Bats! Hope you’re enjoying :slightly_smiling_face:.

10 Likes

Of course I am enjoying the greatest ongoing series ever made.

9 Likes

Hey @msgtv, now they’re taking our ideas! :laughing: Just playing around, this is a cool idea @moro.:grinning:

8 Likes

You know… I was out of original ideas today :joy:

8 Likes

LOL!:rofl:

7 Likes

Dear DC Dairy,
I like it, the way young Clark likes milk and Lana.
MSGTV

8 Likes

6 Likes

Dear DC Diary…

My gurl @DC89 has some explainin’ to do, ABOUT THIS!

Why. The. Hell. Is the bathtub BLOCKING THE DOOR?! How did Babs even get in this bathroom? Through the vent?

10 Likes

Second (less important) question: who puts a plunger out there like that?

Awaiting answers from @DC89!

7 Likes

This feels like a page out of the Dr. Seuss book, Wacky Wednesday.

7 Likes

5 Likes

Why not just draw in a standing tub that doesn’t block the door :sob:

And that plunger!!! Dear heavens, the plunger :sob: why

Side note: I enjoy that shade of pink

9 Likes