📚 DCUI Ultra: What Are You Reading? 📚

yes lmao
i knew what it was
i don’t know how i did, but it was for some reason in my memory

exactly. that’s how i feel about bern :joy:

2 Likes

The Chrysler Building was destroyed in Armageddon and Roland Emmerich’s Godzilla (1998 was a bad year for that landmark), so if you’ve seen either of those recently, that might be why you know of it (and yay for knowing of it without the aid of Google :partying_face:).

2 Likes

considering i haven’t watched either of those movies…ever, i don’t think they were of any assistance in my mental recollection of this building

2 Likes

They’re cinematic junk food. Fun for what they are, but don’t expect “Riley Rossmo’s Bernard”, either.

I’ll prop up the youth of today and say “You know of it because you paid attention in school.”

Even if you slept in class, I’ve got you covered (I too slept in class). :superman_hv_4:

3 Likes

ah, yes, for sure
i am not ignoring school at this exact second or anything
i do not have a large quantity of things i need to do to get an education that are due tonight that i am procrastinating on
online school is a blessing and a curse. the blessing being, i make my own schedule. the curse being i make my own schedule.
i have horrible time management skills

3 Likes

Psychology is a side hobby of mine, and if I didn’t know any better, I’d say that what you actually mean is the opposite of what you’ve written.

I’m pretty sure the degree I obtained through Amateur Psychology Quarterly means I’m right. :smile:

In any event, don’t let DCUI distract you from important classes that teach important things you will need in life.

OTOH, feel free to let DCUI distract you from meaningless classes that teach you useless things that you will never need in life.

After all, if you’re not going to work in the culinary arts, who cares if you know how to repair a salad shooter or not?

3 Likes

oh my my we have a genius on our hands how could you have possibly deduced that from my cryptic wording? :joy:

honestly i feel like nothing I’m being taught right now is going to help me later in life
on the bright side, there are some positive things
in speech this semester we get to choose to write a speech on any subject of any kind, as long as it is informative
i plan on writing mine on tim drake, because if i have to talk for 6 minutes about anything of my choice, i will be a nerd during those 6 minutes

4 Likes

:rofl: That $1.25 I spent for the fake diploma I don’t actually have was indeed well-spent, it seems.

Hurray for the bright side and positivity!

Very cool.

Don’t let anybody give you any :poop: about your subject matter, either. Stand tall and confident in front of the class, believe in your words and yourself, ignore any potential naysayers and everything should work out fine.

Afterward, feel free to fall asleep in a class of absolutely zero importance (you’ll deserve the celebration).

May I suggest Business Computing (it was my chosen class to zone out in)? :joy:

4 Likes

that’s the best part- i record my silly little speech, and then the other people in my online class have to just comment messages critiquing it to get their grade and i don’t even have to read their messages

sure I’ll just wait until my next live zoom call class with a teacher is and then fall asleep, even though i turn in my speech on a Friday and my next class wouldn’t be until a Tuesday :joy:

4 Likes

Don’t you actually go to school?

In my day, I had to be in a taxpayer-funded building to get edumacated.

You kidz today have it E-Z with your online skuulinz.

4 Likes

nah
i went to public school all my life aside from one god awful hellish nightmare year at a christian private school i didn’t want to be at in middle school, and in person high school is something that i no longer wanted to take place in after the past couple years. i live in a kinda small town, and i am the only high school student who takes online classes in my entire district. (i’m so impressive) taking online classes this year was a necessary choice to prevent myself from having another very public anxiety attack :+1: (plus, more time at home means more time to read comics)

4 Likes

I was too busy learnign to fight ctime.

4 Likes

I hear ya. Anxiety is always a thing during the school years (and after, as I still have issues with it, on occasion).

That’s the spirit! :joy:

My heart swells with pride that today’s likeable slackers are just as clever as I was in my day…which wasn’t that long ago, so don’t give me any “You’re old, man!” :poop:, you understand? :wink:

Anyway…Ultra!

I’ve been making my way through the Year One arc of Deathstroke Inc. and I like it quite a bit, so far.

5 Likes

I would, but I am 61.

5 Likes

61 is the new 41. You’re not old!

Now, go break a skylight and enjoy your youth!

5 Likes

The rain on my chest is baptism. I am born again.

5 Likes

pushes his glasses up, Reeve-style, and squints a smidge

Daredevil, is that you?

5 Likes

oh my god, has @MatthewHecht been lying to us all this time? he isn’t the Bat? Is anyone trustworthy anymore :joy:

4 Likes

He has a rather…strong, we’ll say, penchant for the works of Frank Miller, so he could be Daredevil.

Daredevil however doesn’t have any Ultra reads to his credit, so he loses out to Batman, who has friggin’ oodles of Ultra reads to his name.

4 Likes

Miller chose to be a biographer to both myself and Daredevil for a reason.

5 Likes