DCUI: What Do You Like About DC Universe Infinite? And What Would You Change?

I’m mad that you got rid of the fanfiction part man

3 Likes

I totally understand your disappointment. We like to try and celebrate the community’s creativity as much as we can. As I mentioned though, our guidelines would only allow members to essentially re-write existing stories which serves little purpose and is classified as plagiarism.

If there’s anything outside of fan fiction that you like to do to show off your creativity (preferably DC related), do let us know and we’ll do what we can to help celebrate it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I enjoyed tremendously
Doing fan fiction
Every week
Using a prompt
From @MissInkBlot

But
It is was stopped
By Lawyers
And
Managememt
Not
The Moderators

The decision is final

Fan Fiction
Is not allowed here

There are other sites
Where
You can read and write
Fan fiction.

Just Not here.

5 Likes

:thinking: Guess those Brady kids didn’t like my DC Bunch song, since Marvel started it. Oh well that was fun!
Hey @Alec.Holland I have a new idea for Swamp Thing, maybe he can…
(Alec’s glaring back)
:cold_sweat:Um never mind, I was kidding anyway.
:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

@Alec.Holland fair point.

6 Likes

The fan fiction prompts
Given by
@MissInkBlot
Along with the
Strict limitation of
Word count

Resulted in
Interesting Character
Studies

The great majority
Were NOT
Redoing old stories

But they
Violated

Fair Use
Copyright
And Trademarks
Rights

Which
Management
Had rhe right
To be concerned about.

5 Likes

I’ve always had a split feeling on Fan Fiction; on the one hand, I think it’s a wonderful stepping stone for people to get into writing and find their voice. On the other hand, you’re using someone else’s characters without authorization. Normally that’s not too big of an issue, but when you have people with inflated egos because they write fan fiction, that’s an issue for me.

I can see why it’s no longer on the boards, though. I’m sure the community didn’t go crazy and followed the guidelines but it must’ve been a nightmare to keep an eye on.

5 Likes

Hi folks,

Are there any plan to improve the comic book reader/viewer on the website and in the iOS app?

1. For the website reader, I’d love to see vertical scrolling of the entire comic in the landscape mode. On a laptop, I prefer to read the comic book in full screen and scroll down until the end of the book, without having to click through.
  2. The iOS app when in landscape mode, scrolling down on the right side often trigger a click causing me to go back and finish reading. It is VERY sensitive to tap on the right side, even when I am not tapping, it would accidentally see it as a tap to next page.
6 Likes

Yes, please!

I mostly read on my laptop and this would be a much better format for full-page reading.

Also, when you switch pages on the website, the next page appears, then the screen goes black for a second or two and then reappears. Don’t know if it’s only on my end but might be worth looking into.

3 Likes

The black flickering is a huge annoyance for me too. It had gotten better in the past year but not enough IMO.

4 Likes

Welcome to DC Universe Infinite @dcuni.55181!:grinning:

4 Likes

@dcuni.55181 Thanks for the feedback and welcome to our community :grin:, I’ve noted it down to be sent to our team.

@NUEXGUY I’ve never experienced this black screen issue :thinking:. Can you two please let me know what type of PC OS you are using?

4 Likes

It happens on both my Windows 10 PC and Big Sur Macbook Air.

The browsers are: Edge 92 on Windows and Safari 14/STP 15 on Mac.

Just to be clear, it is not that I see a black screen. It is more like it is “refreshing” twice.

It happens like this; I’m on page 10 of Batman, I click the right side to jump to the next page, it shows the page but then it refresh to black screen and then it refresh again to show the same page. It is like the web app have a bug where it thinks it didn’t load the page and tries to refresh it for no reason.

This repeats like every over 15-20 pages.

5 Likes

That’s so strange @dcuni.55181! I’ve marked down everything you mentioned so that our team can take a look at it, so no worries. Fingers crossed they figure out what the deal is!

5 Likes

I’m more than happy to help with any logs. I’ll try to keep a close eye on this next time and see if I can capture anything.

5 Likes

I use CHROME OS and I read through the CHROME browser.

2 Likes

Yup. Sounds just like my experience.

It brings the next page up smooth as butter but then after like 2 seconds it reloads the page and where the page was goes black before doing a slower/cascading load of the page.

2 Likes

Gotcha, I added that to our notes concerning this issue - sorry you have been dealing with that. Thank you :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’ve love to see DCUI add all of the tradeback/omnibus collections as storylines here, so I can read certain events in one run without constantly figuring out which book is next.

For an example, The Flash by Mark Waid Books would be nice to see or any of the upcoming omnibus here:All Upcoming DC Omnibus Editions (now until December 2021) - ComicBookWire when it is available on DCUI.

6 Likes

Here’s a log from when it did the refresh.

18:02:35.453 raven.js:1491 GET https://reader.dcuniverseinfinite.com/8146c9ef-bfaa-46da-a175-9afe8369245e/dbb7d0a8-f751-40e3-a414-3996978eee07/DCPLSF_01_300-035_HD_SD.enc?Expires=1625792505&Signature=k5uX0zJdwefejdDOUNBJ1-XR-5wwwxnrEWTHxzTbNH0D7B213ihyKUDT9oZCplNIP4aa7MrB9auNA0eq4BiE5ZYqclxlRQKiSNRL2o8bnCQl7V~n-AG~mS2Se1UbY0WvAa0ZEHC7~QKXivrx9SHPAXfcpXTCOaksoNace-q74seNdjLGlsiF0xflmRfwyy62wtvLord3IJ-glFSvLJ1gn9CMqHUDua0j30W2Z~1dc6YPSCV~gxki1Koz73rqHPLBYiYw9GDuJ~9Mp4~iVWVFkXn0P71xiLykEEc~Z6K7nWqWA3aJLMQQzMT9dRtSc9myoTLbkXBPvUFsrdhDpxU3vA__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIWJDFK6BKRONDJ7Q 403
(anonymous) @ raven.js:1491
(anonymous) @ angular.js:12265
(anonymous) @ angular.js:12027
(anonymous) @ angular.js:11822
(anonymous) @ angular.js:16696
(anonymous) @ angular.js:16712
$eval @ angular.js:17994
$digest @ angular.js:17808
(anonymous) @ angular.js:18033
f @ angular.js:6045
(anonymous) @ angular.js:6324
d @ raven.js:445
setTimeout (async)
(anonymous) @ raven.js:1202
Wt.r.defer @ angular.js:6322
$evalAsync @ angular.js:18031
(anonymous) @ angular.js:16603
s @ angular.js:16712
then @ angular.js:16660
_ @ angular.js:11754
m @ angular.js:11719
m.<computed> @ angular.js:11949
value @ threaded-image-loader-v2.js:139
value @ threaded-image-loader-v2.js:47
(anonymous) @ comicbookreader-angular.min.js:5
value @ comicbookreader-angular.min.js:5
value @ comicbookreader-angular.min.js:6
(anonymous) @ comicbookreader-angular.min.js:5
setTimeout (async)
(anonymous) @ raven.js:1202
18:02:35.466 raven.js:1491 XHR failed loading: GET "https://reader.dcuniverseinfinite.com/8146c9ef-bfaa-46da-a175-9afe8369245e/dbb7d0a8-f751-40e3-a414-3996978eee07/DCPLSF_01_300-035_HD_SD.enc?Expires=1625792505&Signature=k5uX0zJdwefejdDOUNBJ1-XR-5wwwxnrEWTHxzTbNH0D7B213ihyKUDT9oZCplNIP4aa7MrB9auNA0eq4BiE5ZYqclxlRQKiSNRL2o8bnCQl7V~n-AG~mS2Se1UbY0WvAa0ZEHC7~QKXivrx9SHPAXfcpXTCOaksoNace-q74seNdjLGlsiF0xflmRfwyy62wtvLord3IJ-glFSvLJ1gn9CMqHUDua0j30W2Z~1dc6YPSCV~gxki1Koz73rqHPLBYiYw9GDuJ~9Mp4~iVWVFkXn0P71xiLykEEc~Z6K7nWqWA3aJLMQQzMT9dRtSc9myoTLbkXBPvUFsrdhDpxU3vA__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIWJDFK6BKRONDJ7Q".

The other times have the identical errors.

3 Likes