DCUI: What Do You Like About DC Universe Infinite? And What Would You Change?

Hello @Moderators,
One thing I’d like DC Universe Infinite to be able to change is to be able to delete old DM messages, There’s like a few old DM messages I have that I would like to delete on my own, I think it’s ridiculous to have to keep flagging you guys saying I want to delete this, can you delete that? Thankyou. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thank you, @Reaganfan78, for the request. While we are always happy to help, we recognize the convenience factor at play here and will see what the technical team thinks. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hey hey @Reaganfan78–thanks for giving us that feedback. Unfortunately, that is something that will remain functionally the same for the foreseeable future. While I can definitely understand why that might be frustrating, there are things that are higher on the priority list for the product managers and developers at DC/WB.

I wasn’t around when this thread was started, but from what I can tell, it seems like this thread is mainly for requests regarding the DCUI comic reader, rather than this community site.

4 Likes

Some feedback on Q&A talent subjects:

It’s really nice to get talent here promoting a book that’s about to come out. But, speaking as a fan… that is not the most useful time to have someone for a Q&A. We haven’t actually read the comic yet, so we can’t ask them our questions about it. We certainly can’t ask them for spoilers about what’s GOING to happen. So very little information that is actually useful or enlightening to a comic fan ends up being exchanged. I would like to request that future Q&A subjects should be in a position to speak about a work, or works, which are already accessible to the community.

8 Likes

I agree with you, I’ve notice in the past, when actors from Stargirl were here for Q & A, there’s some of them I know so little, maybe after a few episodes of watching and getting to know the characters really help.
As for comic artist or writer, it would be great to know a bit about them and see their past work, so I or anybody can ask a right question. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Hey HCQ–appreciate the feedback!

While we understand your point here, I think claiming that “very little” useful or enlightening information in this Q&A is a inaccurate. Many, if not most, of the questions already asked (including the one you asked) are great questions, and are compelling enough to get some good insight from the talent. Particularly for this first issue, and even more so for Doom Patrol fans, there is certainly enough information to enlighten community members. While Unstoppable Doom Patrol isn’t out yet, the Q&A itself will still be insightful, as Dennis and Chris are absolutely in a position to share details about their approach, thoughts, processes, etc.

Thanks again for the feedback!
Jitsu

5 Likes

I’ll admit “very little” was probably not the most tactful way to put that, but I do still believe we’d benefit from being able to discuss a work with the creative team after it’s been published. Would like to see that happen!

6 Likes

And we’re happy to make note of the feedback. Thank you, HCQ :slight_smile:

And you too @Reaganfan78!

7 Likes

Just for the people who run the DCUI site, I thought they did a good job curating the Shazam stuff for people with memberships but wish they had included something other than the Cereal Lord back-ups from the New 52 as the free to new users, since I ended up spending more time and energy telling people about Billy and Captain Marvel or explaining the Shazfamily than I feel I should.

I often find that when I want to introduce people to DC, sending them to the free material is a good way to introduce them to the app experience/site experience of reading digital classics on line, and to introduce them to DC from the comics side, versus from the animated or live action stuff.

6 Likes

We appreciate the feedback, thank you! I’ll make a note of this :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’ve mentioned this a few times over the years but thought I’d bring it up again: I think it would be really neat if there was a “Random Comic” button.

9 Likes

Ooh that really would be neat. I’ll add this to our list again, thank you :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’d love it if we could read from DCUI on the Roku like we could when it was DCU

6 Likes

I’m sure you’re not the only one who misses that feature, @Jurisdiction! I’ve passed along that you’d like to be able to do that again. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks!!

4 Likes

I really miss how a show’s episode would feature a mini graphic of the comic that it was adapted from back during the DCU days. Incredibly informative little add on there. It’d be super cool if we could have something like that for DCUI’s current comics catalog.
:smiley:

6 Likes

That does sounds like a great feature to have! I’ve passed along this request for you, @DC89. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you! :smiley:

5 Likes

For dcui ultra I’d really like the service to continue adding the collected editions and omnibuses that come out with time

6 Likes

Hey there, thanks for the feedback. Generally speaking, we have been adding collected editions into our digital library on a rolling basis, so be sure to keep an eye out for the content you’re looking for! I’m happy to note that you’d like this process to continue, of course :slight_smile:

6 Likes