DCUI: What Do You Like About DC Universe Infinite? And What Would You Change?

Yes. I haven’t mentioned it before because I know my phone has some memory issues (just not bad enough to buy a new one yet) but it does consistently happen there.

6 Likes

10 days with no update. My Dive Back In bar is entirely comics I’ve read. Is anyone working on this?

5 Likes

Hi @RexTyler. I am very sorry, but I have not received any updates yet. You can send a support ticket here, https://support.dcuniverse.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

5 Likes

Two messages to Customer Service. Very frustrating that you can’t get a straight answer on any problems with this app, ever. It really seems like no one is working on it.

4 Likes

100% this!

I’d like to be able to add multiple series to one list and then sort the issues by publication date.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community, new friend :slight_smile:

Thank you for the feedback!

5 Likes

My two biggest requests:

1. make it easier to find more comics by the same creator of the comic I’m reading by letting me click on the creator’s name in the book description and that action bringing me to other books they’ve worked on in the catalogue.

And

1. display the month/year right under the cover icons on the home page, particularly in the recently read list. This helps my sort/prioritize which books I’m reading or at least place them in context with one another.
9 Likes

Welcome to the community and thank you for your suggestions! I’ll be sure to note them down :slight_smile:

6 Likes

One more request, when you’ve pulled up a particular issue and you want to see more from that series, it should start from that issue. For example, if you just finished Batman 488 and want to see the series, it’s probably because you want to see which issues are before and after that one, not to go back to #1 and have to scroll back to 489.

Also, absolutely LOVE this service!

8 Likes

The android app needs some love.

7 Likes

Hey there longtime lurker and I just wanted to come out from under my rock and make some suggestions I haven’t seen on here (and if I missed them add me to the list!)

1. With the nebulous state of Comixology currently, id love it if there was an option to buy (and subscribe) to DC titles on the app (id rather give my money directly to Jim Lee than Jeff Bazos to be Frank.) - I know that the Ultra tier gets books 30 days after their release but nonetheless, id prefer to buy my digital content directly from the vendor.

2. Id like to see the UX improved, I’ve been here since the get-go (9.2018), and while the app has gone through some major changes (I.e. the removal of all non-comic book media, shows, and movies) I’ve seen scant improvement to the UX. You’ve started a book and you’re not into it, well, it’s stuck in your “currently reading” until you zoom to the end… browsing titles can be cumbersome, and if you’re reading a Graphic Novel enjoy the book snapping back to the title page, or issue one and or, the book dropping into single issue format out of order. To nitpick a few things. I just think after 6 years on the app, and the addition of an “exclusive” (ultra) tier the app would have gone through a functional upgrade by now…I mean we’re on version 3.11.1 but it still feels like 1.2 in some ways.

Bonus Thought: It’d be cool if the books that have been read would be dimmed or something. Kind of like on Letterboxd when you’ve watched a movie.

I’ll get off my soap box now. Thanks for stopping by my TedTalk.

10 Likes

Welcome back to posting in the community @Prometheus357! :wave:

Thank you for your valuable suggestions and feedback - I’ve noted these down internally for the team to take a look at.

Reasons Im Broke Clap GIF - Reasons Im Broke Clap Clapping GIFs

Please don’t hesitate to come out from underneath your rock or jump on the soap box some more and feel free to let the moderator team know if you need anything. :batparrot:

7 Likes

Thank you for the great suggestion, @p.r.rodriguez.27257! I’ve noted this down for the team as well; I’m glad to hear you’re enjoying the service. :smiley:

Hey @james.champion83! :wave: Can you elaborate on what you mean by this? More detail ensures our team is best equipped to implement feedback from our community.

6 Likes

Welcome back to the community @Prometheus357!

6 Likes

Everything Prometheus357 said is what I really wanted to say, but much more succinctly said than I could.

The Dive Back In section is awful. I prefer graphic novels. Once you’re done it forces you into something else, a regular issue, usually part of the graphic novel you just finished, and then it’s stuck in your current reading until you read enough comics tomake it drop down the list. Found a book you just don’t dig? Too bad, here is is until you read enough comics to make it drop down the list.

Until recently, the “Flash by Joshua Williamson” thing wouldn’t even load. Finally it did after several weeks.

Trying to read a full storyline of a book that goes throughout multiple books is a nightmare unless you plan on reading it in one sitting.

My wife has an ipad and I tried the app there, holy crap I was impressed, and I dislike apple products mostly.

Also, uploading omnibus editing would be cool.

Android needs a refresh.

5 Likes

Thank you for your feedback, it’s much appreciated :raised_hands:

6 Likes

Pretty much everything you’re describing is also a problem on iOS. The app should have been updated long ago - doesn’t seem like anyone is really working on it. The same comments have been in these threads for years now.

5 Likes

See, for me it seemed to function better than the android app, but I haven’t played with it but for more than a few minutes as it is her iPad.

And yeah, it does feels like it’s falling on deaf ears.

6 Likes

The feature I would like the most is the ability to re-order books within a collection or a list.

6 Likes

Hi @steve.menendian.82853. Thank you for the feedback. I have passed it along to the team.

6 Likes