DCUI: What Do You Like About DC Universe Infinite? And What Would You Change?

I just wanted to point out, in case you didn’t know about it, that both monthly and weekly release threads are posted in the Watchtower section here, so you can better keep track of which series have new issues and when, without having to check each and every one individually.

5 Likes

That would be a nice feature, though as stated above, I just check the release list if I miss a week.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @gslentino! :partying_face: Thank you for the fantastic feedback; I’ve added this to the list for our team to take a look at. In the meantime, as other users have noted, I’d recommend taking a look at the “Latest Releases” threads we post each month - you may find these helpful. Here is our thread for October: What's New on DCUI: October 2021.

Please feel free to let the moderator team know if you need anything! :batparrot:

6 Likes

That is a good piece of information - thank you! Haven’t yet looked too much at the different Community features.
Thx

5 Likes

Having returned to DC after some time away, I have to say i like the improvements of the app since the last time I was a member… Not to talk about Marvel too much but the new MU update took steps forward and some back, whereas DCUi seems to function really well

Few critiques though. Would love to properly sort/filter comic issues by date and year. I know this is likely an issue brought up often but the filtering system really doesn’t work this way even with the date range feature. It just gives series and not totally accurate either. I would like to read a whole year of DC comics seamlessly by date and if this was done properly it would go issue to issue

Another minor take is I would like to be able to start over an issue and not have it start at the end if ive read it. Its nice that reading history is saved but i was gone awhile and finding where i want to start up again can be annoying if i want to start a series over

Anyway, glad to be back. Just suggestions.

8 Likes

Hey @LK3185, welcome back to the DC community. :wave: I’m glad to hear that you approve of the updates we’ve made since you last visited - thank you for your valuable feedback and I’ve added both of your suggestions to our list that we forward to the team.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to the moderator team if you need anything! :batparrot:

5 Likes

Your welcome, as for the second point about starting over an issue, it could just be having the option to make an issue unread and thus it will start from the beginning

Ive seen that other places

I know the filtering is likely more difficult process but wish list things

5 Likes

I would add more comics.

4 Likes

I kind of agree with him

4 Likes

I found a workaround if you want to clear your reading history. Its not on the series or issue page itself (it should be still ) but if you go into My Dc, comic history and click on the 3 dot symbol in the bottom right, you can mark a comic unread

More of a hassle if you have read alot I realize but still able to do it

5 Likes

I love the vast amount of contest, that being said it would be nice if the issues were organized by 100 or so a page. I’m currently reading silver age Batman Detective Comics and it is tedious to get there by scrolling if I want to cherry pick issues.

7 Likes

Glad to have you back with us @mdaneyoshida.1610!

Thanks for that feedback :slight_smile:. I’ll make note of it!

4 Likes

Sort by date feature that actually sorts Comics by release date

6 Likes

Where did my bar on the home page go showing me all the series I’ve recently read? The latest update makes it much more difficult for me to pick up a series where I left off.

5 Likes

There are times that I like to reread a favorite comic book, or series, but I’ve noticed that re-reading/restarting a book is a pretty annoying task. Either you have to go into the book, and manually scroll back to the first page, or you have to scroll through every book you’ve read on the MyDC page to find the book to mark as unread. It would be nice if the “mark unread” option was more easily accessible like it is in Marvel Unlimited.

4 Likes

After the latest update I can no longer tap “downloads” and view all the books I have in a larger view like I used to. (Still works for comic history for whatever reason.) I use the app a lot on the go and depend on my downloaded content for that.

Having said that, my phone is aging and starting to struggle with the app generally. So I’m not sure if the download menu thing is across the board or just a “me” problem. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Might be better place for the help area but how am i using 3GB of Data when I don’t download comics? Is there a setting i have on that’s causing this?

4 Likes

The app is terrible at getting rid of data no longer needed

The app will continue to eat up more and more disk space.

Going through all that unneeded data also makes the app slower and slower.

I Uninstall and then Install the app frequently

But

You lose downloads that way

4 Likes

I had save cache while reading on and i had alot of seemingly unnecessary data… this may help you if you go through settings

4 Likes

I try eliminating cache and data first

But if that doesn’t work
I do as above.

4 Likes