DCUI: What Do You Like About DC Universe Infinite? And What Would You Change?

I’ve noticed when reading older books, some of the issues are incomplete, as in, they’ll only have 1 seven page story, or a story will be in black and white. Is there a way to put a note on every issue letting the reader know that it’s not finished?

6 Likes

or put out the whole book

4 Likes

Speaking of complete books, I am often disappointed by the parts that are edited out: contemporary ads, the indicia block, letters pages, etc…

6 Likes

@SaintBrodie @Sean-Malloy @mojaka Thanks! I’ve noted all these points. :heart:

4 Likes

Something I would want to change: I want a nighttime setting on the iOS app. That means black backgrounds for panels by default at night. Marvel’s Unlimited comic app has this feature, and it makes a huge difference to my late-night reading pleasure on my iPad.

Is this the kind of request you are looking for?

7 Likes

Hey @Actionjohn, welcome back to the community! :wave:

This is exactly the type of request we are looking for in this thread - thank you for contributing! I’ve added your request to the list for the team to take a look into.

Please let the moderator team know if you need anything. :batparrot:

6 Likes

This isn’t an error, so much as a suggestion with some constructive criticism:

Can the thumbnail for The New 52 Aquaman series please be changed from this:

To this:

Minus the “Unlimited” banner, obvs. :wink:

The former is confusing to readers (be they new or old, but especially to the new ones), because they’ll be looking for a book called “Aquaman”.

As they see a thumbnail for something that, to them, appears to be titled “Aquaman: Death of a King”, they’ll skip the very series they’re looking for because, understandably, that doesn’t appear to be a series titled “Aquaman”.

The latter thumbnail is from Comixology, which means it’s thumbnail artwork preferred by and supplied from DC Comics. If that thumbnail is what they want for the New 52 Aquaman thumbnail on that particular digital platform, then it ideally should be the artwork in use for the series on our digital platform as well.

When readers (again, be they new or old, but especially in the case of the new ones) see the Comixology thumbnail art, they’ll more easily discover the New 52 Aquaman series (which will hopefully increase member engagement of the series), as opposed to a thumbnail that indicates a book titled “Aquaman: Death of a King” (which can theoretically decrease member engagement of the series).

AFAIK, Aquaman is the only New 52 series whose DCUI thumbnail does not correspond with its Comixology iteration.

If the two could be identical, that’d be great (especially for new readers) and very appreciated.
:slight_smile: :00_aquaman:

7 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, friend! I like how you very clearly stated your argument for this to be changed :wink:

5 Likes

You’re welcome and thank you, hero of Mars.

Thank you. I’m good with words, and I know my stuff. :slight_smile:

SN: Sorry for not putting this in the thread you moved it to. To me, that thumbnail is an error, but I get why you moved it. :superman_hv_4:

5 Likes

Why didn’t I think of that…Oh @Moderators!:grin:

Can you guys please change this comic cover title…
Screenshot_20210912-211732_Infinite

To this please…
Screenshot_20210912-211746_Infinite

If you wanted too. Since this was a first issue. :slightly_smiling_face:

:batman: & :00_robin: Adventures

3 Likes

Could we get a dislike button for comics so that we never see it pop up for us again? I would LOVE to dislike Heroes In Crisis, all the Titans minis that have been reminiscent of that dumpster fire of they call show, anything by Tom King, Tom Taylor, Titans Academy, that Geoff John’s Teen Titans that has helped ruin their image as well? Like can we tailor what is presented to us and the things we see? Hell can I block/mute whole series and creators from ever popping up even if I search them? This would be really helpful. Now if only features like this would give the people who do this for a living an actual clue. But that’s a pipe dream ik.

6 Likes

Thank you for that suggestion, @EverAJ! I’ve added it to the list for the team to review. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you.

4 Likes

Suggestion:

Green Arrow #1, from The New 52 Green Arrow series, has the second printing cover (seen below) in use.

Meanwhile, this is the first printing cover (which is in use on Comixology, and is what the book, in print and digital, was originally released with):

Ideally, first printing/“A” covers should be used as the regular cover for a book, as that’s what they are: the main, original release, cover.

When time/effort allow, could the above red, second print cover please be changed to its original orange first print cover? AFAIK, all other New 52 #1s have their first printing covers in use (as they should).

Our thumbnail for the series uses the first printing cover as well…

…so having that match the cover (as they do on Comixology, and should on all other digital platforms for the sake of uniformity) would be groovy. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Honestly, I’d like it if the alternate covers appeared at the end of the issue.

7 Likes

So i don’t know if it has been suggested, but when i read story lines or if i’m reading the Superman Triangle eras, id like for it to know to jump to next actual issue in series rather than it jumping to next issue in character series.

5 Likes

Thanks for that great suggestion, @dcohen1213.58250! I’ve passed it up the chain for you. :slight_smile:

4 Likes
  1. I hate that I can no longer Read my Comics on the TV without Sideloading and going through hoops to only use half the app.

2. I don’t like that the app always defaults to portrait mode when it loads and not landscape. This makes it increasingly frustrating for tablets.

3. I hate that I still get Viewership Notification emails from back when it used to be DC Universe.

I miss :cry: the old DC Universe. I don’t understand why the video content couldn’t have just been removed but the app still be available on my TV. I wish there was a gaming console app but I feel like there is no longer any development being done on this app.

I liked DC Daily and watched it everyday…I enjoyed all the great contest and how amazing it was to win prizes. I feel like most thats gone away now.

I never even got to turn in my points near the end for cool merchandise. I’ve been here since beta and at one point this app was my go to every day. Now I’m stuck trying to siddload it and read it from tiny phones or incompatible tablets.

I feel like it should be integrated into the DC section of HBO MAX I mean…Now they have Podcast? So why not?

I miss it.

10 Likes

the best digital comic book subscription service.

4 Likes

create twitter account for dcu infinite.

5 Likes