DCUI: What Do You Like About DC Universe Infinite? And What Would You Change?

I remember having my ‘fun’ little war with Alfred trying to keep hitting a refresh button, when it got worse I contacted DC costumer service about this.
In a fun way I did make a thread called, ‘Is Alfred A Villian?’ :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

seems annoying

4 Likes

One thing that I would update is in the space where the issue number doubles up in Dive Back In, I think would look better and give more info by doing this:
Batman #179
1966-03-02
Similar to how Latest Releases gives more information under it’s covers.

4 Likes

Hey @HubCityExclamation! :wave: Thank you for the suggestion, I’ve added this to our list for you. :grinning:

3 Likes

Not sure if we do feature requests here. But an option to show the full page at the end while reading in panel mode would be cool.

7 Likes

We do indeed take feature requests here :slight_smile:

That’s a great one! I’ve added it to our list, thank you @Gekey and welcome back to the forums :grin:

5 Likes

Hi everyone. I think my main gripe with the service at the moment is the lack of organization or tags for comic books. For example, one glaringly surprising issue is that I cannot search for all wildstorm comics, for example, because they are not tagged as such. Even some current black label comcs will not show.up if I filter by that.

What I would like to see is a greatly improved search function that allows me to find comics more easily. Having sufficient tags is a start, but also doing things like sort by author, date, artist, imprint, event, etc…

That would allow me to create my own readiing collections and not depend on your curated lists (which are lagging behind, by the way). A natural next step would be to allow those lists to be shared with other users.

6 Likes

Hey there! Much thanks for the input + feature suggestions. :smiley: We really appreciate all feedback for the DCU UNIVERSE INFINITE reading platform, be it positive or negative — all efforts help us improve the reading experience for our users.

That said, I’ve gone ahead and noted your concerns/requests. Thanks again!

4 Likes

Is there any way we could get an option that lets us do away with infinite scroll and view these forums in a page number format instead? (Assuming there isn’t already!) As someone who primarily uses a laptop or desktop, infinite scroll always frustrates me.

4 Likes

That’s a good suggestion, @sopranoslytherin.92921! I’ve passed it along to the team. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I would appreciate the ability to sort or order my lists. I keep a “To Read” and a “Read” list and I don’t have any way to order my lists.
Confirmed the lack of any ordering or sorting options on personally created lists in Edge, Chrome, and Firefox on Microsoft Windows.

9 Likes

Thank you for the feedback @mojaka! I’ve added this feature request to our list. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’ve noticed when reading older books, some of the issues are incomplete, as in, they’ll only have 1 seven page story, or a story will be in black and white. Is there a way to put a note on every issue letting the reader know that it’s not finished?

6 Likes

or put out the whole book

4 Likes

Speaking of complete books, I am often disappointed by the parts that are edited out: contemporary ads, the indicia block, letters pages, etc…

6 Likes

@HubCityExclamation @Sean-Malloy @mojaka Thanks! I’ve noted all these points. :heart:

4 Likes

Something I would want to change: I want a nighttime setting on the iOS app. That means black backgrounds for panels by default at night. Marvel’s Unlimited comic app has this feature, and it makes a huge difference to my late-night reading pleasure on my iPad.

Is this the kind of request you are looking for?

7 Likes

Hey @Actionjohn, welcome back to the community! :wave:

This is exactly the type of request we are looking for in this thread - thank you for contributing! I’ve added your request to the list for the team to take a look into.

Please let the moderator team know if you need anything. :batparrot:

5 Likes

This isn’t an error, so much as a suggestion with some constructive criticism:

Can the thumbnail for The New 52 Aquaman series please be changed from this:

To this:

Minus the “Unlimited” banner, obvs. :wink:

The former is confusing to readers (be they new or old, but especially to the new ones), because they’ll be looking for a book called “Aquaman”.

As they see a thumbnail for something that, to them, appears to be titled “Aquaman: Death of a King”, they’ll skip the very series they’re looking for because, understandably, that doesn’t appear to be a series titled “Aquaman”.

The latter thumbnail is from Comixology, which means it’s thumbnail artwork preferred by and supplied from DC Comics. If that thumbnail is what they want for the New 52 Aquaman thumbnail on that particular digital platform, then it ideally should be the artwork in use for the series on our digital platform as well.

When readers (again, be they new or old, but especially in the case of the new ones) see the Comixology thumbnail art, they’ll more easily discover the New 52 Aquaman series (which will hopefully increase member engagement of the series), as opposed to a thumbnail that indicates a book titled “Aquaman: Death of a King” (which can theoretically decrease member engagement of the series).

AFAIK, Aquaman is the only New 52 series whose DCUI thumbnail does not correspond with its Comixology iteration.

If the two could be identical, that’d be great (especially for new readers) and very appreciated.
:slight_smile: :00_aquaman:

7 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, friend! I like how you very clearly stated your argument for this to be changed :wink:

5 Likes