DCUI: What Do You Like About DC Universe Infinite? And What Would You Change?

Some of my friends who live in other countries ask when will this app be launched in their country.

6 Likes

add encyclopedia section in app.

6 Likes

Hey there, @WizardShazam! Glad to hear youā€™re enjoying the app!

From what I can recall, thereā€™s been a lot of interest (on our side and yours) to create an official Twitter account. I donā€™t have any other info to provide on that sadly, but rest assured that we hear you!

Iā€™ve also noted these two other things for consideration. Thanks for your input! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Iā€™m sorry to hear about all these frustrations with the app, @comicbookjerk. Iā€™ve passed all these points along as feedback ā€“ we appreciate you taking the time to bring it to our attention.

Thank you!

4 Likes

Thanks! Iā€™m currently reading the LEGENDS story that was the first post Crisis event in 1986. Itā€™s an interesting story but i have to keep going back to story line section to read next part of storyā€¦kinda frustraiting lol

6 Likes

If I could suggest something I would really love if the community link on the start page targeted _blank or _self instead of _dc-brand-community. Often I keep browsing to other places in the opened tab later. Then later when I want to go back to the community I click on the link on the start page but since it is a named tab it will now try to open the community in the existing tab that I am using to browse elsewhere now. Most times it leads to nothing happening (the community link is dead), which means I have to close my tab that I was using for something else to reach the community.

5 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion @Pow-Pow, Iā€™ve added this to the list to be passed along to the team. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

So after 40 years of going to the comic book store, picking up my pull list and loving DC. Iā€™m fully reading all my new series here and loving seeing all the old series I have in many boxes contained on my tablet.

What I struggle with is the process of the weekly comics coming out. What I mean is, why isnā€™t there some kind of personalized pull list and notifications for the app? Like choose all the new series you read and when a new issue comes out it a) notifies you like every other app does; and b) automatically puts that issues in your pull ā€œfolder.ā€ And if youā€™re going crazy, add in that it leaves your pull folder when youā€™ve read it!

I know right now you can create lists and the titles are all there, but a) if you donā€™t check you donā€™t know; and b) when you open that title youā€™re at the very first issue and have to scroll all the way to the bottom to find if a new issue has come out.

It just doesnā€™t feel very user friendlyā€¦and if you skip a week of looking at the LATEST RELEASES you have to go and look at EVERY one of your favorite titles to see if a new one came out.

Anyway just feels like it could easily mimic the subscription/notification process when your favorite books come out.

Think that the app is great and very happy with it overall. Thx

7 Likes

I just wanted to point out, in case you didnā€™t know about it, that both monthly and weekly release threads are posted in the Watchtower section here, so you can better keep track of which series have new issues and when, without having to check each and every one individually.

6 Likes

That would be a nice feature, though as stated above, I just check the release list if I miss a week.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @gslentino! :partying_face: Thank you for the fantastic feedback; Iā€™ve added this to the list for our team to take a look at. In the meantime, as other users have noted, Iā€™d recommend taking a look at the ā€œLatest Releasesā€ threads we post each month - you may find these helpful. Here is our thread for October: What's New on DCUI: October 2021.

Please feel free to let the moderator team know if you need anything! :batparrot:

7 Likes

That is a good piece of information - thank you! Havenā€™t yet looked too much at the different Community features.
Thx

5 Likes

Having returned to DC after some time away, I have to say i like the improvements of the app since the last time I was a memberā€¦ Not to talk about Marvel too much but the new MU update took steps forward and some back, whereas DCUi seems to function really well

Few critiques though. Would love to properly sort/filter comic issues by date and year. I know this is likely an issue brought up often but the filtering system really doesnā€™t work this way even with the date range feature. It just gives series and not totally accurate either. I would like to read a whole year of DC comics seamlessly by date and if this was done properly it would go issue to issue

Another minor take is I would like to be able to start over an issue and not have it start at the end if ive read it. Its nice that reading history is saved but i was gone awhile and finding where i want to start up again can be annoying if i want to start a series over

Anyway, glad to be back. Just suggestions.

8 Likes

Hey @LK3185, welcome back to the DC community. :wave: Iā€™m glad to hear that you approve of the updates weā€™ve made since you last visited - thank you for your valuable feedback and Iā€™ve added both of your suggestions to our list that we forward to the team.

Please donā€™t hesitate to reach out to the moderator team if you need anything! :batparrot:

6 Likes

Your welcome, as for the second point about starting over an issue, it could just be having the option to make an issue unread and thus it will start from the beginning

Ive seen that other places

I know the filtering is likely more difficult process but wish list things

5 Likes

I would add more comics.

4 Likes

I kind of agree with him

4 Likes

I found a workaround if you want to clear your reading history. Its not on the series or issue page itself (it should be still ) but if you go into My Dc, comic history and click on the 3 dot symbol in the bottom right, you can mark a comic unread

More of a hassle if you have read alot I realize but still able to do it

6 Likes

I love the vast amount of contest, that being said it would be nice if the issues were organized by 100 or so a page. Iā€™m currently reading silver age Batman Detective Comics and it is tedious to get there by scrolling if I want to cherry pick issues.

8 Likes

Glad to have you back with us @mdaneyoshida.1610!

Thanks for that feedback :slight_smile:. Iā€™ll make note of it!

4 Likes