DCUI: What Do You Like About DC Universe Infinite? And What Would You Change?

Nice suggestion, I’ve passed it along!

& thank you for the log, I’ve let the team know about it so they can take a look when they get a chance :slight_smile:

5 Likes

your issue is fanfic writers that get ‘big heads’?

5 Likes

Have you dealt with that small section of the fandom? It’s an exercise in futility.

Again, fan fiction itself isn’t bad. For some people it’s their first step into writing. Those with a passion will go on to create their own characters, their own worlds and go through the arduous process of draft after draft, submitting it, rejection letters abound but still continuing on because they have a passion. Hopefully they get published.

…and then have the few I’m talking about. The ones who deal mainly in other peoples characters, who never move on to their own work but feel the need to lecture others because they wrote a “master piece” slash fiction and got more than two comments. These are the ones who have soured me on fan fiction. But, that’s just me. It doesn’t apply to everyone’s experience with fan fiction. In fact, I’m sure there’s plenty of people here that it’s affected positively.

4 Likes

Not sure I’ve met anyone like that

4 Likes

That’s actually really great to hear! It’s good to know you’ve had more positive experiences.

4 Likes

I’ve heard more about some ff writer flat-out copying other writers’ stories

4 Likes

Based on your post I found a Roku mirroring solution. There’s a real delay in turning pages but it’s better than nothing. Thanks!

3 Likes

Improvement: Allow adding a List to another List.

Expected Behavior: I would expect this to work similarly to how adding a Series or Collection works.

Usage Example: Say I want to make the List “Get To Know Batman Villains”. Sure I could add the official collections for popular villains like Joker, but if I wanted to include obscure characters I’d have to either wait for an official collection or have the issues clutter up the list. Instead, it would be nice to make separate “Get To Know Cornelius Stirk” and “Get To Know Calendar Man” Lists and just add those into the main List.

5 Likes

Add support for touchscreen scrolling/gestures in the web comic book reader.

At the moment, using Edge 92 on Windows 10 and Windows 11, I cannot scroll when the comic book has horizontal fit. Scrolling with mouse or trackpad works fine but just not scrolling on the touchscreen.

5 Likes

Hey @GL-Batophobia and @dcuni.55181! :wave: Thank you for these requests, I’ve added them to our list. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I can’t log on as often as I would like and when I am catching up on the bigger series (Future’s End, Convergence), there is no indication on the screen whether I have read a particular book.
Can we get an indicator to display for the books we have already read? I think it was part of the older DC Universe.

3 Likes

Thank you for your feedback, @michaelk.11446! We’re glad you popped in to let us know about this. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’d like to request the ability to quote closed threads. We “kind of” have this ability now by opening a reply in one thread and then navigating to it by clicking the link to the other one, but it doesn’t work if you navigate to it by, say, pasting the URL, I assume because single-page app and all that. I’m part of a number of longrunning sequences of threads, and we often have cause to quote old threads.

Also, while I’m here, can we get the quote attributions back when viewing quotes quoted from another thread? They’re still there in the markup, but instead of listing who actually posted it, all you can see is “On Another Topic.”

5 Likes

Hey there @mysterious_jedi!

I don’t think I quite understand what you mean. I just tested this out and it seems to be working just fine :thinking:. Do you mind explaining further?

So, I’m going to post a quote from another thread.

I can see the title of the thread but not the user’s name. To verify, do you see “On Another Topic?”

4 Likes

Huh. No, I see “About the Watchtower Category.” Possibly it only says “On Another Topic” for PMs? Regardless, though, I would like to see the user’s name.

When I go to a thread which has been closed due to reaching 10,000 posts and attempt to highlight text from a post to quote it, I can’t do so unless I already have the Reply box open. This makes it difficult to quote text from previous iterations of long-running threads. I’ve only tested this on closed private messages, though I would be surprised if the behavior was different in public threads.

3 Likes

Gotcha, noted!

Oooh okay I see what you mean now. I can’t replicate that exactly because my mod powers allow me to quote and post even in closed topics haha. Thanks for that, I’ll make a note of this as well! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’d like it if the Latest Releases page could have a running archive of perhaps the most recent 4 weeks of releases. For example, there could be links running down the side or across the top of the page that say 7/20/21, 7/13/21, 7/6/21, etc. that would take you to those past weeks of releases. I missed adding The Joker Presents: A Puzzlebox Director’s Cut #4 to my reading list when it was released yesterday, and it’s already gone from the page this morning, since it ticked over to the new week, so I had to go hunting for it on the series page. If the Latest Releases page had a monthly archive that would have enabled me to click back to last week’s releases, that would have made it easier to find.

6 Likes

Morning @KookieSuperApe - I’ve sent this suggestion on up to the development team! Thanks :grinning:

5 Likes

I love the app and the selection. The one thing I would like to see added is the option to set the panel by panel reading to show the full page at the end of each page. I use some other online comic reading apps that offer this and I really like this option.

9 Likes

Welcome back to the community, @thepurplepiledriver! Thank you for the feedback and suggestion - I’ve passed it along to the team for you. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes