DCUI: What Do You Like About DC Universe Infinite? And What Would You Change?

I don’t know, hope not.

3 Likes

same

5 Likes

Not sure if this is the right place for this. However, I will ask. Is there a forum or a place that I can go to see what the devs are working on for App improvement. I was part of a focus group a little over a year ago and gave feedback. I’m not sure what they did with that feedback or if I was even heard. Essentially, I need to see a here is what we are working on and here are the priorities. As one of many, who pay their salaries with our subscription, I’d like to know what’s being done. Thoughts?

4 Likes

Suggested Improvement:

1. When in Panel-by-Panel mode, having the option to view the full page upon “Entry” or “Exit” would be appreciated. My personal preference is to read in Panel-by-Panel mode, but then as I finish the last panel on a page, it’s nice to zoom out and see how the panel design looks as full page. Both Marvel Unlimited and Comixology offer this option with Panel-by-Panel. Once it’s selected, it will automatically show you the full page as you progress through the page in Panel-by-Panel. Perhaps this would be problematic with DC’s “Auto-play” feature, but I hope it’s something they would consider.

2. I would recommend allowing “Public Lists” to be shareable with others. I can find no option to do this, and really no distinction between a “Public List” and a “Private List”.

Thank you for the wonderful app! Love DC Universe Infinite! Just trying to make some suggestions so it becomes even better. Any feedback on these suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

9 Likes

This was added to the DCUI app a couple months ago. If it’s not happening for you when you’re reading an issue, you may need to turn on the feature in your settings.

6 Likes

So, it took me almost 15 minutes to figure out why I could not post a new topic. Frustrating. Therefore, I will ask my question here.

On the ipad, when I open a comic and want or need to close it before reading completely, it is a frustration to do. It seems that I need to hold my finger on the page for an unspecified amount of time, not too short but not too long. Most of the time it just turns to the next page. Much of the rest of the time, I hold my finger, and when I release it nothing happens. Occasionally, I am able to get the functionality to click “done” (or go to a different page if that’s what I wanted to do). On a computer, it’s far easier, you merely have to click outside the page border (which I attempt to do on the ipad to no avail). What the hell is the stupid secret to this? And might it not be better to have this functionality not be so fickle?

3 Likes

How do you turn it on? It doesn’t look like they have that option, I have requested it before.

5 Likes

Are you reading on a mobile app, or on the website? I think that feature is only available on the mobile app.

5 Likes

Hi @KookieSuperApe,

Oh wow! Thank you for letting me know. It appears the “beta” option can be found for the Android version of the app. Within an issue, under Settings you can choose “Show full page on entry and exit of last panel (beta)”. This is great!! I had to update my app to the latest version to see this option.

Sadly it is not available for the Apple version of the app yet. But this is a great step forward. Thank you!!

7 Likes

I’m on an iPad, but like @Irredeemable_Shag said, it looks like is not available for iOS yet. Thank you for letting me know!, maybe is coming soon and I can not wait for it, I got to used to it on Marvel Unlimited.

4 Likes

Hey there @cmbeckett1972, it sounds like that’s a bug! Can you try to uninstall, restart the iPad, and then reinstall and see if it’s still functioning in that manner? If so, please submit a ticket into our customer support here so they can document it!

4 Likes

@KookieSuperApe Thanks for the help :wink:

5 Likes

I would bring the fanfiction part of dc universe back

5 Likes
5 Likes

as much as I’d like it too that’ll never happen

5 Likes

yeah same here

5 Likes

Not sure why they hate it though

4 Likes

Doubt they hate it, probably some lawyers in a room said, if we allow fan fiction on our site and then one of our writers tells a similar story, litigation might result.

5 Likes

that’s a fair point; wish they had actually used it as a reason in the notice

4 Likes

There’s a huge variety of reasons for why fan fiction is no longer allowed.

If you take our fan art guidelines as an example, they don’t allow you to create any new costumes, storylines, character arcs etc.

For fan art, this is fine. You can still practice your drawing skills and show off how closely you can replicate your favorite heroes/villains. However, when you apply the same principle to fan fiction, you’re left with… rewriting a pre-existing comic basically word for word which is then plagiarism and copyright infringement. It just doesn’t work sadly.

7 Likes