šŸ“š DCUI Ultra: What Are You Reading? šŸ“š

Iā€™m currently reading Dark Crisis.

Iā€™m caught up with the issues of Jurassic League on ULTRA.

Iā€™m planning on starting Wonder Woman: Warbringer very soon.

3 Likes

Nice. What do you think of it, so far?

Isnā€™t that a fun series? I had an inkling that itā€™d be fun, but by Jurassic Park, I had no idea it would be as fun as it was. Definitely one of the yearā€™s most entertaining minis.

Thatā€™s on my list, too. LMK when you start it and we can compare notes while reading.

SN: The Warbringer book and audio book were both quite good, so Iā€™m curious to see how the comic adaptation compares to them.

4 Likes

Well DCUI Ultra got me to spend a few extra bucks on a DC comic. I normally donā€™t pay close attention to movie tie-in comics, but there were 3 issues of the Black Adam prequel comic here that I decided to check out. I got hooked and because I have my tickets booked for tomorrow, I couldnā€™t not finish the story. Ended up buying the final issue (Dr. Fate) on Comixology. If the movie is as good as the comic, weā€™re in for a great show :slightly_smiling_face:.

5 Likes

Nice! I have no doubt that Ultra will get me to shell out some coin on a book at some point, which Iā€™m a-okay with. Besides being rad in general, Ultra is also a great ā€œtry it before you buy itā€ and ā€œread what came first, then buy what comes nextā€ marketing tool.

sees DCUI PTB clapping with joy in the background

Hey, thank you. Ultra kicks ass! :superman_hv_4:

Oh, its better, a lot better. Enjoy the show! :superman_hv_4:

My latest Ultra read:

Stjepan Sejicā€™s story was :kissing: :pinched_fingers:t2:.

3 Likes

What are we reading on Ultra, this week?

The first issue of Bruce Campbellā€™s Sgt. Rock mini (paging @msgtv) was pretty slick.

Beyond that, hereā€™s a cover gallery of new to Ultra books for the week of 10/25:

What are you :index_pointing_at_the_viewer: reading from Ultra, this week?

3 Likes

I read all of it. I donā€™t care for the art in Tim Drake:Robin.

5 Likes

Nice! Anything in particular stand out to you?

Yeahā€¦Rossmo can be pretty hit and miss, and I found #1 to be mostly miss, unfortunately.

But, its the first issue, so maybe the others will be better.

If not, Ricardo Lopez Ortiz is on #5 in January. IDK if heā€™s a full-time replacement for Rossmo or just a fill-in, however.

3 Likes

Donā€™t tell @basicallytimdrake that

2 Likes

I liked Action Comics and I am still enjoying The Nice House on the Lake, although I donā€™t like all of the art in it.

3 Likes

Action was good.

Have you read the Warworld Saga, which preceded Kal-El Returns?

3 Likes

What?!?!?
how?!?!?!
itā€™s so good
it fits the story so well
some of the panels where itā€™s showing motion or any kind of movement are so freakingā€¦justā€¦like wOw
its so great
how could someone not like it?!?!!?!?
my one complaint is timā€™s hair looks weird
but like
darcy?!?!?
she looks great
bernard?!??!?!?! holy hell he looks amazing
the marina and every single setting and background?!?!?! incredible!
to be clear, iā€™m not really mad. just confused.
(also thank you for summoning me to this, @Jurisdiction. iā€™ve never looked at this thread and never would have seen it and gotten a chance to defend the comic lmao)

3 Likes

oopsā€¦ sorry @scoop001

3 Likes

Its easy, Ace: I found it to be messy and quite sloppy.

When I think of Timā€™s adventures, I think of art that is anything but messy and sloppy.

Rossmo works wonders on Harley Quinn, but on TDR? So far, its a miss. I have hope that the next issues will be better, and that #1 was just a trying-on-for-size starting point.

Well, thanks a bunch! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

in my personal opinion it just fits the story really well
there is a small possibility iā€™m just so obsessed with the design and outfit choices on bernard that iā€™m gaslighting myself into thinking i actually like the other aspects of the art

mY bad
i will do better as a human and make sure to look at every single thread on this website ever and be active in all of them and just go ahead and tell my friends outside of this website that Iā€™ll never have time to talk to them or hang out again :joy:

2 Likes

Small like this :pinching_hand:t2:, or small like the Chrysler Building ā€œsmallā€?

:rofl: Jettisoning everything and only focusing on DCUI! Thatā€™s all one can ask. :joy:

2 Likes

I like the story for Robin fine, but I am not a fan of art that doesnā€™t look realistic, or as realistic as costumed heroes can look.

3 Likes

Yes, I caught up on it once I joined Ultra. It was great to see Superman lead a revolution without powers, and even better when he got them back.

2 Likes

Hurray! Warworld Saga is badass.

Agreed. This was one of several stories that proves to the naysayers that Superman has plenty to offer besides his powers.

Agreed, once more. Iā€™m enjoying Kal-El Returns so far (Action #1048 was :kissing: :pinched_fingers:t2:), and canā€™t wait for more of it.

2 Likes

pssssshhhhhhhhtttt idkkkk
probably small like the Chrysler Building
but like
LOOK AT HIM:
Screenshot 2022-10-27 3.36.13 PM
Screenshot 2022-10-27 3.35.39 PM
Screenshot 2022-10-27 3.29.12 PM
imageScreenshot 2022-09-28 9.27.39 AMScreenshot 2022-09-28 9.30.51 AM
hmmm.
maybe.
i donā€™t like the art at all.
and
i just like bernard.
and
i just
donā€™t think
any art of :sparkles:him:sparkles: specifically
could be bad art
because itā€™s him
and i am just convincing myself that i actually like the art in this series
hmmm
maybe i really do dislike the art

2 Likes

Without Googleā€¦did you know what the Chrysler Building is? Be honest, now. :nerd_face:

Understandable, and a perfectly fine thing to admit.

I could look at scribbles of Power Girl on a cave wall and think ā€œThatā€™s art!ā€

2 Likes