DCUI: What Do You Like About DC Universe Infinite? And What Would You Change?

Totally understand where you’re coming from, and I GREATLY appreciate your response in clarifying the matter!

Maybe one day they’ll switch things up or come up with some kind of system to allow for written expression. Who knows what the future holds!

Also, I’d really love to have Level 3 Clearance if you could hit ya boi up with that :joy:

5 Likes

Of course, that’s what I’m here for!

Maybe one day, you’re right. We truly don’t know what the future will hold.

Since you just created your account 2 days ago, the system is limiting your promotion to level 3. While you have passed almost all of our requirements to become a level 3 member, the one thing that has not been fulfilled is visitation days. In about 8 days (if you keep visiting every day), you should receive your level 3 clearance and gain access to the iceberg lounge along with eeeeverything else. Don’t sweat it too much until then! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

yayyyyyyy, expect me on daily for the foreseeable future lol I’ll be frickin unofficial moderator at that point jkjkjkjk :rofl:

5 Likes

So I’ve been subscribed to DCUI for about a year but because the website’s formatting has always given me issues navigating and staying logged in on my browser I’ve only recently figured out this message forum exists and is useable (and used by many people apparently!) I wish there was a simple way to queue comics in a sequence before entering the reader, so that subscribers don’t have to navigate unwieldy and slow-loading tile system every time we finish an issue and want to jump to something under a different title. Obviously with decades worth of crossovers and a variety of preferred ways to read through them noone can really expect DCUI staff to create every possible variant reading order into a “collection.” So give us just a little basic functionality make our own lists of issues ourselves! That doesn’t seem really seem like such a big ask since the functionality apparently already exists.

3 Likes

Automatically loading the next issue in a user’s list when reading is a great suggestion indeed! Thank you, I’ll be sure to make note your feedback :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yup and just going off that it would be nice if the lists themselves could be viewed in… a drop down list, maybe with basic publication details, page count etc to the right side. Kind of like how any File folder on Windows or Finder Window on Mac allows you to see a graphical icon OR text details about a specific piece of content. This is more than just convenience, it’s an accessibility issue.

3 Likes

So a few suggestions after jumping back into DCUI for the first time in awhile:

1. A pull list feature like i mentioned in a previous post, to easily follow new issues when they’re added.

2. Please add a way to show if an issue has already been read without having to click into the issue details. Wild that isn’t already part of the app. In addition allow us to mark an issue as “Read.”

3. Fixing sorting and filtering. Allow us to sort a series by oldest issue or newest issue first. Make filters actually work (I am using an iPad Pro M1 on latest iPadOS and this feature barely works).

4. Remove the “Videos” section from the settings. This hasn’t applied to DCUI for a long time now.

Curious if there are any plans for an app update with any UI/Navigation updates in the near future? It’d be so awesome to see the app improve.

5 Likes

Welcome back to the community @cmhax and thank you for the valuable feedback. Unfortunately, we don’t have any information to share regarding potential updates for the UI or Navigation features, but I’ll pass along all of your suggestions to the team. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I would also second a revamp of the filtering and search. In 2023, the current method is very old school.

REQUEST: PLEASE please please mark books that I have read somehow. I am constantly losing my place (after spending too much time finding a series again, reloading, rescrolling, getting back to the end of a run to find it), and then inevitably I dive back into an issue that I have already read, and then I have to backtrack through the muck again. :frowning: :frowning:

7 Likes

Thank you for the suggestions and feedback, @mtkooiman.8586, and welcome to the Community! It’s great to have you here, and please let us know if there’s anything we can help you with.

3 Likes

I just moved from an iPad to a Surface, was quite disappointed to find there is no Windows app. Even more disappointed that the app won’t allow me to login when running in an Android Emulator like Windows subsystem for Android. Any chance one of these could be fixed? I’ve been a member since before the service launched and have upgraded to ultra. Reading via a browser is not a good experience and having no offline access is even worse.

2 Likes

We do not have an app for desktop/non-mobile devices, no. I apologize if the comic reader on the browser platform is unideal for you. I’ve made note of your feedback for now and thank you for taking the time to share it with us.

2 Likes

my membership lapsed and i didn’t get an email or notification.
i think members should get that heads up or an expedited re-up on the site.

strategically; with Ultra, the premium should not exceed the $75 annual fee and the basic “infinite” annual price should be averaged down to $45-$55. perhaps the monthly or even a 24hr pass should be elevated to a further premium. just my opinion.

3 Likes

We appreciate your feedback! I’ll be sure to make note of your comments.

4 Likes

When I search for anything, mixed in with the results are blank series pages with 0 issues inside them. Are you planning on fixing this? It’s unattractive and makes the app look cheap and buggy.

3 Likes

Are you able to provide the exact titles/series you’ve seen this issue in so we can investigate?

3 Likes

The most recent occurrence was when I was looking up an old issue of The Flash to see if it was available (#290, from 1980), and I noticed the blank entry in the Series section with 0 issues inside. This was on the iPad app. When I tried to replicate it on the website on my laptop, that Series listing contained one Flash collection. That brings up a whole other issue: No rhyme or reason for how collections are organized, often without any thumbnail image, sometimes with a single volume isolated from others. I get that this was a big influx of new material, but it’s been months now, and I don’t recall it being this messy anytime in the past (such as when DCU became DCUI). Too messy, considering you are charging $99 (as a promo price!), with no monthly option. I’ve been a subscriber since day pre-orders opened on the ORIGINAL DC Universe, and this Ultra upgrade has been very disappointing.

Update: I just searched for a Wonder Woman issue on my iPad and encountered the same blank Series listing/0 issues phenomenon. And again, when I tried it on the website on my laptop, I got a listing for one collection, but still no thumbnail for the Series listing.

4 Likes

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. I’m very sorry to hear that ULTRA has not been a very ideal upgrade for you; we sincerely appreciate your honest input on the matter.

I’ve passed your feedback on to our team as well as the context you’ve provided about the organization of collections here. Thanks again!

4 Likes

Not sure if this is the right spot for this but whenever I get a message in my inbox in the MyDCU page it takes forever to clear. I’m talking about the messages about the codes for the Gotham Knights game.

I’ve clicked the link to let it know I’ve seen the message but the next time I open a new page, I get the notification on the bottom of my page saying I have a new message, and it is the same message I have already seen. It is mostly annoying and not important, but I thought it should be mentioned.

I hope this makes sense. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

This is definitely in the right place! Thank you for letting us know about this pain point, I’ll be sure to make note of it for our team to check out :slight_smile:

4 Likes