DCUI: What Do You Like About DC Universe Infinite? And What Would You Change?

I don’t have an Android phone, so I had one of our other mods look into it on their phone and they could not recreate it. But, this is good to know, you might want to add this to your Customer Service ticket, just so the tech team has all available information.

1 Like

Essential Reading
Doesn’t work

3 Likes

I’m happy with DCUI so far but I really need a dark mode for the app and not just the community. I tried changing it on my app account settings and couldn’t figure it out/find it.

I also would like the community being on the app like it use to be. Going back and forth between the browser and the app plus having to log in multiple times in between is not the best. Specially when you are adding comics to lists from post etc.

5 Likes

Assuming this doesn’t get fixed, can I put in a formal suggestion for more sorting options for the user lists in the next app update? Specifically, “Z-A” and “Earliest Created”. The user lists needed more sorting options anyway (both ascending and descending for alphabetical and date), but they especially need them now that this error has cropped up. Until these are added, I guess I’m just going to have be swiping to the bottoms of my lists. An “Earliest Created” sort option would have solved this problem for me immediately. Thanks.

4 Likes

So yes I do really like how I can click to the DC content on HBO Max directly from the DCUI menu, and it remembers my HBO Max account credentials. And yes we’re paying more for it, but we get a lot more current content linked to DCUI, so that was done well, all things considered.

The site is a lot less buggy than it was at initial launch this morning, so kudos to the hardworking techies.

I thought there were going to be changes to the comics reading experience. I haven’t noticed anything new. But it’s working fine for me, so there’s that.

4 Likes

As an experiment, I rolled the app back to the previous version (1.56) and my comics lists went back to normal, with everything in the order that I added them. So, whatever this problem is, it’s 100% a problem with the latest update to the app itself and how it is displaying the comics lists.

My Harleen list on the old app, displaying correctly:

3 Likes

This app is amazing! I’ve been having a lot of fun and now is even better with the new update. But the comic reader needs work and I’m requesting a hybrid between page to page and panel to panel reading like this :point_down:t3::

This is from ComiXology and Marvel Unlimited and they’ve had it for a long time now.
Than you for your attention and keep the good work!

7 Likes

I’d like to be able to access the Community on the app instead of being redirected to Safari.

3 Likes

So far, the reading experience seems to be smoother, however a few issues and requests.
On the iPad app, I do not see the search by date option in comics.
Although, I do like the progress bar on comics which carried over, I would request that it show up throughout the app.
I still think a way to mark as read separately would be good as well.
Some additional search functionality like for read or not read and perhaps an alphabetical index bar to allow you to go straight to a letter would be very useful.
Dark mode for the app would be nice as well
As to the community, so far so good, seems more responsive and the new bars on the drop down menu for notices are great.
Although, with the current separation between community and comics, I still would love a feature that linked reviews of comics to them, so perhaps new chats with folks with similar interest could evolve.
Thanks for all the hard work, I think you’re off to a very good start, I do look forward to all the improvements that we will see as this app continues to grow.

3 Likes

Lolz

1 Like

I’m glad to hear you’re liking it and things are working well, @mylehigh2000.28963!

Thanks for the suggestion, @thedarkvividi! I’m glad you’re finding the app to be amazing, that is the goal. :slight_smile:

Thanks for letting us know, @VengeanceNightBatman! The Community will be opening in your browser from now on, though. You can read more here.

Thanks for all your great suggestions, @RexRebel. I’ve passed them along and we really appreciate them all!

I’m sorry you’re having this problem, @Reforged. Is this in the app, or the browser?

3 Likes

Thanks for letting me know. I’m sorry to hear dark mode keeps resetting for you, I’ll pass that along. In the bar on the top, the second from the left is “DC Infinite”, which will take you to the comics, and the fourth one over is “DC Community”, which will take you to the homepage for the Community. Hopefully one of those is what you’re looking for. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I see what you mean. Thanks for being so descriptive, I’m passing that right along too. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What is content viewership alerts?

3 Likes

If I have to guess, it’s probably a warning before reading a black label comics, like on TV Viewers discretion advice warning before the show starts.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I don’t really see any difference. The All Comics section is telling me there are only 1279 comics. And looks like big chunks are missing from things like Action Comics (1939-2011). I didn’t expect that.

1 Like

And other Golden Age comics

2 Likes

…I think you’re a little late to the party, lad.

3 Likes

Greg Capullo’s name is spelled incorrectly in the filters.

1 Like

I like how I can freely browse even without subscription to see what the library offers but why is the core Watchmen series missing?
I’ve also seen a lot of complaints about not being able to sort issues by publications and no “read” badge which Marvel Unlimited had for years.

2 Likes