📚 DCUI Ultra: What Are You Reading? 📚

He was also a biographer of me, but you don’t see me bragging, do you? :wink:

5 Likes

I do brag. Being the best superhero is bad for my bathumility.

6 Likes

Feel free to brag about your latest Ultra reads.

5 Likes

I’m slowly catching up on recent releases. I’ve just recently caught up on Nightwing and Batman. I think Flash is next on my list. Not sure what is after that.

But Nightwing is such a great read. I’m upset I haven’t been more up to date with it lately. Tom Taylor’s books are always fantastic.

5 Likes

NIGHTWING is so good that I caught up on the Taylor run here on DCUI, then added the print comic to my monthly pull list at my local comic shop.

6 Likes

I’ve been trying to go back to more trades recently. But some series make that very hard. Nightwing is one of them. Though, Ultra does make it easier now.

5 Likes

Zdarsky’s Batman has been an Ultra favorite of mine. Good stuff, so far.

Indeed, indeed. Nightwing is absolutely my favorite Bat-book, right now.

Nice!

I was going to read Nightwing in Ultra, but my absolute love for the current run made that a no-go. I needs my Nightwing fix as it comes out, so it remains a “Day One” pick-up for me as it has since Infinite Frontier began.

With Ultra, my trade reading has dropped a bit.

I read more trades pre-Ultra, because the time for a full arc/title to appear on DCUI was around the time when the trade would drop.

With Ultra however, that window is dramatically smaller, and many of my “read in trade” titles have now become Ultra reads.

4 Likes

New Ultra releases for the week of 11/1:

What are you :index_pointing_at_the_viewer: reading on Ultra this week?

4 Likes

Alright, I’ve caught up on Flash, World’s Finest and The New Champion of Shazam. All three are fantastic.

I really think this is one of my favorite Flash runs of all time. World’s Finest is a great read and the art is gorgeous. Shazam is a fun series and I look forward to learning more about the mystery taking place.

5 Likes

The Flash is just great, and like you, I see Adams’ run as an all-time favorite.

#787 was a ton of fun, and I’ll be eager to read your thoughts on it once it debuts on Ultra in a couple weeks.

I absolutely agree on both points, as there’s no current title I greatly anticipate the next issue of more than World’s Finest.

I hope Waid is planning to stick with the series for a very long time to come.

As for my latest Ultra reads:

:boom: Dark Crisis #5 and Dark Crisis: The Deadly Green.

I spoke of these in the Dark Crisis thread, but suffice to say, they were good.

:rotating_light: Gotham City: Year One #1

I was burnt out on Year One tales for a bit, so this wasn’t a title I had a great amount of interest in when it was originally solicited.

However, I gave #1 a whirl and its got me hooked for the duration of the series.

Between that and the Year One arc of Deathstroke Inc., I’m happily back in the Year One saddle. :cowboy_hat_face:

:batman: Batman #128

Zdarsky’s run continues to impress. I haven’t consistently enjoyed Batman this much since Tynion’s run began.

:large_blue_circle: Black Adam-The Justice Society Files: Dr. Fate

A nice wrap-up for the Black Adam prequels.

Having now read all of them, I’m even more eager to see Black Adam again, so as to experience it with the backstories of the Justice Society in mind.

5 Likes

New Ultra reads for the week of 11/15:

What’s on your Ultra reading list this week?

4 Likes

I read all of this week’s issues. The only one I don’t much care for is I Am Batman. Jace should take a different identity. I was surprised at how much I liked the Penguin story. Nightwing was fun with an interesting twist at the end.

5 Likes

Have you been reading the other One Bad Day one-shots?

Agreed. Nightwing is so good. :blush:

3 Likes

My current biographical picture book.
My current biographical picture book again.
My current biographical picture book again again.
My current biographical picture book again again again.
My current biographical picture book again again again again.
My current biographical picture book again again again again again.
S96

4 Likes

Try some other books, so that you don’t burn out. :wink:

4 Likes

I also read 52, so that is plenty of variety.

4 Likes

And…plenty-good, as well.

4 Likes

Ultra goodness for the week of 11/22:

What’s on your :index_pointing_at_the_viewer: Ultra to-read list this week?

4 Likes

I’m reading Batman Bad day with different Villains, and Superman: Space Age.:grinning:

5 Likes

Great stuff.

I haven’t read any of the One Bad Day books yet, but I will. When I do, I’m starting out with Two-Face, because he’s my #1 guy, Bat-villain-wise.

As for this week’s reads, I’m down for…

• Catwoman: Lonely City #4
  • DC: Mech #4
  • DC vs. Vampires #10
  • Deathstroke Inc. #14
  • 'Tec #1065
  • Tim Drake: Robin #2
3 Likes