DCUI: What Do You Like About DC Universe Infinite? And What Would You Change?

Sort by date feature that actually sorts Comics by release date

6 Likes

Where did my bar on the home page go showing me all the series Iā€™ve recently read? The latest update makes it much more difficult for me to pick up a series where I left off.

5 Likes

There are times that I like to reread a favorite comic book, or series, but Iā€™ve noticed that re-reading/restarting a book is a pretty annoying task. Either you have to go into the book, and manually scroll back to the first page, or you have to scroll through every book youā€™ve read on the MyDC page to find the book to mark as unread. It would be nice if the ā€œmark unreadā€ option was more easily accessible like it is in Marvel Unlimited.

4 Likes

After the latest update I can no longer tap ā€œdownloadsā€ and view all the books I have in a larger view like I used to. (Still works for comic history for whatever reason.) I use the app a lot on the go and depend on my downloaded content for that.

Having said that, my phone is aging and starting to struggle with the app generally. So Iā€™m not sure if the download menu thing is across the board or just a ā€œmeā€ problem. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Might be better place for the help area but how am i using 3GB of Data when I donā€™t download comics? Is there a setting i have on thatā€™s causing this?

4 Likes

The app is terrible at getting rid of data no longer needed

The app will continue to eat up more and more disk space.

Going through all that unneeded data also makes the app slower and slower.

I Uninstall and then Install the app frequently

But

You lose downloads that way

4 Likes

I had save cache while reading on and i had alot of seemingly unnecessary dataā€¦ this may help you if you go through settings

4 Likes

I try eliminating cache and data first

But if that doesnā€™t work
I do as above.

4 Likes

Hey @HubCityQuestion, thanks for the report. This is an issue we are aware of and rest assured the team is taking a look into it. :slight_smile:

Hey @zooarch1980.75151, welcome back to the community! :partying_face: Thank you for the feedback; Iā€™ve added this to our list of feature requests for our team to take a look into. Please feel free to reach out to the moderator team should you need anything. :batparrot:

Hey @Angel212, thank you for the report. Can you let us know what kind of device you are using and the version? This will help our team take a look into this.

You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, clearing your cache/history, and restarting your device. Our Technical Support may be able to further help you; you can contact them at: yourdcu.com/submit. Theyā€™ll be able to assist you ASAP. :slight_smile:

Hey @LK3185, thank you for your report. Can you let us know what device you are using as well as the version? This will help our team better look into this issue.

You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, clearing your cache/history, and restarting your device. Our Technical Support may be able to further help you; you can contact them at: yourdcu.com/submit. Theyā€™ll be able to assist you ASAP. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I did the clear cache and history and that helped alot. I use an ipad the latest update but I was surprised how much space the cache/history usedā€¦ do i need to have that feature on for the app to work properly is my question?

If so, then it seems i will have to clear the cache every week

4 Likes

Itā€™s an iPhone 8 running the latest iOS 14 update (kinda donā€™t think this phone will survive a switch to iOS 15).

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting the phoneā€¦still no luck. I think the cache is empty? It says image cache size 0mb but maybe Iā€™m looking in the wrong placeā€¦

4 Likes

So, Iā€™d like an option to sub in app to specific comic runs. Take for instance the Harley Quinn (2021-). In the app, Iā€™d like there to be an option for me to receive notifications when an issue is added so I can keep up to date with my pulls.

Iā€™d also like an option for us to be able to mark comic issues or comic runs ourselves as having been read. For example, I may have read a certain issue somewhere else (paper copy or digital) or on a different application than the DC Infinite app (before it came out) and Iā€™d like to be able to mark them as having been read so I can keep track of what I have read and what I need to read. Similar to how the comiXology and the Marvel Unlimited apps give that option. And also an option to archive them.

Iā€™d love a better search in the app than how it is currently. Right now, when you search for (again, letā€™s say Harley Quinn) the results are all jumbled. Thereā€™s no option to see the most recent issues first, it just throws old and new all into a chaotic mix thatā€™s not even in any sort of order. Itā€™s frustrating. I want to be able to fine tune my searches.

As for this community website, please PLEASE make it ordered by most recent posts first. I see that you appear to have a ā€˜latestā€™ option on the search, but it DOES NOT WORK. I look in certain topics with the ā€˜latestā€™ selected on my search specifications and, hereā€™s one that just happened, I get shown posts made back in 2019, that also have not been recently commented on. Thereā€™s no reason that in 2021 I search for the most recent posts and I end up with posts from 2019 being the first result ahead of posts made THIS year.

Speaking of which, on this site, all my notifications for topic updates and new posts and watch party announcements come in a day late and a dollar short, so Iā€™m always late to the party because Iā€™m not notified in a timely manner. An example: I wanted to join a watch party but only got notified of it starting after it was over on the NEXT day, so I end up missing these things due to poor, late alerts.

Finally, please update with the latest issues in the app WHEN those issues are published. Weā€™re paying to read your comics digitally, paying, and when comics are released, they should also show up on the app same day.

Just overall: organization. Keeping things up to date. Better search. More options.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this! I really do love the app and hope to see it thrive even more. DC is one of my favorite comics publishers. In fact, if Iā€™m remembering correctly, I think the first comic I read was a DC comic. I believe it was The Killing Joke. Iā€™ve been hooked ever since.

6 Likes

Hey @MasterBruiseWayne! :wave: Thank you for the wonderful feedback; Iā€™ve taken note of all of your suggestions for organization and search options on our list for our team to take a look at as soon as possible.

Regarding the community website and your search and notification issues; can you let me know what device(s) and browser(s) you are encountering these problems on? I am not able to replicate the search problem on my end and having this information will help our technical team look into this. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I am using an iPhone 11 Pro Max, software version 15.1, with Safari 15.1

5 Likes

Thanks for the additional information! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

One other small suggestion: iā€™ve noticed a number of featured collections, like the Black Label and Milestone imprint.

It would be great if someone could organize all of the Young Animal imprint box into a single showcase collection that could be saved to lists.

I read BUG when it came out years ago, but Iā€™ve been reading Gerard wayā€™s DOOM PATROL, and the advertisements in it (yes there are advertisements on the digital version in DC Universe infinite) make me want to read the other series under the imprint.

The same is true of the ABC imprint. Reading one makes me wanna read the rest.

How convenient would it be to have them all in one collection?

6 Likes

Thank you for your the suggestion! I totally see the appeal :slight_smile:

6 Likes

When I joined DCUI, I found it really hard for me to change my profile picture and username. I tried asking Kelex but he/she/it was no help. I didnā€™t know I had to go to ā€œMy DCā€, or how to get there. It took me a few weeks before I figured out how to change my name and picture. I wish there was a way to change your username and picture right on the community page. Itā€™s not as intuitive as one might think, especially for a newcomer.

6 Likes

Going off of this, I wish changing your pfp would be easier. It never works first try, and while it shows up on dcui after a few tries, it takes so many attempts for the pfp to show on the community

5 Likes

When it comes to my Samsung tablet, I have a same problem, when changing a picture in my avatar, I canā€™t even tell itā€™s loaded til I learn a little trick, when changing avatar picture, look for a little flash of light and hit save, it should be there even if you donā€™t see it. Hope that help, same with the background picture. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes